Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Fuel Injected!
    I posted several screenshots of various airflow settings. The bottom left number is from the compare file from original ecu still in car. The numbers are such large differences, it makes me wonder if the xdf file for the 2088 os cant read the old os from ECU still in car. Is it possible to swap segments, like fuel/trans between different os versions ( I'll bet not)? I believe the fuel injectors in 2001 are larger size than in 1999. I'm looking forward to installing the new ecu in the car and see how it runs. Then I can just make small changes and write to ecu, or are the numbers in fuel and volume efficiency so far off it would hurt the engine if those numbers arent dialed in first. I'm learning a lot, reading and trying, but any insites you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help.

I dont see the screenshots, so I'll post them again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trgrhpy; 04-17-2022 at 12:11 PM.

In tunnerpro you CAN NOT compare different OS's.
    Universal Patcher YOU CAN.
    Tuner Pro is XDF based and needs a different XDF for different OS

Hope that makes sense
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    That does make sense, thanks. It also explains the large variance between the compare numbers.

If you have both XDF's, you can open another Tuner Pro instance, tools> custom tools> new tunnerpro instance. Then open the other xdf an LS bin.

U/P, looks for tables in the bin, and can compare different OS's,
    I would definitely recommend using the Correct settings for your injectors if you have them.
    If your compare bin in your screenshots is a different OS, the compare data is meaningless
    So you have to VERIFY what the difference in calibrations are.

Just seen your reply after I was typing

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    That does make sense, thanks. It also explains the large variance between the compare numbers.
    To help you out, I'm attaching a bin that is the 2001 Z28 Auto file you posted, OS 12202088, with all the data from a stock 1999 Z28 Auto. That way your injector and other data will be correct for your car. I'm also attaching the xdf and checksum plugin that I used in case you want to take a look at the file, just remember to copy the checksum plugin file to you "Plugins" folder if you want to make changes to this file and use it. I DID NOT change any transmission or speedometer settings, that would be up to you to correct.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    That is incredibly helpful, thank you very much. I'll let you know what happens.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks again for everything you help with. I use that file and plug-in, and made changes to my tranny in Speedo everything else looks the way it should be. Next step is to just swap it out into the car and see if it doesn't catch fire. Haha.

Thanks again for everything you help with. I use that file and plug-in, and made changes to my tranny in Speedo everything else looks the way it should be. Next step is to just swap it out into the car and see if it doesn't catch fire. Haha.

Fuel Injected!

Success

Swapped out ecu and car started right up. Have changed some shift mph settings and trans pressures. So far so good. Car runs great!!!
    Thanks for everything, it was a huge help.
    1 question, if i just make changes to 1 table in trans or speedo,is there a way to just write that table to the ecu, rather than a full write. For those type of changes do you prefer to use Tuner Pro or Universal Patcher? Oh, I also disabled vats and I might as well enable it again, is the key authentication stored in the ecu or elsewhere? Thanks again!!

Swapped out ecu and car started right up. Have changed some shift mph settings and trans pressures. So far so good. Car runs great!!!
    1 question, if i just make changes to 1 table in trans or speedo,is there a way to just write that table to the ecu, rather than a full write. For those type of changes do you prefer to use Tuner Pro or Universal Patcher? Oh, I also disabled vats and I might as well enable it again, is the key authentication stored in the ecu or elsewhere? Thanks again!!
    I'm more used to making changes in TunerPro, but Universal Patcher works just as good. Mostly depends which one has the table you need defined. I typically will make changes in TunerPro, then do a Write Parameters with PCM Hammer.

I'm not sure if turning VATS back on will work, I'm not sure what the car looks for to make sure everything lines up. If we knew what is being asked, then you could change those parameters to match your original PCM and it should work.

VICTORY!!!

Not sure about the VATS, maybe someone else knows,
    But I believe for just changing tables and stuff, what you want is [Write Calibration] available in PCM hammer.
    As far as Tuner Pro vs U/P, as long as you have a trusted XDF for Tuner Pro, its a matter of preference, what ever is easier for YOU to navigate.

Fuel Injected!
    Well thanks for all the help. When I get vats done I'll post what was involved.

Pulse replied while I was typing.
    Not sure, but I think there is a LEARNING procedure for VATS that is OE or locksmith level stuff. Weather it BCM, or not or how to, I have no idea.

Glad you got it going through

Fuel Injected!

shift table question

D0701 has 20 different addresses associated with the shift table normal psi table. Is this normal? I also notice some tables aren't in some bins. For example, vats seems to be in all bins, but vats mhz hi and mhz low tables are only in some bins.

Also D0910 isnt found in some bins, is that a result of the xdf not referencing it? Also in universal patcher all tables appear different than in tuner pro I am doing it wrong or is that how it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images