Thread: Hello from Texas

Carb and Points!

Hello from Texas

Hi, I'm Andrew, and I live in Houston. Been wrenching on cars and trucks since about 1995.
    Did a v8 swap in 1991 Camaro back around 2003. Went with tuned port injection and had to do some tuning to get it to work right.
    Recently bought a 2004 Silverado 2500 with an LQ4 in it. Thinking about swapping in electric fans to free some horsepower.
    I'm learning lots of new things about car electronics, but I'm finding it more difficult to have free time to work on anything.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Well I would like to piggie back on this thread. I have a '05 2500 LQ4 with man transmisson. Im wondering which PCM number is in it? Or is there an easy way to find it without taking the PCM out? Its my DD, so unless its an easy dismantle, its not coming out. I would like to get a spare PCM to play on, that way I dont brick my factory one.

Welcome to the group!
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.
    Geronimo, Guadalupe County, Texas
    1993 K1500 Suburban - SBC Refit retraining the TBI and Computer Control.
    2004 Z66 Avalanche 5;3 to 6.0 LQ9 upgrade - project pending

Quote Originally Posted by R_Me View Post
    Well I would like to piggie back on this thread. I have a '05 2500 LQ4 with man transmisson. Im wondering which PCM number is in it? Or is there an easy way to find it without taking the PCM out? Its my DD, so unless its an easy dismantle, its not coming out. I would like to get a spare PCM to play on, that way I dont brick my factory one.
    It takes 5 minutes or less to pull the ECM from a 2005, it is located in the drivers side front corner of the engine compartment. They can be read in the truck with a OBD Pro VT or OBDLink LX/MX with LSDroid, PCMHammer or LSDroid for Windows. Writing back to the ECM in a factory vehicle is not recommended due to other vehicle components on the CAN Line.
    There are plenty of threads to build a reliable bench harness.
    I have picked up a few ECM's, both PO1 and P59 from the local u-pull-it type yards for about $29/ea.
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.
    Geronimo, Guadalupe County, Texas
    1993 K1500 Suburban - SBC Refit retraining the TBI and Computer Control.
    2004 Z66 Avalanche 5;3 to 6.0 LQ9 upgrade - project pending

Carb and Points!
    Ecm.jpg
    Earlier today I had to drain the water from my truck and replace it with coolant since I didn't put coolant in after I swapped my motor. So I took a picture of the ECM while I was under the hood.