Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man with hammer needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinger View Post
    I tried - it didn't work.
    Tried all the ADX files but couldn't 'connect'. 'No hardware found', 'not emulating' - that sort of thing. Presumably I have unsuitable cables.
    Did you configure your COM Ports correctly? Also, there's a place where you configure your plug-in component. I had that when I started out. With your cable connected to your laptop go to the "Tools" tab, then "Preferences", then "Data Acq./Emulation", click on "Configure Plug-in Component" on the left side box. Then select "Standard Serial" and your Port #
    TunerPro Configuration.JPG

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Did you configure your COM Ports correctly? Also, there's a place where you configure your plug-in component. I had that when I started out. With your cable connected to your laptop go to the "Tools" tab, then "Preferences", then "Data Acq./Emulation", click on "Configure Plug-in Component" on the left side box. Then select "Standard Serial" and your Port #
    Job for tomorrow....
    Will the laptop be looking for just the cable? Will I see success without the laptop and cable having to be hooked up to the truck?
    Last edited by Pinger; 03-15-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Job for tomorrow....
    Will the laptop be looking for just the cable? Will I see success without the laptop and cable having to be hooked up to the truck?
    It should - mine does anyway running Windows 10

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Did the configuration thing and, dug into Windows and found that my cable was connected to the same port as TP showed (COM 6) and was being recognised but still no connection.
    I thought I had it but when I unplugged the laptop from the mains to take to the truck it vanished. I may be mistaken about that. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Pinger; 03-16-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Did the configuration thing and, dug into Windows and found that my cable was connected to the same port as TP showed (COM 6) and was being recognised but still no connection.
    I thought I had it but when I unplugged the laptop from the mains to take to the truck it vanished. I may be mistaken about that. I'll try again tomorrow.
    I had that happen once after I don't know how many times I went on line with the ECM. All I had to do was hook it all up and re-configure the COM Port on my laptop. When the cable is disconnected from my laptop the COM Port goes away in the Device Mgr. But usually it shows back up when I plug it back in - except that one time. It's a new "feature" with Window 10,

Administrator
    I am using an older OS. I occasionally need to delete a pile of com ports created each time I connect my USB cable.