Thread: Finally getting started on tuning, looking for some advice

Fuel Injected!

Finally getting started on tuning, looking for some advice

Finally getting around to tuning my 95 k1500. I put a 355 (357 I guess technically since it's a 350 bored .040 over) ATK short block in with summit vortec heads and a 14097395 marine cam. I ordered a bored out throttle body and got a set of Standard TJ11 injectors which are suppose to be for the 88-90 big blocks and got an 18psi regulator spring. Got a burn2, aldl cable, ECM adapter, and a few chips from moates which have been working fantastic. Also went ahead and got an AEM wideband and set everything up to datalog with it thanks to all the info on here. Running the 16197427 ECM and $0D mask. Before tuning I disabled EGR as I don't have it, disabled PE, disabled DFCO, and put in a stock vortec timing table (did raise the timing slightly up to around 8 degrees in the higher MAP/lower rpm area. I have been tuning on the truck for a little while and am trying to figure out a few things. First is my idle is a little rough, is this normal for this cam? Anybody with experience with it? It's not terrible by any means I was just expecting it to be a little more smooth not being a very aggressive cam. Another question I have is I was going to adjust my transmission tables before tuning and found the bluecat trans table link and put all that info in and it populated the table but I can't figure out exactly which table I should put those values in on my BIN file. I don't want to ask a million questions right off the bat so I'm just going to attach my BIN and XDF file I'm using and a couple logs/questions if anybody has time to look at them/answer my questions and let me know if they see anything I'm doing wrong or should be doing it would be much appreciated. I have noticed I am running out of fuel at times in the upper MAP ranges but also know I don't have PE on so I'm sure that's probably part of it. Also at times it seems like maybe the AE doesn't kick in fast enough, I just see the integrator climb and the a/f climb and wait for the flag to show me AE is active and it's like it takes too long to kick in. is there a good way to tune AE? Also it seems like at times on deceleration, say accelerating heavily up a hill then immediately going back down the hill the engine is running lean. I can add fuel in this range but then at other times if I've added fuel to prevent that if I only partially accelerate up the hill then go downhill it will be too much fuel, very confusing to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files