Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New LS1 Tuning Tool [Universal Patcher]

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purespl View Post
    How do you turn on fans? Also when trying to export xdf and the. Open in tunerpro I get an error that says attribute values must be enclosed in quotes

What operating system are you working with? With this tableseek that was just put out you should be able to enable all settings in universal patcher and not even need to mess with TunerPro.

Carb and Points!
    The current one I am doing is 12587603. The only reason I wanted to use tunerpro is because I am very new to tuning and get really lost but am good at following directions. I could only find videos on YouTube that tell me how to remove vats and delete smog stuff using universal patcher but nothing explaining things like turning fans on or removing speed limiters. If you can recommend any literature that will help my understanding somewhat I would greatly appreciate it I just don't wanna have to bother you guys for every question that arrives.

Fuel Injected!
    That’s understandable. I’m wondering if the video you saw was mine. Here is a link to the 7603 xdf file that I mostly use with tuner pro. I plan on getting more informative videos out.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...7603-XDF-files
    Last edited by brandongarnold02; 12-20-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandongarnold02 View Post
    I have the newest version and now Im trying to dive into the logger and histograms. Here’s a couple issues im having so far that maybe can be looked into.

1 - What looks to be a math pid load(from rpm and maf) for cylinder air mass doesn’t seem to be working. Also when I attempt to create my own math pid it won’t log anything either and sometime the log file all together has nothing in it. I’m wanting to create a historgram on knock and need cylinder air mass and also need to combine my fuel trims to get the average for ve and maf tables as well by creating a math pid for that. Also is there possibly a way to take the logs and do the math after the log is loaded into universal patcher? That would also work.

2- Trying look at the histrogram for mass air flow calibration and there is no table there. The table is only 2 cells wide anyway so that is possibly affecting that.

Thanks!
    Fixed in version 0.21.12

Carb and Points!
    That’s understandable. I’m wondering if the video you saw was mine. Here is a link to the 7603 xdf file that I mostly use with tuner pro. I plan on getting more informative videos out.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...7603-XDF-files
    Thank you

Carb and Points!
    Ok one more quick question lol I figured out fans and some other tuning things but I am having an issue with the vats. I went into vyd menu and 2 menus popped up. I disabled vats in first menu and then went to utilities and applied vats patch to disable. I then used pcm hammer to re calibrate and everything went well with no errors but qhen I I stal computer in vehicle it starts very quickly but turns off like if vats is still enabled. I went back into pcm hammer and did full read to see if setting saved and its still showing disabled on bin file. Was I suppose to do something on second vtd file or am I missing a step somewhere?

Fuel Injected!
    To disable VATS

write in the filter box

VTD_Configuration

find the table and set it to none -> save, than you are good to go.

To rule out vats kicks in you can read dtc goto->utilities->logger->set device->connect-> and read codes.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    To disable VATS

write in the filter box

VTD_Configuration

find the table and set it to none -> save, than you are good to go.

To rule out vats kicks in you can read dtc goto->utilities->logger->set device->connect-> and read codes.
    I figured it out. Everything was good but I had a bad tac module for pedal. Replaced it and now its firing nicely. Thanx for reply

Fuel Injected!
    Hello, do you have a write up on how to take my P01 BIN and create an XDF for it? I have a 2000 LM7 4x4 auto and have pulled my BIN with PC Hammer. I do not know or understand how to create an XDF from that BIN to then make modifications such as removing everything needed for EGR delete as well as adding in duel electric fans.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purespl View Post
    The current one I am doing is 12587603. The only reason I wanted to use tunerpro is because I am very new to tuning and get really lost but am good at following directions. I could only find videos on YouTube that tell me how to remove vats and delete smog stuff using universal patcher but nothing explaining things like turning fans on or removing speed limiters. If you can recommend any literature that will help my understanding somewhat I would greatly appreciate it I just don't wanna have to bother you guys for every question that arrives.
    Did you figure all this out? I'm first trying to learn how to take my P01 BIN and create an XDF for it. I have a 2000 LM7 4x4 auto and have pulled my BIN with PC Hammer but cannot find a matching XDF out anywhere on the web. I do not know or understand how to create an XDF from that BIN to then make the following modifications:
    1) Remove all parameters needed for EGR delete
    2) Add-in OEM duel electric fans.

Fuel Injected!
    What operating system are you working with? With this tableseek that was just put out you should be able to enable all settings in universal patcher and not even need to mess with TunerPro.
    Do you have a write-up for any of this? I'm first trying to learn how to take my P01 BIN and create an XDF for it. I have a 2000 LM7 4x4 auto and have pulled my BIN with PC Hammer but cannot find a matching XDF out anywhere on the web so I guess I need to create my own but don't know how. I then need to make the following modifications:

I do not know how to do either!

The 7603 OS is highly documented and theere are at least 3 good .xdf's and .adf's that work with tuner pro
    Why recreated the wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBrink View Post
    Do you have a write-up for any of this? I'm first trying to learn how to take my P01 BIN and create an XDF for it. I have a 2000 LM7 4x4 auto and have pulled my BIN with PC Hammer but cannot find a matching XDF out anywhere on the web so I guess I need to create my own but don't know how. I then need to make the following modifications:

I do not know how to do either!
    Last edited by trlrider; 01-20-2023 at 07:31 PM.
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.
    Geronimo, Guadalupe County, Texas
    1993 K1500 Suburban - SBC Refit retraining the TBI and Computer Control.
    2004 Z66 Avalanche 5;3 to 6.0 LQ9 upgrade - project pending

Fuel Injected!
    Currently egr parameters are not added to tableseek, due to, most engines from factory don`t have an egr fitted. On a future update I will add at least the egr switch.

For fan settings, you need some working template to copy existing parameters. setting them without it will be really hard.

Get a 2000 camaro bin and copy the fan settings from it, and you are good to go.

You can find fan settings by entering fan in the filter box, that it just like tuning with tunerpro->edit tables value and save bin.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by trlrider View Post
    The 7603 OS is highly documented and theere are at least 3 good .xdf's and .adf's that work with tuner pro
    Why recreated the wheel!
    My OS is 12205612. It's drive by cable. If someone has an XDF already that would be great! I need to delete EGR and turn on eFans.

This is a great tool, thanks to all that developed it. I've read and adjusted some friends P01s and my P59 with it.
    I have a TunerPro parameter in my 7603 xdf that isn't there (or I can't find it) in Universal Patcher, It is for IAC steps when the cooling fans come on.
    B4301 Fan #1 IAC correction
    B4302 Fan #2 IAC correction
    Can that be added to UP please?
    Thanks
    68 Cadillac, 472 & TH400 w/7.4L TBI and EBL **sold**

93 K1500 short step, 5.7 & NV4500 and EBL

68 C10 LQ4/TKO swapped