Thread: PE - Enable vs Tps

Fuel Injected!

PE - Enable vs Tps

So I was looking at things that are different between my original bin and the 1 mark has tuned for me. I see the pe-enable vs tps on the stock bin is not the same as the tuned bin. Can someone explain what this setting does? 7747 ecm $42 tbi

Power Enrichement, same as a power valve on a carb, it add's fuel to change AFR from 14.7 to 1 to desired AFR using BLM reading before entering. There is also a seperate table for the spark and AFR as well as TPS% when it enters.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    ok so is sa-pe spark added the other table you are talking about? so why is the added spark table all the same at 3.16? why not more progressive.
    as far as pe-enable what would be a tuning strategy? how would i know whats to much or not enough?

I think I set yours up at 50% so at 50% throttle it enters PE. Reason spark is all the same is because I'm not there... and your logs showed no knock that way!

If your going to start playing with PE spark, which you really don't need on a tow rig plow truck, then understand a couple other SA paremeters:
    1. SA - Max RPM for Spark Slope(strts 3600)
    " Max RPM used in the spark slope calculation. This is
    maximum value at which additional slope spark will
    be calculated to. Once this value is reached (you
    have it floored, right)?, the slope increase will
    be held at this value."
    2. SA - Spark Slope-Deg/1K Rpm
    "Slope in degrees per 1K rpm. This is the rate that
    additional SA will be added."

See there is already spark advance being added without PE just because or RPM... there's no way to reach these RPM without being in PE.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    since your not here and i intend to tune another tbi engine i need to learn more about how you did what ya did! so the current truck is all i can test on for now. not all parameters in tunerpro have a definition explaining them. since the ve tables are good the next things to mess with is ae and sa. also id like to squeeze out as much milage as i can ya know. how much ae is to much?

AE Aceleration Enrichment is your accelerator pump. If you have no bog (to much = rich) or pop (to little = lean) it is fine, to much can really throw a rich AFR at O2 sensor and mess things up. Usually AE is fine after VE tables are set, unless you have a lumpy cam then AE needs lots of work. If you have no drivability issues leave it alone, it's hard to get right without WideBand O2 sensor...

PE spark is like all spark, once you find knock then back out at least 2 degrees till it's gone.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    ya i got a wideband and im always watching it!!! maybe to much at times!!! is it normal for the wb to go 11-12 when letting off throttle then max lean at 18 then slowly creep down to 14-15 if the coasting continues. at any point i push throttle some to start increasing speed it goes 14-15. now if i push pedal slightly like just to maintain speed (say 55mph) it will cruze steady at 16-17. lately its been running 11.-11.5 at wot. temps here been in 90's so maybe thats why?
    i use the bin you last sent me as my base for testing. when things get to far out of wack i go back to yours. i like to change things to learn what effects they have. its tough with so many things having overlapping affects on other things. still the rough idle baffles me. i advanced the idle timing to 30* up from 28*. idle not any better. changed timing to 24* down from the 30* and idle is noticably better. so leaving it there for now. i did add more ae as i had a slight stumble around 1400-1500 area in drive. thats better as well. not sure where im going with this thread but this is what ive been doing

Sounds like your learning!

All the WB readings sound right, except the 55 MPH cruise unless you enabled the Highway Lean Cruise I had on that chip, then that would be normal as well.

Remember these are wet intakes, before trying to get a steady idle have vehicle totally warmed up and take for a drive, or WOT blast as I do, then work on idle. This cleans out wet areas of the intake. If taking out 2 degrees helepd try another 2 degrees.

AE needs to be snuck up on, it is easy to fix the lean tip in and go right past it to rich WB then a surge as BLM INT are all messed up.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    ok so low ae is a direct cause of lean tip in? Is also safe to say if timing has been retarded at any area that would cause a more rich mixture, so more advance directly causes more lean condition? so when messing with timing i should do a log like we did before and check the blms? I do have the lean cruse patch enabled so then its ok to run 16-17 on wb...

Your getting the hang of it. Just turn off lean cruise when doing all this, it messes with BLM readings and if your way off and it goes Hiway Lean Cruise you could be Hiway LEAN melt... Lean cruise is the last thing you want to enable after a perfect tune.

-= =-