Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Fuel Injected!
    my mates SBC mini drag car good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hmmm... after watching a few videos I have to wonder... When people in the southern hemisphere do burnouts, do they spin counterclockwise?
    You mean like flushing the toilet it spins the other way?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hmmm... after watching a few videos I have to wonder... When people in the southern hemisphere do burnouts, do they spin counterclockwise?
    Read that aloud to my wife,
    Wife - "Well it depends if they are left or right handed.
    Me - ?????
    Wife - "because the car will go in the direction they are turning,which will likely be different depending on whether they are right or left hand dominant".

I should have thrown in right hand drive and see what she comes up with.

She also mentioned the coriolis effect has nothing to do with it,as well as the comment that " If you're doing a proper burnout you shouldn't be spinning at all,get the tires hot and get down the damn track".

lol,twas an interesting conversation.
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 07-26-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    hughsnet came out today ,put a new eye in are dish and a new modum, I am not joking this thing is almost blink of an eye fast,it had got so slow I would shut it off some time, got the internet fixed an found a job, pretty good friday

Decided to install my headers I have been working on for a long time on my cherokee. These are the hooker headers that were not dog leg port like my heads are. I modded them by doing some welding and porting work (several hours over several days of my time) and then coated them in techline ceramic paint (which I also ordered a small touchup paint gun to coat them with). Also took a while to find some header bolts to fit, since 4 are one thread size, and 8 are another size. Anyways I go to install them and first thing I do is yank a terminal out of one of my spark plug wires The when I try to install the drivers side, the clutch linkage was in the way, had to unbolt and remove that (a PITA) then once up there, I was trying to install them and ended up twisting and breaking one of the remflex gaskets I bought because It wasnt wanting to go on right, come to find out the header flanges were hitting the tops of the head bolts I remembered having to grind on the stock manifolds to clearance them too. The ARP head bolts have a taller head than stock bolts.
    So now I have to order another set of remflex gaskets and wait for them to get here. In the meantime, I have a jeep with only 1 header installed and no exhaust (had to remove it as it was hitting the header) I thought I had cut it back far enough with the saws all, but didnt, so I got mad and yanked it out.
    Geeze
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Super Moderator
    for a while, i was wondering if jeep had also used the dogleg ports on their heads, but i look down and see AMC 401 and it all makes sense now.

my dad's 70 javelin with a 401 is the same way. had headers on it from the previous owner, were the wrong shape. ran extremely well, but they were an obvious restriction.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Yea the older (66-69) AMC V8's used the rectange port heads, while the 70-91's used the dogleg ports. When I first got the headers I thought they were the wrong one, but a call to holley (who owns hooker) found out that they do not make a dog leg header for the amc engines (except for a set of super high priced CJ fenderwell exit headers) So I decided to mod them to work with the dog leg ports. I lightly ported/polished/gasket matched these heads before I put them on, so I wanted the headers to match the heads.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    I hate Ebay.

Okay,put something on ebay.
    I only ever do flat rate shipping pretty much,I loathe shipping stuff and i'll eat a couple dollars so I don't need to estimate.
    I got a message from someone asking if I would ship to Brazil.
    Told them I would check since it was already packaged up and ready.
    Sent them back the shipping total and said sure no problem ($50).
    Person won bid (ended friday the 26th).
    Sent message asking for paypal address for invoice-no answer.
    Next day I see where I can invoice the bidder so I do that.
    Nothing else till this morning when I send message saying I was going to relist if no contact.
    This is the message I recieved back

"Dear peaches0172001,
    Hi,
    Excuse me for the delay.
    I checked my Credit Card, it was denied. I will contact my bank and pay as soon as I can.
    Thank you
    - virtual302v8351"

Sounds like the guy has no money,and i'm kinda pissed.
    But I tend to overreact on stuff like this.
    On one hand,I know contact will be hard to another country and this is that Holley EFI computer so love to help out an enthusiast in another country.
    On the other hand,I hate debt,credit and the like-if you have to borrow than you're broke. So I feel he is wasting my time and bid because he wanted it,not cause he could afford to buy it.

What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    I hate Ebay.

Okay,put something on ebay.
    I only ever do flat rate shipping pretty much,I loathe shipping stuff and i'll eat a couple dollars so I don't need to estimate.
    Person won bid (ended friday the 26th).
    Sent message asking for paypal address for invoice-no answer.
    Next day I see where I can invoice the bidder so I do that.
    Nothing else till this morning when I send message saying I was going to relist if no contact.
    This is the message I recieved back

"Dear peaches0172001,
    Hi,
    Excuse me for the delay.
    I checked my Credit Card, it was denied. I will contact my bank and pay as soon as I can.
    Thank you
    - virtual302v8351"

Sounds like the guy has no money,and i'm kinda pissed.
    But I tend to overreact on stuff like this.
    On one hand,I know contact will be hard to another country and this is that Holley EFI computer so love to help out an enthusiast in another country.
    On the other hand,I hate debt,credit and the like-if you have to borrow than you're broke. So I feel he is wasting my time and bid because he wanted it,not cause he could afford to buy it.

What do I do?
    Send the bidder an offer to retract the bid. If the buyer accepts the retracted bid offer, then Ebay will allow the item to be relisted for free and the seller fees refunded.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    From reading I should be able to outright cancel since it has been 3 days with no payment.I sent a message and told him I will cancel and relist tonight if no payment.
    There are no sellers fees i'm aware of,i've put up 7-8 auctions the past week and none of them had fees.
    I get emails every month saying I can list X amount for free,I assume that is why.

What about the final value fee, which I think is included in "seller fees"?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Don't underestimate my ignorance,lol.No idea,the only charges i've seen were from paypal so far.
    I just revised a listing and it had a note about a final fee but it said free next to it.
    I haven't sold anything on ebay for years,got burned by a buyer and paypal both on an AVIC-N2 I sold several years ago.

Super Moderator
    expect an invoice from ebay at the beginning of next month for everything sold during the previous month... that's how they do their FVF fees now.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    "Dear peaches0172001,....

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    Ebay has rules in place that require you to accept bids worldwide if you want to accept paypal. Ok. But I've had experiences similar to yours too many times. So my auction text says "I accept bids from Canada." There are checkboxes for other countries (or there were, I haven't tried to sell on Ebay in a while) but I never checked them. I wouldn't refuse a bid form another country because that can get you into trouble. The strategy seemed to work but I always figured I'd throw out some stupid price for shipping if I was contacted like you were.