Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Thee 0411 bin you posted last shows 2156.
    Should be able to seg swap, as long as your engine is confugured the same, ex crank and cam sensor inputs, v8, so on, and pinned correctly, Vats off, it should fire up

Universal Patcher shows engine type as 5.0L. Thats for a Dizzy SBC. If you have no dizzy and Cam And Crank sensors, COP.
    you'll need a different file, or segment swap.
    Last edited by ralmo94; 04-15-2022 at 07:18 PM.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Universal Patcher Shows all Stock Checksums,
    5.0 OHV 4L60E
    Vin lookup Shows
    2002 2500 Express Van 5.0 OHV with 225/75-16 tires 31 Gallon tank 2wd

Fuel Injected!
    Good to know. This is the 2000 camaro bin I was thinking of. Let me know if you think it would work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    Good to know. This is the 2000 camaro bin I was thinking of. Let me know if you think it would work
    Universal Patcher Shows the Checksums of that bin as Modded, be aware it may not be stock
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Modded would be fine I'm guessing. It appears to be the same car same motor same tranny and if I'm able to change out things like rear end gears shift points and the only difference between a 99 and 2000 Camaro was an EGR valve and again for driving that's really not necessary. If I had to swap ecu's to get smog that's only once every two years. It just seems like that would be the bin to start with and then maybe I can do flash changes to it that are just for things like Speedo and shifts and etcetera etcetera. What do you think about that idea

Also Shows ***NOT 2156 OS *** but 9381344.

I'm Not sure I would trust that Bin, from the apparent Miss Labeling

Modded would be fine I'm guessing. It appears to be the same car same motor same tranny and if I'm able to change out things like rear end gears shift points and the only difference between a 99 and 2000 Camaro was an EGR valve and again for driving that's really not necessary. If I had to swap ecu's to get smog that's only once every two years. It just seems like that would be the bin to start with and then maybe I can do flash changes to it that are just for things like Speedo and shifts and etcetera etcetera. What do you think about that idea
    Just to recap, you have a 5.7L LS1 with a 4l60 in a car?

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, thats correct. the original os was 9373372. That was the reason for the os change cause xdf files are hard to find for that os.

Yes, thats correct. the original os was 9373372. That was the reason for the os change cause xdf files are hard to find for that os.
    The bin you said you would like to use that is labeled as 2156, is also 9373372. And it is labeled as stock and is not.

the bin on this page also shows Modded, but it is labeled correctly the vin shows correct, OS is correct as 2088
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Wow that's great, that's the exact same car except mine is hugger orange and a 99. So if I can use those two files that would be perfect. Thank you very much. What would be your suggestion to write that file to my spare computer is that an OS swap is that a full write is that a clone and would you use p c hammer & Universal packer or tunerpro and LS Droid. I would want to change the VIN, or I would I do that after the after the file has been written? Again, thanks for all the help! Just trying to get straight in my head what the series of steps are, without making a mistake.

Wow that's great, that's the exact same car except mine is hugger orange and a 99. So if I can use those two files that would be perfect. Thank you very much. What would be your suggestion to write that file to my spare computer is that an OS swap is that a full write is that a clone and would you use p c hammer & Universal packer or tunerpro and LS Droid. I would want to change the VIN, or I would I do that after the after the file has been written? Again, thanks for all the help! Just trying to get straight in my head what the series of steps are, without making a mistake.
    As far as I understand the preferred method is to use PChammer and Universal Patcher. Write Entire.
    And If I remember Correctly the preffered method for Vin Change is to use PCM hammer alone.

Let us know how this works out for you. Be sure that you have enough system voltage for writing entire, if not using a bench harness, I recommend a battery charger connected

Fuel Injected!
    That's great thank you very much. I will try that using your suggestions. For power I hooked directly up to the car battery just with a jumper cable setup so should be good. Thanks again will let you know what happens

That's great thank you very much. I will try that using your suggestions. For power I hooked directly up to the car battery just with a jumper cable setup so should be good. Thanks again will let you know what happens
    I would check the voltage of the battery, if it takes a long time, and real close to 12 vlts like 12.3, you could end up with a brick

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like it was successful. Now just to change a few settings.

Looks like it was successful. Now just to change a few settings.
    Great!