Thread: Greetings from a flathead garage !

Carb and Points!

Greetings from a flathead garage !

I love the old cars and trucks pulled around by flathead motors. Parked around me are a 1940 Packard straight-six flathead coupe, a 1953 Packard straight-eight flathead 4-door sedan, a 1947 Packard straight-eight flathead 8-passenger sedan, a 1952 Dodge straight-six 1/2-ton pickup; and a 1940 Dodge 1/2-ton pickup and 1940-something International K-series 3/4-ton pickup, both originally with flathead sixes, but now set up with Mercedes diesel motors. I want to turbocharge everything! (The 5-cylinder Mercedes diesel in the International came turbocharged.)
    The challenge to solve with turbocharging them is how to accomplish the fuel induction. I was struck by how feasible it appears to convert them to EFI at the same time as setting up the turbocharger. Has anyone tried to do this?

One EFI option that might be worth considering is a Dynamic EFI system. The nuts and bolts of the Dynamic EFI system are from common and well supported GM EFI system. The Dynamic EFI System "Turbocharges" the GM computer electronics with a "Daughter Board" providing many features and options for custom EFI systems. All Dynamic EFI Systems are out of the box ready for Turbocharged engines using either a 2 Bar or 3 Bar MAP sensor.

Basic Overview of Dynamic EFI System options: https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Choice.php

dave w