Thread: A/C request

Fuel Injected!

A/C request

I am installing the A/C and I need a request for the e-fans. I would like to use pin E3, can I make changes for that purpose only and not use the thermostat part?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

Which PCM? Its hard to know what pin E3 does or doesn't do without knowing the type of PCM. As for me, I control my fan in conjunction with my AC compressor using a fan relay / control / thermostat assembly - Four Seasons part number 35879.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19391358357...kaAmlOEALw_wcB

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    It’s a 7427 in a 95 truck. I’ve got the fans with the thermostatic switch installed and working well. Problems start when I connect the 12 volt wire from the A/C compressor to the relay. Don’t know if it’s back feeding or stealing power. If I would of found the e-fan hack before I installed I wouldn’t have used the thermostatic switch that came with the fans. As of now I wired a switch in the cab to send a ground to the relay for A/C request.
    The e-fan hack stated that you can use all or part of code to do what is needed for your setup. I don’t understand what to change in the hex editor to send a ground for A/C request only. I hope someone here can help, I wired the AFR to the pcm to use for wideband tuning and was thinking I could do this.

Fuel Injected!
    Initally had both my electric fans running from a dual relay setup (relay for each fan) to a fan controller, temp control came from a sensor I installed in the side tank of the radiator and a supply tapped in from the A/C clutch wire.
    When I went to the fan hack I left one fan running via the temp sensor and clutch connection and the second fan running seperatly via the fan hack.
    I just liked the redundancy it gave me if one method of fan control failed.`
    The fan hack has some nice features for control of the fans but from memory I could only get the basic one to run, uploading the more advanced fan hacks crashed my PCM.