Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Puckerbrush KS (PCM OS 9373372)

Greetings from Puckerbrush KS (PCM OS 9373372)

Name is Bill (Bill Likescars on Fbook) my son bought a junk 1979 T/A with no motor I have a 1999 LM7 still in the truck I am planning a swap need XDF files for the old trucks brain. LOL

Gearhead-efi OBD2 tuning link: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

Gearhead-efi OBD2 tuning link: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

dave w
    Does not look like there is an XDF for mine.
    I tried to look at my bin in flexhex but it appears the ANSI pane is in Chinese language?
    Last edited by 30bird; 04-28-2021 at 02:46 AM.

Would it be possible to reflash your PCM with a .bin file that has a .xdf file? Maybe a 2001 or 2002 LM7 .bin file?

dave w

I need to research what os's mine supports
    GM made the following changes from the original 9363996 OS
    9363996 N/A Operating system
    9365637 N/A Change required to reduce rich fueling during tip-in.
    9373372 N/A Calibration change required to correct an IAC reset error
    9379910 N/A New software to engage A/C during engine crank to prevent A/C belt damage. Also enhanced park/neutral diagnostics.
    I cannot find XDFs for those OS's either
    I just need to figure out what os that has an XDF will run on my hardware. I have been trying to figure it out with weeks of searching

I'm not sure if starting over with a newer / different PCM makes sense or not. Perhaps purchasing a PCM that is flashed with an OS you can work with is an option?

For example: Flash Masters (an ebay seller) https://www.ebay.com/itm/17340783457...QAAOSw3v5YqKyg

The wiring for "Stand-Alone" 99-00 vs. 01-02 computers are the same, or perhaps a couple wires might need to swapped?

dave w

I have the PCM (I have the whole running driving truck)
    I guess what I would like to know is if I could flash the OS from a 2002 that has an XDF on to my hardware.
    It seems like it has been done reading these forums.
    I am not sure what OS should I use? The car OS for a 5.7 or The truck OS 5.3.
    I am trying to develop a swap system because I can duplicate this and do my other car I have in the future.
    I will probably post questions to the forums soon but I want to know what I am talking about at least a little bit
    Dave, I really appreciate you taking the time to talk with me on this, I will pay it forward once I know what I am doing.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

It'll somewhat depend on what transmission you will be using. I rather fancy using OS 12212156 or 12208322 and I'm presuming that you will be using the stock 1999, 512k byte, red / blue connector PCM common to that year.

But yes, you will be overwriting whatever OS is in your PCM now after you make a copy of it.

I completely recommend buying an additional PCM as a spare. And I also recommend making a bench harness out of junk yard parts powered by a decent, two amp power supply. The small 12 volt wall wart power supplies often konk out during the actual writing of the OS which can turn your PCM into a very nice door stop or wheel chock.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
    Hello,

It'll somewhat depend on what transmission you will be using. I rather fancy using OS 12212156 or 12208322 and I'm presuming that you will be using the stock 1999, 512k byte, red / blue connector PCM common to that year.

But yes, you will be overwriting whatever OS is in your PCM now after you make a copy of it.

I completely recommend buying an additional PCM as a spare. And I also recommend making a bench harness out of junk yard parts powered by a decent, two amp power supply. The small 12 volt wall wart power supplies often konk out during the actual writing of the OS which can turn your PCM into a very nice door stop or wheel chock.

Rick
    Yes using the entire drive train out of the 1999.
    I was able to do calc while in the truck I had to pull a couple fuses though I understand the advantages of a bench harness I have a regulated DC power supply that I use for my computer service hobby
    s-l640.jpg
    If I was looking in the yard for a PCM I would need to research what years and models to look for...
    I think Blue Red P01 PCM 0411 LS1 LM7 LQ4 LR4
    I think they are $40 at the local pick a part. Thanks for the warning on bricking, I have flashed many many bios on computers and, fingers crossed, I have never bricked one yet but, I understand the dangers involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 30bird View Post
    I think they are $40 at the local pick a part.
    I'll buy a dozen '0411's @ $40 each and pay the shipping. My '0411 inventory is getting low.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I get either the 0411 or the 0896 red / blue PCM devices around here for $16.00 on Half Price Sale days, no tax. Picked a 0411 up a few weeks ago from an Express van but alas, it was not on a sale day. It was absolutely the dirtiest PCM that I've ever picked but it cleaned up easily and it flashed perfectly with one of the OS's I mentioned above.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    I'll take 10 @ $16 and throw ya a hundy for your trouble :)
    -Carl

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/loca...ta-246/prices/
    ENGINE CONTROL MODULE price $22.99 Core $7.00 $0.00 1 year warranty $6.90

Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
    Hello,

yes

Rick looks like you did exactly what I am attempting/wanting to do on your 1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E only difference is its a 1979 T/A
    I am planning on putting the complete drive train from the truck in, with minor modification, will swap on a f body pan for ground clearance.
    Not really sure what I need to edit other than VATS and speedometer and disable the evap emissions monitoring because it has failed other than that I will probably leave all the emissions stuff on it and use the truck fuel regulator with external fuel pump. Any tips you have I would welcome I have been working on cars my whole life but this is my first attempt at a LS swap. I am trying to do a $6000 job for $6 LOL.

got files from
    dzidaV8 post
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post61702
    also have
    BoredTruckOwner files xdf and bin
    https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/L...ine_Repository