Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: data logging with ls1, obdx pro vt, and tunerpro rt

Fuel Injected!
    Kur40, thanks for the quick reply. The wire going to the ECU has to go to a different pin than the one I wired my switch up to, since the pin I wired to was unused by the vehicle harness. I think it'll be easier to just slide my wiring over under the dash and have it connect to the switch only portion of the switch, I won't have the LED light working but the switch itself will work.

Fuel Injected!

Just noticed something

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    If the harness have the wiring than you are good to go. Just trace that the wires actually goes to pcm connectors and at what pins. Than we might confirm it is the correct position.
    I was checking out new values in tables i hadn't looked at yet. Found one "Throttle_Load" and it showed a non linear mapping of the throttle opening compared to pedal movement. Not etc control but telling the throttle that 25% open was 43% and 75% open was 68%. So the throttle acted like more throttle down low and less up top, than the driver expected by depressing gas pedal. Mapped it to linear ie: 25% = 25% 75 = 75 etc, etc. The compare function in tunerpro showed other bins were the same and still others were all over the place. Seems like trans shift points are even closer to where I wanted them as i was guessing 25% meant 25%.

Update on perf button, ran my wiring to sgs button in center panel by a/c vents, light doesn't work but button works great. Seems even better after adjusting Throttle_load table.

Thanks again.

Fuel Injected!
    Guys, running well. Getting to play in more tables and customizing adf file for ease of use and organizing. Dialing in tcc for better fuel economy. Curious on what controls pressure & shift speed for reverse. I notice part throttle gear speed for 1st can start at 0 and won't downshift into first pulling up to a red light. Upon touching gas at 1 mph it shifts into first. Or it can start at 1 and it will downshift into first pulling up to the red light. Also has more tendency to creep requiring more break pedal. I'm wondering if 1,2, or 3, also affects reverse. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trgrhpy View Post
    Guys, running well. Getting to play in more tables and customizing adf file for ease of use and organizing. Dialing in tcc for better fuel economy. Curious on what controls pressure & shift speed for reverse. I notice part throttle gear speed for 1st can start at 0 and won't downshift into first pulling up to a red light. Upon touching gas at 1 mph it shifts into first. Or it can start at 1 and it will downshift into first pulling up to the red light. Also has more tendency to creep requiring more break pedal. I'm wondering if 1,2, or 3, also affects reverse. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Here is a spreadsheet I made to assist with seeing how tcc and shifts work together. Please read the first page before using, helped me a lot in fine tuning shift and tcc tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Will check it out, thank you.

Fuel Injected!
    Ralmo94
    I used the spreadsheet, works great thank you. I seem to have a check engine light that flashes between 70 & 80 mph under light throttle. If I add throttle the car speeds up and the light goes out. Car seems to run perfectly. I run the torque app while the light is flashing but fuel trims look good, both short and long. O2 sensors bounce as expected everything looks good. I also set all dtc's to no light. Can't figure out why cel flashes. Car gets 25 mpg on highway with 373 rear gears and 15 mpg in city, as long as I drive calmly. About the only thing that comes to mind for the light would be maybe the engine requires a case relearn. That might make sense because the car is between accelerating and decelerating in high gear when the light flashes. But again errors are set to no light. I'm confused! Any ideas?

Ralmo94
    I used the spreadsheet, works great thank you. I seem to have a check engine light that flashes between 70 & 80 mph under light throttle. If I add throttle the car speeds up and the light goes out. Car seems to run perfectly. I run the torque app while the light is flashing but fuel trims look good, both short and long. O2 sensors bounce as expected everything looks good. I also set all dtc's to no light. Can't figure out why cel flashes. Car gets 25 mpg on highway with 373 rear gears and 15 mpg in city, as long as I drive calmly. About the only thing that comes to mind for the light would be maybe the engine requires a case relearn. That might make sense because the car is between accelerating and decelerating in high gear when the light flashes. But again errors are set to no light. I'm confused! Any ideas?
    A flashing light usually indicates a misfire. Do you have your misfire DTCs turned off? If so, I would turn them back on and see if that triggers a code.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    A flashing light usually indicates a misfire. Do you have your misfire DTCs turned off? If so, I would turn them back on and see if that triggers a code.
    All dtc's are off. They were set to no light but set a code. When checked, no code. The engine feels smooth and all items in torque app look good while the light is flashing. Tried logging with universal patcher, some data looks good, some missing. Loop status showed as open. If car was running open loop would front o2's bounce hi & low, I would think not. Thanks.

Ralmo94
    I used the spreadsheet, works great thank you. Car gets 25 mpg on highway with 373 rear gears and 15 mpg in city, as long as I drive calmly.?
    Thank you for confirming it was helpful. Not to shabby mpg. Wish I had a suggestion for your cel

All dtc's are off. They were set to no light but set a code. When checked, no code. The engine feels smooth and all items in torque app look good while the light is flashing. Tried logging with universal patcher, some data looks good, some missing. Loop status showed as open. If car was running open loop would front o2's bounce hi & low, I would think not. Thanks.
    Did you make any adjustments to the misfire table?

Fuel Injected!
    No, I don't even know what that is. Please explain, thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Guys, just looking through ve tables for curiosity regarding that flashing light. Here is my old table vs new table. Shocked at the difference.
    ve old.jpgve current.jpg
    I would think the old one looks more correct, no? Car seems to run great, but maybe could run better. I remember I have copied tables over in the past and the car wouldn't start. Also, when changing fueling and saving changes, do the trims get reset or do I have to disconnect the battery? Thanks!
    Last edited by Trgrhpy; 11-17-2022 at 11:01 PM.

The second table looks like the difference button is pushed?

Fuel Injected!
    I think you are right. I just noticed sometimes viewing the graph with the button pushed and not being aware of it. I did try copying the old one to this tune and the car would barely even start. My car originally came with an old OS that didn't have xdf support. So I changed it to a 411 ECU and tunes from a 2000 Z28 supposedly populated with 99 data. A question though, when copying over these sorts of tunes do I need to reset the fuel trims by unplugging the battery. Or are they set to zero when the tune is rewritten.

Fuel Injected!
    Uh oh! I tried to do a pcm read and it errored out! Battery was fully charged. Now turn on the key and no power. Disconnected battery, reconnected, still no power. Currently on charger, shows it it charging (same charger this morning showed fully charged in preparation for pcm read.) Here is the pc hammer error screenshot. Any ideas, thanks!Read Error.jpg Disaster averted! Disconnected battery charged while disconnected showed fully charged after 5 mins. Reconnected car started right up. VERY WEIRD!!!
    I use a OBDXPRO VT V3 to read the pcm. This is a second unit, the first one I damaged by leaving plugged in and the car battery died over about a week. After that it never worked again. Bought another one and has worked as good as the first untill now. Now I am reluctant to try another full read. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Trgrhpy; 11-20-2022 at 01:17 AM.