Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Fuel Injected!

data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Hi All,

i'm fairly new to tuning, but so far have learned a lot from this site and others.

my motor is a '99 ls1/4l60e from a z28 camaro. right now i'm running the '00 firebird bin and used the xdf for that to disable vats, set the tire size/rear diff, and tune the shifting to the point where it's pretty good. that all works well.

the next step is actually dialing in the fueling, which will require data logging. i'm using the obdx pro vt and pcm hammer to read/write the ecm. what is everybody doing for data logging with this device? does it work with tunerpro rt? if so what is necessary? i've found a few tutorials, it seems like of course you need a definition file but what else is required?

thanks!

Maybe information from this site will help: http://obd2allinone.com/

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Maybe information from this site will help: http://obd2allinone.com/

dave w
    yes - thank you. also, holy old laptops - check out the pictures on that page!!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcratchet555 View Post
    Hi All,

i'm fairly new to tuning, but so far have learned a lot from this site and others.

my motor is a '99 ls1/4l60e from a z28 camaro. right now i'm running the '00 firebird bin and used the xdf for that to disable vats, set the tire size/rear diff, and tune the shifting to the point where it's pretty good. that all works well.

the next step is actually dialing in the fueling, which will require data logging. i'm using the obdx pro vt and pcm hammer to read/write the ecm. what is everybody doing for data logging with this device? does it work with tunerpro rt? if so what is necessary? i've found a few tutorials, it seems like of course you need a definition file but what else is required?

thanks!
    Hey Bob, I realize this post is a little old. I've got the same car, looking to do the same file changes you did.
    Mostly trans shifts, pressures & gear change. Did you have a good xdf file you could share or point me to one.
    I've got a generic xdf but dont see where to change shifts point, pressures and gears. Would the correct xdf file
    Make a big difference. Thanks f oi r any info you could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    Hey Bob, I realize this post is a little old. I've got the same car, looking to do the same file changes you did.
    Mostly trans shifts, pressures & gear change. Did you have a good xdf file you could share or point me to one.
    I've got a generic xdf but dont see where to change shifts point, pressures and gears. Would the correct xdf file
    Make a big difference. Thanks f oi r any info you could offer.
    What OS do you have?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    What OS do you have?
    Thanks for responding. I'm not sure what OS, the ecu is still in the car. I picked up a spare from auto wrecker, same car (99 Camaro a4) but the spare is from a v6. Apparently it's different, it is blue & clear connectors. I can post the read file from z28
    If you can see what it says. Depending on the xdf i use the fields/tables are blanc or zeros.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    Thanks for responding. I'm not sure what OS, the ecu is still in the car. I picked up a spare from auto wrecker, same car (99 Camaro a4) but the spare is from a v6. Apparently it's different, it is blue & clear connectors. I can post the read file from z28
    If you can see what it says. Depending on the xdf i use the fields/tables are blanc or zeros.
    I see that the file you posted is OS 9373372. I don't know of any XDF files for that OS. Would you be against upgrading to a newer OS that has an XDF available?

Fuel Injected!
    I'd be fine with that. I want to get a second ecu to experiment with, leaving the original one unaltered. I know of an ECU in the wrecker for an s10 truck that I believe has red and blue connectors. Would that be a good candidate for an experimental ecu? Thanks for your assistance!!@

Fuel Injected!
    Just an update, picked up an ecu from 2002 Blazer, red & blue connectors, read with LS Droid, os 1221215 last number could be a 5 or 6, didn't fit in the little window on ls droid. Hardware number is 09386530, Serv number is 12200411. Hopefully there is an xdf for this unit. I believe I've seen 0411 mentioned previously on the forum. Thanks again.

Check out this this gearhead thread for an XDF
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...S-12212156-xdf

Aso check out
    www.universalpatcher.net/
    it's a relitivly new tool for this generation pcm's
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    That's great, thank you.

Fuel Injected!
    PCM Hammer also includes a data logging tool, called PCM Logger.

Fuel Injected!
    NSFW, thanks. I've got a 2001 411 ecu from a chevy blazer. I tried flashing it as a clone using ls droid. Seems to work correctly. However the vin didnt transfer with it. Reading the 411 ecu with ls droid shows the 9373372 os, so maybe I just need to change the vin, so it works with vats. I'm really just looking to having a clone so I can just swap it out and not change the original in the car. I'm really just looking to change shift points and pressures after a rear gear change. I realize to most it seems backwards to take the 411 ecu to an earlier os, but for my purposes it seems easier. Do you know if the newer ecu has the same pin connections as the earlier ecu and only the harness is different. That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks again.

If you are going to change shift points, have you corrected the speedometer yet?
    All shift tables and Tcc are based off of MPH
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for getting back so soon. I have a Hypertech tuner which is a stand-alone unit that plugs in and allows you to recalibrate the computer for things like gear changes, tire size and shift firmness. It does quite well, especially on the shift firmness I have it set at 25 or 50. However if I change the shift points up or down by miles per hour it affects more than just the shifts and the speedometer reads incorrectly. So as I have it set right now the shift on part throttle from 1st gear to Second occurs at 6 or 8 miles an hour. I have to put on more throttle than I would like to keep it in first gear to accelerate away from a stop light. Full Throttle is fine, I understand hypertext don't affect Full Throttle operation. But I'd like to be able to configure the part throttle shift times.