Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    D0701 has 20 different addresses associated with the shift table normal psi table. Is this normal? I also notice some tables aren't in some bins. For example, vats seems to be in all bins, but vats mhz hi and mhz low tables are only in some bins.

Also D0910 isnt found in some bins, is that a result of the xdf not referencing it? Also in universal patcher all tables appear different than in tuner pro I am doing it wrong or is that how it is.
    What you are seeing with D0701 is the differences tool. This will list every address that is different. The D0701 table has an address range of 0x16EC4 to 0x16F89. If you look at the attached picture you will see how at the bottom of the table it shows the address of the individual cell I selected.
    D0701.JPG

Universal Patcher is defining the table differently. They have 3 separate tables for D0701, but the data is the same.

If you don't see a table in a bin, chances are that it has not been defined by the xdf you are using.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you that makes sense

Fuel Injected!

New Error Message

Can any one offer a solution to that message. Laptop got unplugged and turned off in the middle of a file compare in universal patcher. Thankfully it wasn't writing to car at the time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!

Fixed

FYI, it was just a corrupted file, downloaded another copy of universal patcher, all fixed.

Fuel Injected!

trying to log in universal patcher

I have only one id loaded to start off simple.
    it initializes the hardware says connected then i get this error

Unable to transmit, Error: 6C FE F0 20
    Unable to set bus quiet

I searched on that error but didnt find much, any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    It looks like a bug. Can you share the exact steps you are doing[from opening the looger -till the point of error].

Just in case the sequence can be
    settings->configure device->connect
    profile tab->select some test pids for logging->start logging button[top left]
    log tab-> the pids should update now if all is good.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    It looks like a bug. Can you share the exact steps you are doing[from opening the looger -till the point of error].

Just in case the sequence can be
    settings->configure device->connect
    profile tab->select some test pids for logging->start logging button[top left]
    log tab-> the pids should update now if all is good.
    followed the 3 steps above, this is the log.

Reading Platform config: p01-p59-platform.xml [OK]
    Loading file: p01-p59.xml [OK]
    Not connected - adding pids without testing compatibility
    Connecting (VPW)...
    Device Found: OBDX Pro VT
    Device Successfully Initialized and Ready
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-34.33.csv
    Unable to set bus quiet
    Reading Platform config: p01-p59-platform.xml [OK]
    Loading file: p01-p59.xml [OK]
    No profile configured
    Engine Load: 0 %
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-35.20.csv
    Pid setup...
    Requesting pids...
    Logging started
    Stopping, wait...
    Logging stopped
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-35.49.csv
    Pid setup...
    Requesting pids...
    Logging started
    Unable to transmit, Error: 6C 10 F0 22 00 06 01
    Long Term FT Left Bank: 17.96875 %
    Unable to transmit, Error: 6C 10 F0 22 00 0B 01
    Stopping, wait...
    Logging stopped
    Unable to set bus quiet
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-36.59.csv
    Unable to transmit, Error: 8C FE F0 20
    No respond to Query devices message
    Connecting (VPW)...
    Device Found: OBDX Pro VT
    Device Successfully Initialized and Ready
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-37.29.csv
    Unable to set bus quiet
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-37.43.csv
    Pid setup...
    Requesting pids...
    Logging started
    Unable to transmit, Error: 6C 10 F0 22 00 0C 01
    Unable to transmit, Error: 6C 10 F0 22 00 04 01
    Unable to transmit, Error: 6C 10 F0 22 00 0B 01
    Stopping, wait...
    Logging stopped
    Unable to transmit, odd response from device: 6C FE F0 20
    Unable to set bus quiet
    Unable to transmit, odd response from device: 6C FE F0 20
    Unable to set bus quiet
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-39.36.csv
    Unable to set bus quiet
    Fueling Mode: 2 Raw
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-40.39.csv
    Unable to set bus quiet
    IAT Sensor: 50 °C
    Writing to logfile: C:\Users\fran\Patcher\Logger\Log\log-2022-05-05-18-40.57.csv
    Pid setup...
    Unable to transmit, Error: 6C 10 F0 22 00 0F 01
    Requesting pids...
    Error, CreateNextSlotRequestMessage line 437: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    Error, CreateNextSlotRequestMessage line 437: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    Logging started

Fuel Injected!
    Can you check which version of program you are running. Just to rule out some of the unknowns.
    Info for logging setup, bluetooth, usb, car year, pcm type, is there is more modules on bus or engine is a transplant, will be great.

We can do some tests to isolate cause.
    select device type, comm port and connect->vpw console-> mark all checkboxes->some idle will start showing on the screen.

On the dialog box type

6C FE F0 28 00

And press enter.
    Now you will get a list of the modules on car and there should be some 5 second pause, followed by some idle data.
    You can than disconnect and
    than copy all data from console screen and save it to a text file for analysis.

Fuel Injected!

