Hello everyone, I am building a 86 Corvette and have been trying to figure the best route to tune an obd1 car. Everyone keeps saying mail order is a waist of time. I also have been told different ideas about injectors, and throttle body. From stock to wild, so I would like to hear more on that. Basically the need to know stuff is, HSR, AFR Enforcer heads, and a 280 XFI cam {about 550 lift} with 1.6rr. Exhaust, as of now is, shorty headers, hi flow cats, and no mufflers. Trans is 700r4 with a mid build, and a 2400 stall. Rearend is new, and has 3,54s. I use the car as a cruiser, auto cross, and feeling hurter.
My plan is to get the Moates 2.0 emulator, and learn as I go. Like I said before, this is all new to me so any help here is also appreciated. Ive read guys are just using the emulator, and not burning chips. Is that a good idea? This is the only obd1 car I have. Does it also work on obd2 cars? What else do I need to know? Still a little skeptical my ability to learn this, but I sure want to! TIA. h