Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.7 TBI , been here done even 383 19mpg 13.2 w/1619747...easy... 1227747 I'M Stumped

Fuel Injected!
    I found the ECM in my shop from the TBI 305 and TH400 87 G20 van. It was AMUN. The AMUN has the correct settings for a TH400 kickdown with a 3.08 rear gear.

Fuel Injected!
    fast, the plan right now is to get the truck running. after the dyno sheet you saw last summer i bolted it into my truck and had issues getting oil to the top end. while the block had roller provisions there was a weird counterbore drill in the top of the lifter bores about 1/8" deep below the valley. this was bleeding off oil to top end when lifters reached max lift, and unfortunately was missed by myself and 2 machine shops. machine shop did me a solid and rebuilt motor and only charged me for assembly and gaskets.

I will be running the under-plug log manifolds (got dorman p/n from Brzezinski Racing) for now. down the road I was thinking about dougs tri-y's. I bought flowmaster 2.5" dual exhaust system w/ H pipe and ditched the flowmaster mufflers for 24" magnaflows that will be getting installed with new motor. I had a 1800 stall Edge converter but it had vibration problems. after fighting with andre for months he finally gave a refund. going to get a similar stall from circle D that is on order. converter was recommended by dana @ probuilt.

I have been on the lookout for that marine manifold, the one I have currently is the low rise where the carb mounting pad is basically flush with the top of the runners. sbc stuff is getting sparse where I live and expensive. If you see a manifold for sale let me know! thank you for cam specs, i will consider upgrading once I drive the thing for a while. what's the best way to get ahold of you fast? i tried emailing a while ago but never got a reply.

sorry again for offtopic.
    Last edited by tayto; 03-19-2021 at 01:41 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    So after talking with the localm trans pats shop I've dealt with before ( 2myself, THEN the serta with pistons in backwards.. yay!) they dissapointedly dogged the trans but explained operation, well mechanically anyways. everything on the actual trans tested ok but I replaced the modulator even though it passed leak and vacuum testing. S0 I just let my datastream tell me the TCC is ENGAGED with brake on,always in high gear , but shifts 1-2-3 fine but being unplugged doesn't kickdown, which is ok for few days till another break in oil change and final tweak. As far as that coding....I'm still miffed with all the problems I had with the truck, v6 or v8 shouldnt matter. New fuel pump after all I could get was 9, so I put the adjustable regulator from my old hogged out 454 setup.....13psi. SAD. At this point dont know if it is real knock or a small gremlin with a hammer on either the tranny bolt or the thrust bearing. Back to trans.... so is it my understanding that enable criteria is it's always passing fluid. tcc commands whats actually kickdown sol then fluid locks the band to downshift. So I really dont care I'll bypass it n make it work to whatever I want it to by mecanical relay ground switch like old chevelle's, OR can I get this damn TPS that already there do it for me in code? If so where is the adresses and how?

Electronic Ignition!
    Sso as i said earlier to ya it's been awhile but I either don't have the right mask or something. Tunerpro's changed so much i'm not sure which one I should be running. I probably wont do a whole buncha datalogging since i know what it is other than the tranny issue and minus the vortechs but I just thought I'd start with less timing n fatter till it smells good and pulls. He'll be happy, besides he dont want wideband n hrs n hrs. The AMUN is the 305 wich is way too lean for this ( wich is why i was looking for the volume scalar?)so all I found was the CAL emmisions which makes me laugh it hasn't an air pump n a tiny cat but throws no codes, but might be ESC dissables cat temp and test. I have the 28 pin soldered in so I could log n add egr if i see knbock and if it doesnt changed I got bigger issues than detonation......yay

Electronic Ignition!
    and did it happen to take out the ecm drivers? I've since rewired but it's done something i'll call bad. and I dont feel like diaging whether it's ECM,or ESC . I'm almost fixing to convert it to run updated ignition and get away with that $$ obsolete ESC. Cranks and runs fine but has no power which i assume is timing over the 450. WHAT HEI !!!!! use the pickup for the injectors... sweet . $58