Page 18 of 115 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Administrator
    That's a $5k to $7k mower!!!?? I just can't fathom it. But it looks like it's in great shape and it should provide some nice spending cash for you. Good score.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 04-28-2012 at 05:54 PM.

This is the largest lawn mower JD makes before you step up to a actual compact tractor. Salesman at the dealership said this was about a $10,000 mower when new. Thats with the deck. These are actually sold without the deck, the customer has to choose what size deck they want, and its extra. The bigger the deck, the more expensive. Without the deck I think it was around $9000-9500.
    http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-trac...eere-x585.html

Current model equil to it is the X728. A new one of those, with the same 62 inch deck will run you about 12k. 10k without the deck.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Well, I tuned two vehicles today.

A 1992 Chev pick up, that was originally a 5.0L manual, now has an '84 Corvette 350, headers, custom true dual exhaust. Swapped in a 1227747 before the last session, since I was tired of having the 16146299 fight me, or at least seemed that way. After only a few hours total, between the last session and this one, BLMs are +5/-6 in most areas. :D Just cold start to tune, but that will take a few attempts and feedback from the owner.

The other is the 1971 Olds Cutlass that a friend of mine owns, been tuning it for a few years, on and off. There have been changes made over that time, like new and bigger cam, new fuel system, new home made TB, with a different fuel feed layout than previously, etc. It's an Olds 455, with ported heads, stout bottom end, big bump stick (said to be too big for EFI), the custom 4bbl throttle body, headers, 4L80E, etc, etc. I've had it idle pretty well at around 650 RPM, but the last few days it just didn't want to run well at all at that RPM, so it's now at 875 to 900 RPM idle. There was also an issue with a hole at idle to WOT whack, then it hit me, I wasn't tuning the correct part of the AE vs delta MAP table. :facepalm: That hole is pretty much gone. I would still like to get the idle a little lower at some point though.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

2 in one day? Your doing better then me! I fought one all day yesterday, get closer and need more fuel, get closer and need more fuel, finally hit 105 VE and looked back at first log... Hmmmm? Check fuel pressure and it's fine, was about to hook up my gauge with extension to windsheild wiper and look at exteranal pump pre filter and it's plugged!!! Start over, run out of gas at 1/4 tank.... get a full tank, finish tune, do final WOT run with wide band and at about 110 MPH a deer decides to cross the road, light breaking puts me in other lane (later owner said only has front brakes, and drums at that... .), deer jumps straight up and I swear went over car...

Have you done anymore work to $85.xdf? I got one to do Tuesday.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yeah, my WBO2 got a work out yesterday. lol Just shy of 2 hours in the pick up, and about 5 hours in the Cutlass.

I haven't done any more work on the XDF, though I did download the hac yesterday, since I think there might be a few things missing from it.

If the engine has an EFI friendly cam, and smaller intake runners than the Torker intake I'm dealing with the current XDF should have everything you need.

I think I'm just fighting a large bumpstick and large runners, causing the fuel to fall out of suspension at low RPM. It seemed this caused the engine to hang at just under 2000 RPM for a bit, after hitting the throttle after idling for a while. With the higher idle RPM, this hang doesn't happen.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

When I looked at it IIRC the bitmasks needed a lot of work, but then I forget if it was the $85 or $DB. Still never sorted them out but have XDF and hack for each but both are titled $85.

Sounds like you are getting a soaking wet intake... then you come off idle rich, then settles in? Open throttle blades as much as you can for very little IAC counts. May want to give up the low idle?

The one I'm doing this week is new 502 cammed and intake but small and dual plane, headers. Said it runs fine just no improvement from old stock 454. Tow rig so should be easy, have an adjustable regulator ready cause it will probably need more fuel.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Isaiah 40:29-31
    New International Version (NIV)

29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
    30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
    31 but those who hope in the LORD
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

This waa on a coin my wife gave me in the hospital during my first back surgery when I thought all I had in my future was a wheelchair. Well three back surgeries later on four disks after the rear ended car accident I am still not in a wheel chair.

And know you know where the Eagle in EagleMark comes from.

Wow, Eagle mark. This was the passage my wife designed my wedding ring after. I have also been through the bad car crash deal and It has been two month since my last surgery. Pain's not all gone but Im not restricted to bed 24 7.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Sorry to hear that... back surgeries are no fun but do relieve pain, problem is recovery takes a long time and you are much weaker from all down time and recovery time. Then you feel better and overdo it and end up hurting again. Reorganize your life for more exercise and physical therapy, less hard labor!. Really have to make this a six month to year project or you'll be hurting again! Baby steps! I've been through this to many times! Been ten years since my last back surgery, which was my third! One disc at a time...

Also get off the pain pills as soon as possible, take as little as possible for recovery and find some anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen. Hot showers in morning. Recovery from opiates is like living in hell... pain is nothing compared to this...

-= =-

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Recovery from opiates is like living in hell... pain is nothing compared to this...
    morphine is some wonderfully effective stuff. unfortunately, it does have the side effect if being ridiculously addictive.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

yeh, coming off morphine sucks, hot flashes head aches and other un unmentionables stuff with the stomach. I just use vicodon when the weather changes and the arthritis acts up. My disc was smashed down to 4mm and now im at 8mm, good to have the relief off my spine and I can feel my fingers again. Thanks for the tips eaglemark, massage therapy helps alot as well. I have a pretty neat ball joint deal in c5-6 I think the link showed up. Im on dial up again for a few days. Lol,

Super Moderator
    oddly, the only thing vicodin does for me is it makes a certain part of me numb....

and that part has never been the one in pain.

Super Moderator
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ent_ways_.html

so apparently kids are drinking hand sanitizer these days....

and i thought Jaegger was bad.

Administrator
    After my back surgery I stopped taking pain pills. They are what helped me ignore the pain and make the situation worse. My injury was from overwork and from not allowing my body to heal when I should have. Damn slave driver... From time to time I will take an Aleve when things are really bad but overall if my body's hurting more than normal that's the sign that I'm doing too much or doing something wrong. My right leg still gets cramped, the bottom of my right foot feels like it's supporting a thousand pounds while balancing on a baseball if I'm driving, and I get all sorts of strange tingles that remind me that every day walking and active is a day to be used well.

For anyone healthy, please remember to take care of yourself. We're all invincible until the day we get broken, then we realize just how fragile we really are.

And hand sanitizer??? What the...?
    Last edited by 1project2many; 05-02-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Super Moderator
    i'd do the whole "kids today" thing, but being 23, i don't think i'm entitled to it yet.

+10 man points to them though, i couldn't drink an alcohol-laden gel that must taste........ actually i can't think of what it would taste like based off of the smell and ingredients.

Can you imagine the small amount of alcohol in hand sanitizer? Or is there some other ingredient making them high? I'm not going to read it, just dumb!

My son is now 18, I can't even get him to take a vitamin or aspirin because of what happened to me from doctor prescribed medicine!

He knew kids in school (before we pulled him out of school to home school) that burned out their brains on spray paint huffing? He said they used to be normal kids, now they are zombies and never recovered. Very sad to see a young persons life forever ruined because of a stupid idea for a buzz? Where do they get these ideas?

-= =-