Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C4 OBD1 Tuning

Electronic Ignition!

C4 OBD1 Tuning

Hi all,
    If anyone could advise me would be grateful. Using TunerPro RT and bin file APYP.bin Datastream Definition file 1227165_6E.ads. And xdf definition file 6E.xdf with the ostrich II emulator. 1989 corvette L98 TPI stroked and bored .60 over so now 388 displacement or 6.5l.

I need tuning advice for upgrading my 21lb fuel injectors to 30lb. Of course I have the injector datasheet but lack knowledge on exactly what (limited selection with this ECU too) to tune. I read some of the fuel system threads and all good information. I'm thinking to pay someone to help me here but feel I am smart enough to figure this out as diy guy. With this bin setup I only see these fuel table options

Is there any good tutorials ya'll could point me to on setting in my new injector values here?
    Thanks

Newby learning OBD1 tuning

Electronic Ignition!
    Oh, I see my snip of the parameter tree didn't copy. Sorry. Under FUEL I can see only:
    DFCO enable if RMP above
    DFCO remain if RMO above
    DFCO disable if temp less than
    DFCO enabled if conditions met for x
    DFCO enabled if Lv8 < x
    DFCO remain if Lv8 < x
    DFCO max rmp decrease /12.5 ms
    DFCO enabled if % TPS < x
    DFCO disable low vss speed limit
    DFCO consecutive minimum delay
    Stoichiometric Air/Fuel Ratio
    Startup enrich vs coolant
    MAF table #1
    MAF table #2
    MAF table #3
    MAF table #4
    MAF table #5
    MAF table #6
    Maximum air flow vs rmp

That's it. Is there advise anywhere on these?

Electronic Ignition!

Fuel Injected!
    So it looks like the lack of love for the 89 ecu has left you with a mess of an XDF. I'm working on reorganizing it to more managable catagories and it should help you find what you are looking for. The main scaler you are going to change is the flow rate in lb's/hr for single and dual fire from the 22 to 30lbs. This will need to be scalled a little to adjust for the outdated programming and to prevent you from having to re-do all your fueling tables

Fuel Injected!
    Here is an organized layout of your XDF. Both the injector size constant and voltage timing are under fuel. It looks like there is a different value for single or dual injection mode so make sure you change them both to match the new injectors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Electronic Ignition!
    I love it! Thanks so much. Space387.jpg

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks Space387! As I begin this operation I'm very grateful for forums like this one and so many helpful people. Learning tune is a fascinating journey. I intend to throw out this obd1 soon in lieu of a Megasquirt. But feeling much better about getting started with this better $6E! Updates will follow.

Fuel Injected!
    I said the same but keep finding new options to make the 1227727 in my 1990 more interesting.

Electronic Ignition!
    Nice. That's very interesting. What kind of dash gauges are you using. I'm installing a wide band now. But also want fuel rail pressure and vacuum gauges too. Any tuning tips you care to share with me are welcome. Questions are going to be coming. With these new injectors, as well as flow rate, etc., apparently i've got to also adjust the voltage offsets too. I would like to find a nice check list that matches this tune for all the points I need to make adjustments with. The actual adjustments are fun to learn to do.

Fuel Injected!
    I am still running the stock gauges but have a WbO2 ran to the ecm so I can datalog with it. I use my Samsung S10 with a USB to aldl adapter for data logging with the aldldroid app. It uses the XDF and ADF files from tunerpro and has a customizable dash on it. Sadly the ecu I have is speed density so I am not as familiar with the tuning of a MAF car. I dabbled with my LT1 Firebird but it is significantly different in the way it is programmed and understood by the community. I will try to drop by the forum more often to help where I can too.

FWIW I spent the better part of 6 months playing with the tune of the stock engine to try and update it and see what helped what hurt and what didn't do anything at all. Then over the summer I grafted some LT1 heads and intake onto the L98 short block and put a healthy cam in. Thus I had to completely rebuild the fuel and spark tables, soo much fun. Its been about 8 months of drive a little, tune a little to get most of the bugs out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electronic Ignition!
    Looks nice! And I'm fascinated with the work you doing. It's exactly what I'm about to self teach myself. I'm looking hard at that bluetooth setup with android. Right now got money thrown at the TunerPro RT, aldl cable. The Moates Ostrich II and the Moates burner II and a spare chip for the final tune. My goal is to data log (I guess with windl) and then make adjustments to this modified L98. As for hobbies, this is one I like. As for money pits. We'll, let it be a corvette. This motor is just broke in w/barely 2k since rebuilt by Corvette World in Dallas. I'm re-duing the top end and checking valve/rocker lash then putting it back together all sweet and perty, then begin with the tuning.blasting.jpg

Electronic Ignition!
    fuel rail.jpg All four of these fuel rail wire holds are broken, the little plastic clip that goes inside the rail covers. I'm not finding these anywhere so thinking to remake with light metal. Stronger. Longer.
    Last edited by Cam George; 05-04-2021 at 02:55 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Attachment 16727 In process of removing the intake manifold, blast and clear coat then reinstall w/new gaskets. This started as I have been chasing vacuum leaks. Also leaks at the valve covers too. All getting redone. checking valve lash while apart. EGR deleted. AIR pump re-circulation emissions system deleted. Cats deleted. Also upgrading to 30psi injectors which is what started this conversation. Hoping to get to it's peak performance as a raw stroked out naturally aspirated TPI system. At 9.5:1 pistons. Bbored .60 over. Mild cam. I'm hoping to get'er up to at least 450hp. We'll see.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam George View Post
    Attachment 16727 In process of removing the intake manifold, blast and clear coat then reinstall w/new gaskets. This started as I have been chasing vacuum leaks. Also leaks at the valve covers too. All getting redone. checking valve lash while apart. EGR deleted. AIR pump re-circulation emissions system deleted. Cats deleted. Also upgrading to 30psi injectors which is what started this conversation. Hoping to get to it's peak performance as a raw stroked out naturally aspirated TPI system. At 9.5:1 pistons. Bbored .60 over. Mild cam. I'm hoping to get'er up to at least 450hp. We'll see.
    I love the enthusiasm but to get 450RWHP you will need to spin the engine higher than a TPI will take you or go boost. I didnt see, are you planning on a different intake for the combo? I highly recommend not going with the LT1 intake like I did for real numbers as for the cost of what I did, a TPIS mini ram is the better option. I am excited to see how it turns out though.