Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory tune shift oddity

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, ill try again in a few hours have a few errands to run and hopefully i can do it before work. Thank you again for your help and patience.

Fuel Injected!
    Did you get a chance to try it yet?
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    I have flashed it to the spare ecm and it went well, but i have not gotten to put it into the truck as of yet. I work an odd schedule and my daughter drives it to work, and i leave for work before she gets home. Im going to try to swap it out tonight when i get home, its been rainy all weekhere and im afraid of melting lol. Sorry for the delay

Fuel Injected!
    oh, it doesn't show anyone downloaded the latest file I did for you yet is why I was curious.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Bloody hell, you are right. I wonder what the hell i flashed to the ecm then... ill reflash on lunch break since i happen to have my bench setup with me. Working between 70 and 8 hours a week gets things confusing lol

Fuel Injected!
    Well it starts runs and drives on the last file you posted. And it seems to shift a bit better. It usually takes a few drive cycles to even out so i will update in a day or so. Thank you again.

Fuel Injected!
    Progress :) Yes, it takes quite a few drive cycles for the adaptives to "sync". Drive it normal and aggressive, also with the tow/haul mode active. What I did isn't super aggressive, kind of a rv shift kit. I also altered the 2-1 shifting since the factory has it lug in 2nd unless you wood it. Post back when you can.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Well it seems to be shifting like it should have been all along. The odd part is, it shifts almost identical to my 06 tahoe now... which is stone stock minus an airaid intake pipe.
    Now why would two vehicles both 2006s both 5.3s 4l60e and 3.42 gears with the same tire height be programmed to shift so dramatically different from the factory?

Electronic Ignition!
    Question, do Ya'll have an XDF for the 7811? I have not been able to find one, but it would definitely be handy. Been told to try the 7603 but I can't seem to disable the VATS with it using 3 different tuner apps.

Fuel Injected!
    No i dont have one for 7811. Would be nice though, to see the difference between an LM7 tune and an L33 tune. Would love to enable flex on my L33 truck and swap in flex injectors with the current fuel prices ya know.

Electronic Ignition!
    I think I'll end up making my own. Might be a while since I've never done it and been kinda busy lately. Will probably start with a Universal Patcher XDF and build from there.