Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GearHead-EFI OBDII Tuning Forum

Cables are available, but software is not.

http://www.avt-hq.com/price.htm

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    holy hell, ~$900 cables?!

which one is used only for VPW? that's the protocall that most GM stuff used until moving to CAN.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Last I looked they wer closer to $240 they are available, just ask for a price quote and pay the bill it will be shipped.

-= =-

Super Moderator
    the 852 will work with VPW and CAN, so that's what, 95% of what everyone here would want to play with?

Available to industrial customers and as an OEM unit only.
    so...... what would have to happen for a bunch of enthusiasts to try and qualify as either of those?

otherwise, the cheapest unit is like $230, with an extra $15 for some add-on A/D channels (and that seems like an EXCELLENT deal considering what it could be used for)

as for reverse engineering.....

http://www.avt-hq.com/842_photos.htm

take a look at the bottom 2 pics. not gonna be easy.... interesting thing to note: the processor used looks to be a motorola(freescale) unit. can't read the exact part number though.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Mark, let me know how the RR/TC set-up is. I've had a number of people ask me lately about tuning OBD2 stuff.

If it wasn't for this craptastic "licence per vehicle/PCM/Enging family deal" I'd likely have bought OBD2 tuning equipment already. But at minimum $499 + more "licences" for each vehicle, it's sometimes hard for someone that wants the tuning done to understand why I'll be charging $400+ to tune their vehicle.

I like the idea of the RR/TC deal, even at over $2000 for unlimited vehicles, it's still WAY cheaper than EFI Live.

So if I understand it correctly, you can use the RR to get the tune, then flash the original PCM, that is not equipped with an RR, to send someone on their merry tuned way, is that correct?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

So if I understand it correctly, you can use the RR to get the tune, then flash the original PCM, that is not equipped with an RR, to send someone on their merry tuned way, is that correct?
    Yes but only LS1 or modified other engines to run off the 411 PCM.

EFI Live is sweet, fairly easy for a rich guy with a newer car to play "let's melt my motor"! But I think for trying to make a buck the per license thing is ridiculas and cost of unlimited would even be a strain on a dyno facility, I've seen Dynos for same cost...

Data logging is the only obstacle, I think with new LS1 stuff for TunerPro and a good Scan Tool and experiance it can be done. But I'm still looking at EFI FlashScan for data logging as no license per vehicle. Covers all the cool GM SS stuff OBDII and more.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Exciting stuff to follow ; reminds me of the NASA space-folks prepping for their first Earth orbital flight. Lots of what-if's and how-bout's . Be safe...Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    There are already xdf's for the 411 for TPRTv5. I downloaded a zip file on here that had them in it. (talk about overwhelming ammounts of parameters!)
    I'd like to know where so I can look at the PID request parameters.
    I haven't seen that.
    TIA,
    Jp
    86 Monte, 406, Hyd Roller, 700R4 beefed, G3-APU1 and NVSRAM 730, S_AUJP

Administrator
    Should have a cable that does CAN as well as "old" GM OBDII. Without CAN you're starting out obsolete. :(

For older AVT cables there was software available to talk with cable, ping PCM, etc. I've been playing with a GM OBDII pcm that is not used in GM vehicle and looks like 7427 with extra connector. Aftermarket scantool talks with it but still haven't gotten response using pc. There was a freeware scantool developed for AVT VPN version which I have a copy of. Was a forum too, but IIRC it's not even found on internet archive.

Lessee...

Yep! UVScan. Forum was at "uvscanning.com" Software was on grandamgt.com and a couple other sites. Mebbe someone who's worked with it is still around? Or can come up with some Google caches to download?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll have to give that a try.

Been playing with ScanXL Pro w/GM enhanced PIDS. First impressions are WOW! Loads of custom PIDS for calculations.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...lpro/index.php

-= =-