Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Yeah I know what you mean, I had a super chips for a Dodge that allowed custom shift tables.
    You can edit the entire shift table in the bin.
    You should have a table called part throttle shift speeds - normal mode.
    You can set the up shift or down shift mph for throttle positions
    100%
    So if the low throttle shifts happen too fast, you can set those at a higher mph.
    But speedo needs to match speed and shift points should be adjusted. Just make sure down shifts are lower value than upshift
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    That's exactly what I'm hoping to do. I just want to do it on a spare ecu so I'm not making any changes to the original in the event that something goes wrong. I'm also in California and the smog guy told me that some changes to the ECU can have the car fail, he was unsure what changes would cause that and has yet to actually see one. So I'm hoping to clone this 411 ecu and just exchange it for the one in the car do all my changes there and if I have to get smogged or to go back to stock just put the original one back.

ITs a good Idea to have a backup,
    But I don't think it would be necessary to swap the physical pcm back and forth
    You should just be able to flash stock file, then after passing, flash back.
    I don't know for sure, but I don't think they will fail you unless you delete egr, rear O2's or cats, or vin mismatch or something like that
    I have read of people failing because they haven't driven enough for the monitors to complete to tell the smog scanner that everything is ok
    Last edited by ralmo94; 04-11-2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spellcheck

Fuel Injected!
    I've heard that also on the tune that would cause a fail. It's my daily driver and I really don't want to take any chances. I'm just one of those people that really likes to have a backup. I'm trying to change the VIN number in the spare and now when I go to save the file that comes up with a checksum error. Currently trying to figure out the patch or the other software that apparently auto checks the checksums. That's where I'm at right now, any info would be great, thanks.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...S1-Tuning-Tool
    Download Universal Patcher from this thread, its the newest version
    Once downloaded open the Universal Patcher.EXE Then open your bin

Then go to Utilities > Patcher > Fix Checksums of Current File, Then save

Fuel Injected!
    Sweet, I'll try that right now. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    Sweet, I'll try that right now. Thank you.
    You also can edit the bin directly in Universal Patcher

I also sent you a PM

Fuel Injected!
    I got the spreadsheet, looks great. Thank you. I ran the universal patched, fixed the checksums and flashed to ecu. Competed successfully however now the ecu wont respond. Seems to have bricked the ecu. Tried some of the fixes listed on this site, no luck so far. I picked up ls droid for windows, appears to have a recovery system. So I'll try that next. I'll post back tomorrow with an update. Thanks again.

Fuel Injected!
    Just to give an update. I picked up a new ECU I'll upload a photo of the hardware and service number and maybe I can start this all over again and try and not brick this one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trgrhpy; 04-14-2022 at 10:46 PM.

See what I found on youtube for your [bricked] pcm
    https://youtu.be/voJ2knexPrY

and on https://www.customecm.com/gm-bricked-pcm-recovery
    "Bricked" PCMs usually happen due to a failed flashing event, typically vehicle battery voltage goes low, the connection is interrupted, or there is interference from other modules (typically radios, etc).
    If you're getting controller unlocker errors and you haven't even tried to flash it yet, try removing your radio, onstar, and transfer case fuses (if there is one specific for that module). This is most common on 2003-7 trucks in particular or if you have an aftermarket radio, etc.
    If you did have a failed flashing event, don't turn the key off. Try the flash again and remedy any of the issues mentioned above.
    Last edited by ralmo94; 04-14-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    Just to give an update. I picked up a new ECU I'll upload a photo of the hardware and service number and maybe I can start this all over again and try and not brick this one
    Can you post the stock bin from that?

Fuel Injected!
    Just uploaded, thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    That's helpful, thank you.

Funny to think I'm helping anyone here. Just to recap.
    1) I've download LS Droid, LS Droid for Windows, Universal Patcher, and PC hammer.
    2) I would really like to get away from the original operating system in the car now and just pick an OS in the spare computer and configure it. But apparently I can't do segments swaps between differing operating systems. I downloaded a 2000 Camaro 5.7 4l60 file that I would like to copy over to the spare pcm. Apparently I have to do three flashes to the PCM, to enable the ability to do segment swaps or clones, using LS Droid.
    3) I'm trying to have a plan to get the second pcm configured with a new operating system and just exchange it for the one in the car now. I've always been reluctant, even using the Hypertech tuner that I have now, flashing the in car pcm because what if something goes wrong and it's unrecoverable, then the car doesn't drive!
    Out of curiosity if I flashed the 2000 Camaro file to this PCM, and just installed it in the car. What are the chances it would start and I'd be able just to do in car flashes to change out things like the vin and vats and rear end gearing, shift times & pressures, etc/B]
    Thanks for any insight you might be able to offer!!!!!
    Last edited by Trgrhpy; 04-15-2022 at 07:05 PM.