Thread: P59 pcm rewrite

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

P59 pcm rewrite

Ok I apologize first If I missed a a thread or a post about this. I have been reading for a few daya on OBDII, Tunerpro, PCM Hammer and ect...... I feel like my brain is mush.

I am doing an 2005 1500 Silverado 5.3L with a 4L60E into a 1993 chevy pick up.

A little history I purchased the 5.3L dbw and the transmission as a complete unit with the fuse box, PCM, electric fans and all harnesses and all accessories. I am now in the process of freshening up the engine a bit with a gentle rebuild with a cam for curb appeal.

I purchased a OBD Link MX+for being able to hopefully read and write the PCM for #1 vats deletion, #2 deleting non need items such as evap and rear o2's, and #3 for tuning.

I am now in the middle of my project and getting to the PCM portion. I was able to read th bin and save the file off my PCM with PCM Hammer.

I found out and I believe my OS is 12592618. From everything I have read there is NO xdf for 12592618 as of yet for Tuner Pro. Is that true?

I believe I have read and seen that the OS and XDF must absolutely match in Tuner Pro.

But, I believe I have read that people can, have or could over write the OS 12592618 with OS 12587603 which if my memory serves me correctly is from 2004. Is that true?

I believe I am very computer savy & mechanically inclined.....

I am seeking some honest answers.... That could range from look here to hey stupid stop.

If this was your project or if you was in my shoes how would you proceed?

Obviously if I can overwrite a PCM with an OS of 12592618 and convert it to 12587603 that would be my choice. If I cannt and 12592618 is not yet available or compromised with open source programming. Is HP Tuner an option?

Thanks in advance.

MrPlumber
    Last edited by MrPlumber; 04-07-2021 at 01:04 AM. Reason: cannt spell