Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Nice looking rig! Let me know what you want if you sell it. My kid just totalled out my Buick LT1 Roadmaster...
    Ahh... He's ok, yes? Other than needing new jeans with a boot shaped seat? You know, I think about the damage I did to cars over the years and I wonder if it's even possible to give my boy a head start on a nice vehicle without having it come back as a basket case in short order. Come to think of it, a tired horse and an old farm wagon might be a good starting point for anyone sharing my dna.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 03-25-2012 at 08:44 PM.

I'll give you $500 for it right now ! :P (for Chris's Chevy that is)
    odd things the police have said to me; "you can't drive that on the road", "I like your cow", "I didn't think you would pull over so quick"

T boned driver door, he's OK, part of front fender, rear door and center pillar damage. More than I am going to repair.

Going to pull the LT1 and 4L60e with everything needed to swap to maybe an S10 or? Then part it out, has lots of good to excellent desirable parts.

Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Ahh... He's ok, yes? Other than needing new jeans with a boot shaped seat? You know, I think about the damage I did to cars over the years and I wonder if it's even possible to give my boy a head start on a nice vehicle without having it come back as a basket case in short order. Come to think of it, a tired horse and an old farm wagon might be a good starting point for anyone sharing my dna.
    Yeah he's fine. Been driving 4 years now and this is his first, had my gaurd down and let him use it while we finished the TBI conversion on his IH tow rig daily driver.

-= =-

That sucks, at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

What would it take to fix the car? Might be easier or cheaper than getting a new vehicle.

Sorry Lucky, the more I look at what this Yukon has, the more I'm thinking about keeping it and selling the Dakota. I just wish this was a bonefied truck, and not one with a heated cargo space.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Super Moderator
    at the very least, it looks like you found out that the B-bodies are excellent vehicles to be in if you get nailed directly at the driver's door.

took it like a champ.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    That sucks, at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

What would it take to fix the car? Might be easier or cheaper than getting a new vehicle.

Sorry Lucky, the more I look at what this Yukon has, the more I'm thinking about keeping it and selling the Dakota. I just wish this was a bonefied truck, and not one with a heated cargo space.
    I have the Suburban you can see in background (Picture Above) so I have a vehicle. Just more work then I am willing to do, would rather have the motor and trans for little project car...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    at the very least, it looks like you found out that the B-bodies are excellent vehicles to be in if you get nailed directly at the driver's door.

took it like a champ.
    Yeah the outcome could have been much worse in a little POS... neither air bag went off, but I guess they should'nt unless it's a front collision...

If he were in his Toyota in background it probably would not have hurt it or went under and flipped it...

-= =-

I guess I am on someone's $__t list today as well. Driving to work this morning in the Grand Am, and my steering gets stiff, then temp starts creeping up and battery light turns on. Pulled over to let it cool.........alternator mount broken. Started it up and coasted in to the parking lot. Took out the alternator and mount, Tig welded it back togther with lots of extra material, and put it back on. It works fine now. Need a new belt though.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Super Moderator
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

What else did I pick up tonight?

Ohhh yeeeeaaah...

Another complete (less harness and ECM), Corvette Crossfire set-up. :D

I now have my spare TBs to swap onto the truck, to get a pair bushed. :D
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    Hah! I didn't think anyone was interested in those anymore. If you'd mentioned wanting a couple of TB's I would have offered a set. I'm considering pulling mine off and switching to a 454 TB and Smoke Ram manifold. The Xfire makes nice torque but I'm interested in the challenge of making the original 60's design intake work as well with better flow. The crossfire's been on my truck since '93 so I have to laugh when guys at car shows call it "cease-fire injection."

Looks like I lucked out today! Guy that wanted to buy my wrecked Roadmaster said he wasn't going to, and sadi to come look at his 1995 White Woddy Chevy Caprice with a blown LT1 engine! So I did and except for the motor... the body and interior is as good or better then mine!

So I bought it for $500.

Kid is going to do all the motor and trans swap then I will have a left over LT1 4L60e trans harness PCM and the Roadmaster wagon to part out...

-= =-

Nice!

Nice score!

Got me a nice score myself, mower came into the shop, wasnt running right, the other tech was working on it, found it blew a head gasket, pulled the head and a little water had got in the cyl and gave it a light coat of surface rust. Customer comes and looks at it and doesnt want to fix it. Asks if anyone wants to buy it, I overhear it and walk over, ask if hes selling it, he says yep, I ask how mutch and say $100. I pause for a second letting it sink in, thinking hes kidding. I reach in my wallet, pull out a $100 bill, hand it to him, he puts up his hands and say "she's your problem now" I kinda stood there for a second stunned. I had just so happened to have the money in my pocket as I had just sold another mower I bought and fixed. But I have never had one like this.
    John deere X585, 2 cyl kawasaki fuel injected, liquid cooled engine, power steering and deck lift, shaft driven 62 inch deck, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. New these things were somewhere between 8-10K. I see used ones online for sale for 5-7k These are the largest "lawn mowers" JD makes before you go to a actual compact tractor.
    Gonna rebuild the engine for a couple hundred bucks, clean it up, and make a few bucks.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

nice score!