Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hey guys

Even if right or wrong your bin is wrong.

I'm guessing that this is a huge cam by the idle in the 65 MAP area? With that set distributor to 10 degrees bypass wire disconnected, put 10 in distributotr base timing in bin for starters. Don't start till you work on bin

I don't know this mask inside out like others so need to find out what warm spark bias is, all I found was one and it is 20 degrees so everything in your timing table is 20 degrees off unless compenstated for in your XDF. We have found masks with both causing major issues if you don't know! That said you had 35 degrees for idle which is good for big cam idle maybe more! Then drop during accell! But with bias this could be 15 which is fine for a stock cam.

Now hitting 76+ degrees in timing table is not a good thing even with 20 degree bias. Some ADX data stream was showing 96 degree advance so something is wrong. I think the only thing that has saved you and caused you problems at this point is MAX timing was set to 34.

Super 8D XDF and ADX are great files, I've asked JeepsandGuns for the ones he has improved on so we can have a known set to work with. There are a lot of 8D files out there.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I had some time to look at this again and besides the spark advance issue your VE tables are stock? So how'd you get decent looking BLMs?

Here's the XDF and ADX JeepsandGuns was working on that I was reviewing your bin and data with. They have all the history tabls in there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

absolutely pure luck lol this is why I love this board.....honestly I dont know why it works but it works decent that is what I was saying originally is I didnt understand why it works but it does well at least decently but not great.... i checked the balancer marks and tdc was like 8 degrees off so moved the pointer and reset timing to marks suggested 10 degrees with est bypass disconnected ...but thats all I have done but it didnt seem to change much I am still confused why the timing tables are so up and down and where this thing is getting 90 degrees frombut thats why I am leannin on all of you fine people .....but seriously thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

I'd start with my saved first bin, set "Initial spark advance" to 10 and fire it up. What are the cam specs @.050? What kind of vehicle is it in?

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Even if right or wrong your bin is wrong.

I'm guessing that this is a huge cam by the idle in the 65 MAP area? With that set distributor to 10 degrees bypass wire disconnected, put 10 in distributotr base timing in bin for starters. Don't start till you work on bin

I don't know this mask inside out like others so need to find out what warm spark bias is, all I found was one and it is 20 degrees so everything in your timing table is 20 degrees off unless compenstated for in your XDF. We have found masks with both causing major issues if you don't know! That said you had 35 degrees for idle which is good for big cam idle maybe more! Then drop during accell! But with bias this could be 15 which is fine for a stock cam.

Now hitting 76+ degrees in timing table is not a good thing even with 20 degree bias. Some ADX data stream was showing 96 degree advance so something is wrong. I think the only thing that has saved you and caused you problems at this point is MAX timing was set to 34.

Super 8D XDF and ADX are great files, I've asked JeepsandGuns for the ones he has improved on so we can have a known set to work with. There are a lot of 8D files out there.
    and yes pretty big cam and one other thing I just thought about I have the throttle blades opened a little too far at the minute but not sure that is causing any problems other than a 900 rpm idle
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

, 222°/230° @ .050", .509"/.528" lift, 112° center lobe and its in a 63 chevy truck with a 700r4 and a 9 inch rear on 20" tires with 355 gears and should wieght around 4800 with everything on it

Looking at the picture of motor... I'm guessing it's not stock... so cam specs, injector size, fuel pressure, cubic inch, estimated HP would be enough to get a starter chip!

EDIT: That's not to bad a cam...

-= =-

hahaha funny you say that ...it had a street and perf setup on it and when i gave them the cam specs they went uh that will never work lmao.... its a fast burn 383 crate motor with a ported huge single plane and a progressive secondary 1000cfm throttle body should be making close too 500 at the crank and it is temporarily on stock injectors just trying to get it running but we got a set of 36lbs waiting to go in and fuel is at 44
    Last edited by droptopstng; 07-31-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Here's a starter bin if you promise to check actual timing at timing marks and NO WOT!!!! Because you don't have near enough fuel. Should run and drive OK out of the box... 750 idle when warm, adjust throttle blades so there is a little IAC count when warm, check TPS voltage when done.

-= =-

To get idle fueling in check, you may need to do what I've done on a friends car, forced less fuel to get idle down.

I did this this by reducing fuel, more than you would think at the area it wanted to idle at, which was like 900 RPM and 70 Kpa idle, so at the corresponding RPM and MAP I reduced fuel, even though it was already pretty decent on the WB, this forced idle to come down a bit, and kept reducing the cells to get idle stable, and in line. I eventually got idle down to around 600 RPM, but have since had to raise it to about 850 RPM, due to large intake runners and TBI, where fuel would come out of suspension, and sit in the intake, a quick rev would hang idle, until all excess fuel was burned off, then idle would return to normal. Raising idle also helped with a slight stumble coming off idle, when stabbed to WOT.

Don't worry about changing SA yet, get VE table close, before trying to add SA. Before adjusting SA table, verify crank timing, and that changes to SA table are seen at the crank with proper corresponding changes, use idle and say 1500 RPM to verify. Check timing mark against actual cylinder events, basically verify TDC.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

guys thanks so much yall are more help than you know........if I can ever help any of you out with anything please let me know

guys thank you so much for all the help I have been fighting trying to get the adx to work but finally figured that out and actually got a log tonight for a few mins anyways and wanted to see if anyone could take a peek at it...thanks in advance and i did find timing issue and got it corrected........balancer tape in wrong spot go figure
    Attached Files Attached Files

Something is still wrong with data? Some looks right, some maybe and lots just not there. But you also have a code 51 prom error too...

-= =-

not sure what could be the problem but as for theeprom error im using and ostrich 2.0 should i be setting checksum to AA and as for the data do you have any ideas what could be causing it because i do not have a clue

thanks by the way
    Last edited by droptopstng; 08-10-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: ty