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!

logging appears to be working.Some pid's don't seem to work, Ill have to determine if they are unsupported or something else.
    This has been a deep dive into new territory, but I'm starting to get it.
    2 questions though,
    1) i remember the car used to shift from 1st to 2nd in second gear. Now the car is in 2nd gear from a stop, no 1st. I've tried changing max_gear_table in X_shift. I've lowered mph & rpm shift times in other tables but I haven't got back to 2nd gear starting in 1st then shifting to 2nd.

2) I found this table and apparently it enables or disables shift stabilization, but I don't find this tables in all bins.
    Shift_Stab_Shift_Pattrn_Enble*01-
    These flags will enable or disable ETC shift stabilization for the indicated shift pattern. , Units: T/F
    The table has check boxes with T/F as the column header. I would have thought if checked meant True, since T is the first in T/F. But now I'm not sure. Same with max_gear says Maximum allowable gear based of range selector., Units: Gear is max gear low or high? I've tried both but doesn't seem to change as expected.

Every change i make I rename the file to have a restore point but I'm up to about 15 files.Getting confused. Sorry for the long post just trying to get a good understanding from forums and YouTube.

Fuel Injected!
    0.20.20.0 version, OBDXpro osb, 1999 stock LS1 a4,
    OS PN: 12202088,
    Hardware 9386530
    Serial 1EB0437K0214
    Id 3154131286
    Id2 12204771
    Broadcast DHXX
    Sorry I hadn't put that all in, I noticed your reply while typing last entry.

Fuel Injected!
    Great you managed to get it working. Did you make a note when the problem disappeared.

On the trans issue.

T/F is true/false. You noticed that right. It is a Boolean settings, so true means checkbox checked. False checkbox cleared.

Usually there will be some explanations what true or false do for a specific table. Sometimes it is reversed meaning unchecked/false, enables the needed features.
    defaults is true=enabled false=disabled, but it should be noted in the description if they are reversed.

Some tables are not present in all bins, due to various factors. Usually you will see *01- at the end of table. meaning available from 01-on bins.

As far as I got it. You want to put shift lever in second and the trans to shift from first to second and stay on second.

On older lt1 platform, there was a second start switch[starts in second], It was handled by adjusting the shift points. I think there might be some specific shift pattern when the lever is in second or low. You can test this tables 1_2_Drive_2_line and 2_1_Drive_2_line, Likely if set to zero it will start in second. There migth be some global enabler too.
    If you have a bin that worked and one that didn`t we can do some comparison, to find exact conditions.

For that shift stabilization routines there is more enablers that are not available yet in tuner. Still it is unclear their exact logic, the description is vary faint.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you, I will look into the 1_2_Drive_2_line and 2_1_Drive_2_line tables. My 99 Z28 A4 originally had an older ecu with an os something like 9358373 with hard to find xdf's so I grabbed a 411 ecu from junkyard out of a 2001 van. Copied what I could from the original ecu to the new one and eventually did a full write. Took the original out of the car and packed in a box to be put back in if needed for smog (California). New ecu is in the car and works great, just needs some fine tuning. Reason for the tuning needed was a rear gear swap to 3.73 ( love it) However the hypertech power tuner (handheld) worked originally for firming up shifts and altering fans but didn't deal well with gear change. It shifted into 2nd a 6-8 mph under light throttle but chirped beautifully into 2nd under wot. I've got the part throttle 2nd shift at 15 mph, works good and ramps higher with throttle. I would like to set 2nd detent shift to 4800 rpm with 90 psi trans pressure for 1/2 throttle chirps without reving all the way to 6200 (makes to much of a scene). Not sure if i did a segment swap or just copied and pasted tables. Would like to learn and become as comfortable with this tuning as I was with carbs and distributors (just sold an old car with triple SU carbs).Thanks for all your help. Are you aware of any particular videos or posts that deal with either universal patcher & pc hammer or what about TunerPro RT& LS Droid.Thanks again!!!!!

Fuel Injected!
    You can use this file for reference or for a base. It is stock but not good for cloning. Eeprom area is scrambled. Cal only writing, or OS+cal suggested.

Set for 3.23 rear axle ratio. If the van file is for 3.73 you can make a hybrid version with the settings you like.

There is some videos floating around for lsdroid and pcmhammer, but I think you already figured it out on those 2 programs..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, I'll see what I come up with and post back. Thank you.

Fuel Injected!

Just an update

Ive attached a pic of a log, mostly concerned with knock. It seems as if knock appears after egr commanded past 70%. Maybe egr should be disabled.
    The ecu in the car is the 411 replacement for the original ecu with an older os that remains stock for replacement back to stock or for california emmissions. I also added a wire and momentary switch to c71 to enable the performance option. I believe the attached log is after triggering the perf button, i have another log with much less knock that Ill post also. I haven't adjusted any engine parameters, only trans and TCC so far. But with this second ecu I may as well learn and look at timing, fuel, spark and any other tweaks that might make sense since returning to stock is so easy! I'll also post the bin and xdf so if it helps anyone else its there for the taking. Thanks again.log1.jpgTurns out I cannot upload a .csv file.
    Last edited by Trgrhpy; 05-21-2022 at 02:33 AM.