Thread: Hey there from Downriver Detroit

Carb and Points!

Hey there from Downriver Detroit

Seems like this is the last solid place still around that has a good amount of GM p01/0411 bins. I have a beater 00 s10 4.3l nv3500 4x4 that has seen better days but it was cheap and so far has been fairly reliable after investing countless hours replacing nearly all of the wear components, ripping out the np233 electronic controls in favor of a manual lever, etc. Now I'm moving onto swapping the black box for a 0411 I pulled from a 02 express van for $10 last month. Started yesterday and found out the hard way that it's worth finding someone that will make you a bespoke pinswap spreadsheet, but fixing the mess I've made isn't too big of a deal just gotta trace out the wires and fix everything that got mixed up. Hopefully I'll have it running within the next day or two so I can start playing around with tuning for the first time ever. Currently the PCM is flashed with a random "2001 Chevy S-10 L35 4.3L 4L60E (12202088)" bin I found and disabled vats on, but now that I have access to the forums I'll probably flash on something from a 5 speed 4wd s10 to eliminate any possible issues.

Thanks again for approving my account!

S10 4.3 / 5 speed .bin attached

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Awesome, I really appreciate the file. Spent the previous 3 hours tediously checking each wire using a full diagram and comparing it to a 2001 s10 pcm pinout, turns out I had put nearly 2/3rds of the pins in the wrong spots... Now I'm down to just 4 extra wires and it fired right up on the file I mentioned in the OP. Now comes the fun of figuring out why it's constantly misfiring, why the speedo is flopping about all on it's own and, eventually, get the tach working again. A quick datalog showed that the pcm can see the rpm, so I'm guessing its one of the 'extra' wires that I gotta find a home for. THat any my o2 sensors were't cycling any more than approx 0.01-0.05v. I'm going to poke around in the bin you posted and get it flashed asap. Thanks again!!

I'm not sure about 2001, but 2002 used both Case Grounded O2 sensors and Isolated O2 Sensors.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images