Ok folks, back again with a New project,, Operation "CCC system Restoration"
I have purchased a fine survivor of a 305 ccc 4 brl 2004r G body , stashed away in a crappy 1 car garage since the sad year of 2004 , due to a non operational transmission . got it home and running in a hour or so with just filling the carb bowl through the vent and she roared to life . Sadly didnt pull in any gear. 20210102_153659.jpg so I rebuilt the Trans, new convertor I had to replace the 4th gear pressure switch cause it was showing closed and if you applied any air at all to it it leaked around the crimp on the outside. removed the carb, cleaned it out and made sue all the air tubes where rodded out with a torch tip cleaner set. can runs flawless, CCC seems to be commanding timing because it changes to the default base setting when you unplug the 4 way to set it. Found some good videos from GM about recalibrating the carbs when they come in for a 25,000 service and explained how finely calibrated everything is including the seals for the accel pump and TPS plunger to keep out ambient air, and this is really a good system in theory and some of the cars when new had milage in the mid 20s on the highway if maintained properly. Im thinking alot of these systems got a bad rap due to lack of knowledge as to how sensitive these carbs are compared with Prior non electronic q jets. But i have regeared the rear with 3.42 gears compared to the Namesake 2.41 that is came stock with. added some New 225/70/14s on some pontiac 14x7 rallys , changed the governor gear so the speedo it within 1mph of the gps reading.20210404_185651.jpg

Plans are to make this system work as advertised. I have a monte SS chip from a 1987 , now currently I have the stock 7169 ECM with a FFU prom. Check engine light comes on and then goes right off once you start the car and you never see it again till the next cycle. I tried swapping the SS chip in and the check engine light stays on , didnt pull the code just figured it was the mix match in years, but turned out I have head the 87s had a different ecm that was a little faster so Im wondering if I do swap to the 87 305 ECM will it work with my current 305 system?