Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Uhg...
    Spent two hours tonight screwing around with two Linksys routers.

The one has been running for a few years now, and this morning decided to not connect to the intarweeb, at all. Apparently, I forgot the password to access the router settings, so I tried to reset the router, several times, to no avail. The other router, that I got from a friend of mine a while ago, for a planned expanded network, also had issues resetting, but eventually did. Good thing I had the spare router, so that I could get the WiFi connected through the house again.

I will NEVER buy another linksys product again, not because this router has seemed to fail, electronics do that, but I tried to use the Linksys "Live Chat," which seems to require the product to be within a certain time period to get any support, otherwise they will charge $29.99 for a one time support session, or $39.99 for a 6 month support period, or 6 support sessions, which ever comes first.
    Thanks Linksys, you have now lost a customer that used to use almost exclusively Linksys products.

The new network will use routers and switches from a different company, leaning towards D-link, since my D-link modem seems to be a good product, so far.

It turns out the router I have been using is not bricked, I have been able to connect to it, change the name and IP address, so it may just be time to take it to a pawn shop and get rid of it.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I've always had good luck with NetGear... although the house is wired with cable all the computers now are wireless so it's just the one wireless router.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    All my jackets have hoods?
    I once lost my shirt in the hood. Got out before I lost anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I once lost my shirt in the hood. Got out before I lost anything else.
    I grew up in New Jersey, not far from NY city. Twice my bicycle was stolen.... WHILE I WAS ON IT!!!

Dam, I just learned how to hack! Now I need a black hat...

-= =-

Just got back from Underworld Awakening 3D. :D

Much better than Rise of the Lycans, and the 3D was pretty neat.

*must resist urge to buy 3D TV*
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

By the looks of that toolbox a few posts up I think a 3D TV is not in the budget...

-= =-

Is it possible to get the flu twice? I was barely getting better and feel like it's starting all over again...

-= =-

Have I mentioned lately that I HATE small block Chevys?

I hate any engine that has a rear mounted distributor...lol. Just helped a co worker do a tune up on his 01 dodge 1500 with a 360, what a PITA.
    Also hate front wheel drive cars with V6's where you cant get to the back 3 plugs.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Have I mentioned lately that I HATE small block Chevys?
    Troll!

-= =-

LOL, no, I just always have the same problems with them, starters and not wanting to actually fire, when being started for the first time or after long periods of sitting.

Just spent all day sunday instaling a new water heater in the house.

Its in a small box/cubby hole in my closet. Went in ther to get a shirt and smelled a musty smell, felt the floor around the heater box and carpet is soaking wet. I mean squishy wet.
    Long story short, thing rusted out from the inside. Old one had in/out on the side, new one is on top. Had to do some plumbing, but I did install valves on both the inlet and outlet of the new pipes I ran. Just thinking ahead.

Now I am just trying to dry out the carpet. I vaccumed out as much as I possiably could. I have a fan in there now and just bought some moisture absorber things to hang in there to try and soak up the moisture in the air as it comes out of the carpet.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Administrator
    I just found out that the guy who "accidentally" stole my Chevelle engine then offered me a good race engine in trade screwed me over twice. I pulled the Bowtie heads off the race engine to sell them and found one head has an external crack that was fiberglassed closed and painted, and the other head had a bent exhaust valve and water damage from a failed head gasket. The block isn't the high nickel block most of the race guys are looking for and I don't recognize the rods, either. And the oil pump has been removed for a dry sump app which may mean modifications have been made to the oil galleys. Now I'm wondering if my plan to use the shortblock with a set of Vortec heads is worth any more than the scrap value of the block. So much for the guys on the race team sticking together after the car owner died.

Oh, I feel the pain of a failed water heater. We once came home after a 3 day weekend to find the cold water line had split and destroyed flooring and sheetrock in several rooms. Glad you were able to catch yours before major damage and expense. Tip: Calcium Chloride, sometimes sold as "Ice Melter," poured into a plastic bowl will draw moisture out of the air.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 02-01-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Just spent all day sunday instaling a new water heater in the house.

Its in a small box/cubby hole in my closet. Went in ther to get a shirt and smelled a musty smell, felt the floor around the heater box and carpet is soaking wet. I mean squishy wet.
    Long story short, thing rusted out from the inside. Old one had in/out on the side, new one is on top. Had to do some plumbing, but I did install valves on both the inlet and outlet of the new pipes I ran. Just thinking ahead.

Now I am just trying to dry out the carpet. I vaccumed out as much as I possiably could. I have a fan in there now and just bought some moisture absorber things to hang in there to try and soak up the moisture in the air as it comes out of the carpet.
    I hate when that happens...

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    I repair homes for a living and I've seen enough that I never leave on a trip without shutting down the hot water heater and water supply to the house.