Thread: hey guys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am also having an issue my adx will not show me history tables and im ignorant as to how to add that feature
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Honestly, start with a bone stock bin, don't try and guess what you think the engine will need, the engine will tell you when you try to start it.

You'd be amazed at how well a stock bin will get an engine up and running.

The only things I generally do, is disable closed loop right off the bat, and set any scalers that may be drastically different from the original application to the new application, but I generally try to find something close to start with anyway. In your case, I would start with an $8D bin for a 5.7, with the same trans, and only disable closed loop.

When trying to start the engine, you will see if it's getting too much or not enough fuel, spark advance being enough or not, etc.

I find that when someone tries to "guess what an engine wants", they usually don't guess correctly, and then find that they have issues later trying to tune something out, forgetting that something they changed for the start tune.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

thats where this started at and thats the point I have gotten too ....I was told this would never work I made it work maybe not right but I would like to get it a close to perfect as i can...I just went back and looked at the sa tables and they look crazy out there and dont know why at all....I added timing but like 12 degrees across the board...but thank you people for the help I never even caught the simple stuff...I downloaded the super 8d stuff ,is this something I should consider or not ?
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by droptopstng View Post
    ....I was told this would never work
    Yeah, like my Delco ECM running my turbo Nissan engine, or the Crossfire injected SBC with 4L60E in my Grandfather's '71 pick up, running off a late model TBI ECM, along with a few other projects.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    Did you set timing with the bypass line disconnected? It's like pulling the timing spout on a Ford. The engine should be able to run with the bypass disconnected as well. It won't run well, but it will run. I'd start with that, to make sure the distributor is in the right place and to be sure it's all wired correctly.

I did check with the est wire disconected but one thing that is not certain is if the timing marks are right,I am gonna carry a degree wheel with me tonight and check the marks to see if they are close but i will let you know

Even if right or wrong your bin is wrong.

I'm guessing that this is a huge cam by the idle in the 65 MAP area? With that set distributor to 10 degrees bypass wire disconnected, put 10 in distributotr base timing in bin for starters. Don't start till you work on bin

I don't know this mask inside out like others so need to find out what warm spark bias is, all I found was one and it is 20 degrees so everything in your timing table is 20 degrees off unless compenstated for in your XDF. We have found masks with both causing major issues if you don't know! That said you had 35 degrees for idle which is good for big cam idle maybe more! Then drop during accell! But with bias this could be 15 which is fine for a stock cam.

Now hitting 76+ degrees in timing table is not a good thing even with 20 degree bias. Some ADX data stream was showing 96 degree advance so something is wrong. I think the only thing that has saved you and caused you problems at this point is MAX timing was set to 34.

Super 8D XDF and ADX are great files, I've asked JeepsandGuns for the ones he has improved on so we can have a known set to work with. There are a lot of 8D files out there.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-