Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Fuel Injected!
    think its gonna work never been able to build launch boost on the brakes now 10psi yeehaa

I have now officially, without question, "seen it all"...

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    Thanks for that. Improved a bad start to a long day.

Fuel Injected! DOCBAWRENCHTURNER's Avatar
    So....since this is the "Whatever" thread... <rant> I just found out the young man I traded my 5.3 swapped 1986 gmc to has it back up for sale. At twice what I was asking, he's phrasing everything as if I still have it and is using mostly the pictures I took of it. For some reason this is getting my goat. I just feel angry about it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pissed about it </rant>

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCBAWRENCHTURNER View Post
    So....since this is the "Whatever" thread... <rant> I just found out the young man I traded my 5.3 swapped 1986 gmc to has it back up for sale. At twice what I was asking, he's phrasing everything as if I still have it and is using mostly the pictures I took of it. For some reason this is getting my goat. I just feel angry about it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pissed about it </rant>
    send him an email telling him your pictures are copyrighted and to use his own.

Administrator
    It's very frustrating when people do that. It's happened to me before. One way to change what's happening is to post the same ad with the same pictures and his phone number, but at 1/2 the price.

Just an update on the truck listing situations, the kid is like 21 I called him and explained the situation. Told him I knew where the truck was (I have a buddy that lives in the same town) and that if I was selling the truck then I should be getting the money for it. He apologized and changed his listing (i helped him), kind of a weird deal, he thinks that we're friends (maybe we are?), remembers my name. I think he really just needs a dad.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, some kids don't get much parenting these days. At least he was willing to work with you on his listing, that's better than what many punk kids will do so maybe he has a chance.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

He seems like a hard worker, he pretty much told me his life story.

Went to the first showing of Furious7 last night. It was a good movie. Over the top action as expected from the trailers and how the last couple movies have gone. Worth watching even just for the vast amounts of modified cars in it, and return characters.

The tribute to Paul was perfect.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    sweet, I am excited to see it. I am waiting until the crowds die down then going to an imax theater.

I almost want to go see it again, JUST for the Paul send off, it was that perfect.

good to know, although my wife would NOT be caught in the theater for a Fast & Furious movie

Fuel Injected!
    this will make anyones day. Dont read any words on the screen just open the link and go right to full screen with the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4

So I've been working on this project pretty steadily for the last week.

It's part of a much larger project through work, which is a 1940 International Troop carrier being converted into a limo.

Well, part of that project was to install as large of a sunroof as we could find, so a VW Touareg sunroof was chosen.

the only glitch is that it needs to be in a VW car to work, due to some can bus communications that the original motors needed in order to actually function.

I could have reverse engineered that signal, but I don't quite have the experience to be confident I could pull it off in a timely enough manner.

So what to do?

Build a new controller from scratch!

I have a basic functioning controller, that will detect when the glass and the shade are at the end of the travel through current sensing, and does some basic interaction between the glass and shade when certain functions are used.

I.E., when the glass is commanded to open, the shade does as well, or when the buttons are held for longer than 1 second the control is manual and will stop when the button is released.

I will be testing it in the vehicle tomorrow. I have already tested the current sensing end of it with another test rig I set up a while ago, and finaly got to work last week the way I wanted to.

Attached Images Attached Images