Actually a little more to the question than that. I pulled the 7427 from the same truck I got that charcoal canister from to have as a spare. I already have one un modded 7427 as a spare, and I know its good. But I would like to have a spare MPFI modded one, so if something wild happens and the one I am running now fries, I can have a spare ready to go. So I want to mod the one I just picked up, BUT, I want to test it before I spend the time tearing it down and removing the resistors for the MPFI. As far as what actually hooks to the pcm, the injectors are the only diffrence between a tbi harness. So will it harm the un modded pcm to plug it into my harness, install my memcal, and be powered up (but not start the engine)? I figure I can just connect tunerpro and bring up the dash and check and make sure it connects, and I am getting feeds from the sensors. Or will plugging it up with 8 mpfi injectors harm the resistors or other internal parts? If so, could I un hook the injectors and would that cause any errors or problems with testing it?
I guess you could say I would be using my jeep as a test bench.