Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New LS1 Tuning Tool [Universal Patcher]

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    Try with this one.

Looks like it is affected only when a tinytuner database is used.

If the v6 os is not in Tinituner db import works fine.
    Fixed in 0.21.10

Fuel Injected!
    I have the newest version and now Im trying to dive into the logger and histograms. Here’s a couple issues im having so far that maybe can be looked into.

1 - What looks to be a math pid load(from rpm and maf) for cylinder air mass doesn’t seem to be working. Also when I attempt to create my own math pid it won’t log anything either and sometime the log file all together has nothing in it. I’m wanting to create a historgram on knock and need cylinder air mass and also need to combine my fuel trims to get the average for ve and maf tables as well by creating a math pid for that. Also is there possibly a way to take the logs and do the math after the log is loaded into universal patcher? That would also work.

2- Trying look at the histrogram for mass air flow calibration and there is no table there. The table is only 2 cells wide anyway so that is possibly affecting that.

Thanks!
    Last edited by brandongarnold02; 12-06-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I love the new tables that have been added. I have actually done several calibrations with the editing feature and segment swapper.

I have run across another small item that would benefit the early P59 Trailblazer guys or anyone that wants to run an electronically controlled clutch fan, the EV Fan setting.

One project I am about to work on myself is the EV Fan clutch control on the P59s. I have found the pinouts for the clutch and matching relay used on the 2003 Trailblazer 5.3L. The solid state PWM control relay ties into the normal Fan1 output. The feedback RPM signal goes into the P59 on C2-30 pin. I noticed two different duty cycle tables decoded. The last missing piece is the table that allows the PWM% to be set in relation to coolant temperature does not seem to be defined. I currently have the EV Clutch under control from a standard relay by supplying 12V power to it when desired for added cooling. PCM activates the relay activating the fan clutch to 100% coupling. I am hoping I can make the PWM and Feedback system operate as GM intended it to. This should allow the clutch to progressively couple and decouple as cooling demands change allowing for quieter fan operating and less power draw. Looking forward to experimenting with it.

Kur4o any chance you saw this table in your decoding or others pertaining to the EV Clutch fan and could easily add it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-08-2022 at 11:39 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Fan settings are not well covered for sure. I will look into this next, adding more support for it. There is even more dc% tables for different conditions.

Fuel Injected!
    Fan settings are not well covered for sure. I will look into this next, adding more support for it. There is even more dc% tables for different conditions.
    I saw the two you already had defined. I figured there might even be more of them. Hopefully some that are active with the a/c so that I can bring the fan on with the a/c at idle and low speeds. HP Tuners just defined the ECT vs DC% in the 5.3L Trailblazer tune and let it ride.

As always thank you!
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-09-2022 at 12:25 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I did some disassembly investigation, and the EV_fan code is only available on 04-05 application. Looks like gm drop the code on 2006+ since they moved to e40 on that ev platform.

Fuel Injected!
    I did some disassembly investigation, and the EV_fan code is only available on 04-05 application. Looks like gm drop the code on 2006+ since they moved to e40 on that ev platform.
    I have 2003 MY application sitting right in front of me in the stock GM calibration. It may very well have gone away after 2005 MY since GM did go to E40 after 05.

My operating system is 2005.

Fuel Injected!
    Some small updates to fan settings and misfire tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Some small updates to fan settings and misfire tables.
    I was hoping to see the table for Fan 1 on with AC on coolant temp setting but I still don’t believe it’s in there. That for me is a key one to getting electric fans to work with AC at idle and lower speed.

Quote Originally Posted by brandongarnold02 View Post
    I was hoping to see the table for Fan 1 on with AC on coolant temp setting but I still don’t believe it’s in there. That for me is a key one to getting electric fans to work with AC at idle and lower speed.
    What OS are you using? In the 7603 there is "G0903 - Fan #1 Turn-on Coolant Temp with A/C on" located at 0x1FA5C. Is this what you are looking for?

I'm attaching the latest XDF I have for 7603. Don't forget to copy the *.dll file to your Tunerpro "Plugins" folder to make sure your checksums are properly calculated.
    Last edited by Pulse_GTO; 12-18-2022 at 02:36 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    What OS are you using? In the 7603 there is "G0903 - Fan #1 Turn-on Coolant Temp with A/C on" located at 0x1FA5C. Is this what you are looking for?

I'm attaching the latest XDF I have for 7603. Don't forget to copy the *.dll file to your Tunerpro "Plugins" folder to make sure your checksums are properly calculated.
    Yeah that’s the one I’m looking for. I used an XDF to change this already but was hoping it could be added to the tableseek so an XDF wouldn’t be needed. Thanks!

Yeah that’s the one I’m looking for. I used an XDF to change this already but was hoping it could be added to the tableseek so an XDF wouldn’t be needed. Thanks!
    I think one is able to impot an xdf.

Fuel Injected!
    Try now, it should be labelled

ECT_Fan1_AC_On_Threshold

Carb and Points!
    How do you turn on fans? Also when trying to export xdf and the. Open in tunerpro I get an error that says attribute values must be enclosed in quotes

Fuel Injected!
    Try now, it should be labelled

ECT_Fan1_AC_On_Threshold
    That’s awesome! Thanks.