Thread: Wide Band O2 / Narrow Band Combo?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yup! But the simulated narrow band results have been less then ideal, same as gregs78cam, I've found OL tuning better off the WB.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yup! But the simulated narrow band results have been less then ideal, same as gregs78cam, I've found OL tuning better off the WB.
    I've had similar experience using simulated Narrow Band results. I'll look at the MTX-L.

dave w

Right now I have my MTX-L feeding both the NB input on the pcm, and the egr pintle for WB datalogging.
    Only thing is the data log dash doesnt read correctly, as I need to reprogram that output to what it needs to see. Only problem is that it only comes with a serial cable to program, and my computer does not have one of those ports. And I refuse to pay the $40-$50 for a usb adapter to use only one time. Why in the hell does a company like innovate use the outdated serial cable, why oh why dont they join the rest of the world and use a usb cable?

Other than that, I love it. So much in fact, that I will be buying another one to install in my wrangler.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Right now I have my MTX-L feeding both the NB input on the pcm, and the egr pintle for WB datalogging.
    Only thing is the data log dash doesnt read correctly, as I need to reprogram that output to what it needs to see. Only problem is that it only comes with a serial cable to program, and my computer does not have one of those ports. And I refuse to pay the $40-$50 for a usb adapter to use only one time. Why in the hell does a company like innovate use the outdated serial cable, why oh why dont they join the rest of the world and use a usb cable?

Other than that, I love it. So much in fact, that I will be buying another one to install in my wrangler.
    JeepsAndGuns,
    Thanks for the feedback on the MTX-L. I 100% agree with the USB vs Serial cable! I looked at the MTX-L manual webpage: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...Manual_1.1.pdf very helpful.

dave w

The serial connection of my LC-1 is what caused me to sell one of my LC1s (Will be selling the other at some point), and replace it with a 14point7.com SLC_DIY, it also has a multitude of other (datalogging) features that the Innovate hardware doesn't have without additional components.

I've never understood why people complain about a product, but then in the last sentence say "But I will be buying another..."
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    The serial connection of my LC-1 is what caused me to sell one of my LC1s (Will be selling the other at some point), and replace it with a 14point7.com SLC_DIY, it also has a multitude of other (datalogging) features that the Innovate hardware doesn't have without additional components.

I've never understood why people complain about a product, but then in the last sentence say "But I will be buying another..."
    I think there is a back-order on the 14point7.com SLC_DIY until August?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I think there is a back-order on the 14point7.com SLC_DIY until August?

dave w
    It's worth the wait.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Its not the product I am complaining about, I love it! Its the cable I am complaining about. And its not that big of a complaint.

Just wondering, the simulated NB output of the MTX-L is 1.1 volt for AFR of 14, and 0.1 volt for AFR of 15. Is this correct for a gm ecm?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

To me the serial connection is a BIG complaint, I have nothing but my desktop that has a serial port, and I had to add it. This is 2012, not 1998...

That voltage isn't correct for ANY ECM.

Innovate has finally upgraded there old technology, which was developed before USB. The new LM2 is USB!

Now that they also have a wireless OBDII data logger still using LogWorks but also capable of iPhone, iPad or PC I'm thinking the LC-1 may be a good investment after all. No serial or USB needed as the LC-1 plugs right in to get WideBand and OBDII data in same log!

http://www.ot-2.com/ot2adv.html

-= =-

Just wondering, the simulated NB output of the MTX-L is 1.1 volt for AFR of 14, and 0.1 volt for AFR of 15. Is this correct for a gm ecm?
    I once tried to figure out if BLM's and O2 voltages could be correlated ... not with any data processing method I know of. Ultimately, the use of the WBO2 to adjust the VE Table is the goal. I've seen near perfect 128 BLM's show 14.2 on the WBO2. In my thinking, that's TUNED!

My thinking is the simulated NB of the MTX-L is a no harm / no foul way of tuning. The NB simulated voltages provided MTX-L will keep the ECM happy when data logging to figure out what the AFR actually is. With enough WBO2 data the VE Tables can be adjusted so the NB will be happy after the WBO2 is removed.

dave w

Isn't stoich for 10% ethonal fuel 14.2 to 1?

-= =-