Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: engine stalls when trying to execute tune

We need to know what files you are working with, so that we can help you dianose any issues your may be having. The more we know about your set-up and application, the easier it will be to help you. This is akin to someone saying to a mechanic "my car doesn't run right, what's the problem?" without any farther description or ability to diagnose the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by carcaper View Post
    dont you guys remember in school when the the teacher taught you to use complete sentences?
    Don't you remember when your elders taught you to research what you needed to know? I won't even get into how your sentence is not complete sentence itself.

Getting pissy and insulting will not help your cause. That will only get you less help and known as a whiner, not only on this site, but many others. You have to realize many of us here have been tuning for many years, we ask certain questions to have a place to start from, without some basics any help would be shooting in the dark. You need to crawl before you can walk, so slow down and listen to what we are saying and if you don't understand a question, stop and ask for clarification, without getting pissy, it will help others to help you.

I have a feeling you're not using the correct files for your application and this is what is causing your shut down issues. I had a similar situation today while working on Turbo Regal. I was switching between codes while it was running, which I know better than to do, but frustration was getting to me and forgot a step.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by carcaper View Post
    Yes I downloaded and selected them both still don't see where to disable the checksum
    Well better download and save again and open the correct copy, because I just did and Mask ID is there.

EDIT: Along the same lines as Six Shooter we really need to know what your working on to find correct files. I asked once, you didn't respond, so I just helped with files that are way better then anything on the net for $DA3... $DA2 is a differant XDF/mask for modifying the bin/chip, but they both share the same ADX for datalogging.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Sorry, I had uploaded wrong file, Mask ID is now fixed and shows in hex, not calculated value. I was rushing and blew it...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-