Thread: Hello From the Racing capital of the world!

Carb and Points!

Cool Hello From the Racing capital of the world!

Hi! my names danny, im 18 and just about out of highschool. I bought a near mint 1994 M6 Z28 for my first car and absolutely love it. Over the last two years that i've had the car i've modified it with the limited budget of a teenager to the best of my ability. Rocker arms, headers , new fuel pump , regulator , Msd Pro-billet distributor , hurst short throw shifter, Etc. Now im finally to the stage where im tuning it myself, i have a cable, all the software and have made some of my own tunes using others recommendations and lots of trial and error. Now im seeking some more assistance if possible, and overall more knowledge about tuning so i can kick some ass on the highways.

Have looked at $EEHack for tuning options? http://fbodytech.com/eehack-2/

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Yep! i use tunerpro , EEhack and flashhack (for flashing only). so far ive managed to make some power gains on the low end but im starting to get some problems higher up around 3500-4500 rpm. Just adding a degree of timing to the Stock map for ignition timing seems to cause me to have up to 15000-22000 counts of knock, I do have headers , they do touch a bit underneath the car around the transmission so im trying to figure out if its a false knock or real. When i run a safe tune with stock timing very minimal counts of knock show up, but once i add a degree in the 3500-4500 region at 70-100 TPS those knock counts skyrocket. im also not sure if its possible that with the increased timing its becoming louder and then also trying to count that as knock.