Thread: Trouble with LS swap, need to bounce some ideas around

Carb and Points!

Trouble with LS swap, need to bounce some ideas around

Ok it seems ive gotten myself into a pickle and I need a little help. I have 4 code on my swap that wont go away U0107, P2761, P0758, P0758.

U0107 is what im most concerned about because its made the truck basically undriveable. It seems when its in open loop it will rev to redline but as soon as its in closed loop you cant press the petal more then say 25% before it goes into limp mode. My biggest problem now is that I put the truck away for storage so I need to come up with a solution before I head down again.

History of the truck. The donor truck is a 07 Silverado 6.0 Classic that was running and driving. The engine swap was finished up just before the snow fell so it was a bit of a rush. I did the harness according to LT1swap.com and a bit of my research. I programmed the computer with TunerPro.

Can it be the tune causing this with a 2004 bin file on a 2007, my concern is different petals possibly with different values confusing the computer... Could this be a tune problem or is the problem in the harness or modules...

It seems weird that everything works when its in open loop. I am bringing my DVOM and I am going to check the TAC module for power, ground and 5v references. After that I don't know.

TIA

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Plenty of information on this topic available on the internet - if you look in the right places.

The Gen 3 DBW LS Trucks that used 1Mb PCMs, also used TAC Modules and electronic Accelerator Pedals (APP), which may be divided into two categories - the early versions from 2003 to 2005 (which are mutually interchangeable), and the later versions from 2006 to 2007 (which are mutually interchangeable).

If you program a 2006 or 2007 DBW 1Mb PCM with a 2004 DBW calibration, then must also switch to the earlier (2003 to 2005) TAC Module and APP.

These parts are typically inexpensive at your local wrecking yard (and readily available). Make certain to also get the short wiring harness that connects the APP to the TAC Module while you are there.
    Thank you for the reply that's kind of what I was worried about, I may try and look around for a 06-07 bin file and rewrite my computer on Monday if I can get everything together. Again thank you so much, im hoping its something as simple as this. Im also planning on reopening up the harness and double checking one particular ground.

Carb and Points!
    Thank again LRT, I pickup up a TAC module and pedal from the wreckers yesterday drove down and installed them. Problem is solved!