Thread: GearHead-EFI OBDII Tuning Forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GearHead-EFI OBDII Tuning Forum

FLASH! Instead of burn...

Time to expand!

Just ordered my Moates RoadRunner, TunerCat OBDII Tuning Software and cable, figured we could see how many are into the newer stuff?

Any suggestions welcome! As we progress we will start a OBDII calibration collection and help each other as we always have.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I took the $$$ plunge into EFI Live about a year and half ago. I'm thinking most members will avoid the expense of OBDII software because of the cost? I keep hoping someone, will provide a low cost "Flash" software for OBDII.

dave w

Super Moderator
    give it time.... i mean, it's been 16 years since OBD2 was introduced, but at one point in time, there were low-cost and free OBD2 tuning options, a lot of which were more or less open source.... but then companies started basically copy/pasting, adding in a couple of small features, and we get to where we are today.

there is good stuff on the horizon.... if you know where to look. :D
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    there is good stuff on the horizon.... if you know where to look. :D
    I've been waiting for the horizon and helping the horizon, but I turned down more OBDII work last month then I had OBDI work... agian...

In the long run I wanted to avoid the high cost of per vehicle license. But there's still only scan tool data for now. Can't find a good alternative for data logging OBDII.

How does the EFI Live Scan work? Will it do all OBDII GM stuff or is it a per vehicle thing too?

I'm also passing on the 96 LT1 Z28. Looking for 1998 up LS1 Z28 or another LS1 type vehicle. Man am I going to be broke...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    How does the EFI Live Scan work? Will it do all OBDII GM stuff or is it a per vehicle thing too?
    I've been able to scan / data log several GM's OBDII vehicles, very similar to the way TunerPro RT scan / data logs. I'm using EFI Live Flash Scan V2 http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...eneral-contect

dave w

So is the FlashScan data really worth $499 ? Ouch... OH! I remember a guy gave me EFI live once.... I wonder if.... no I don't have the cable, just the software...

-= =-