Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Nice!
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Happy late birthday. I've got about 2 1/2 years before I hit the big 30. I already feel old, tore my ACL on a bmx bike when I was 14 and my back got screwed working with idiots that couldn't listen on how to properly lift something when I used to deliver furniture.

Your right about that trigger wheel. I know online laser/waterjet cutters want around $150 for one. I've saved alot of money by doing stuff the hard way plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
    '88 Camaro 305tbi factory 5 speed car engine all stock except for Thrush(just like a flowmaster) muffler and open element air cleaner. LS1 brakes, wonder bar, Founders LCA/PHB & caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Hurst shifter, Ford 2 speed fan and 17's with 235's in front/275's out back. Running a 7427 $0d. rsmith085 over at TGO

Yea that northstar is definately a different animal. Doesnt have main caps. You remove the oil pan, then remove like 100 litle bolts, then the main bolts, to remove a plate. The removed another 100 little bolts to removed the complete lower half of the block. The crank is kinda sandwitched between the upper and lower parts of the block. Those main bolts were tight! Even had one break off in the block when removing it, most of the others felt like they were about to.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Remember to change your clocks tonight.... and your president on Tuesday....

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Time change would have been this morning...
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

We should just stay on standard time!

Drove in the snow for first time this year. Maybe the first snow my new to me 98 Silverado from AZ has ever seen.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Remember to change your clocks tonight.... and your president on Tuesday....
    I did both... Unfortunately I was more successful at one than the other.
    '88 Camaro 305tbi factory 5 speed car engine all stock except for Thrush(just like a flowmaster) muffler and open element air cleaner. LS1 brakes, wonder bar, Founders LCA/PHB & caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Hurst shifter, Ford 2 speed fan and 17's with 235's in front/275's out back. Running a 7427 $0d. rsmith085 over at TGO

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Drove in the snow for first time this year. Maybe the first snow my new to me 98 Silverado from AZ has ever seen.
    SNOW! Heck no, you can just keep it up threre. I hate snow and cold weather...lol
    Was sunny and in the lows 70's here today.

Spent all day working on my wrangler. Didnt get as much done on it as I was hoping, hit a few snags.
    I am in the process of swapping on:
    99 and up intake (equil length runners, better flowing, more power) Coated it with techline thermal barrier
    new stainless exhaust header, factory one was rusting and cracking. Coated the new one in techline ceramic coating
    new front exhaust pipe (loops around the front of the sump of the oilpan instead of going under it and hanging down)
    New/used high output PS pump
    hydroboost
    4 wheel disc 1-1/8 bore master cylinder (stock was 1in disc/drum) I have had 4 wheel discs for years, as well as larger from calipers.
    Should have a little more power when done, and some better brakes.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Super Moderator
    sounds like you got a bit more done than me..... i only had 2 hours or so to fix some of the deer damage that happened in 2008. fender is good enough for some body filler now to finish it, but door is going to take some significant planning, if not outright replacement.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Thats the list of things I am doing to it, not what all I got done...lol

I first had a broken bolt I had to get out of the head. I tried several years ago and broke off a ez-out in the bolt. I gave up and put it back together, just been living with the slight exhaust leak ever since. Its a inline six, and the bolt is the one on the very back, closest to the firewall that holds the exhaust header on. I ended up drilling a smaller hole down the side of the ezout and then taking a dremel tool with a small carbide cutter and cutting out around it untill I could take a center punch and knock it loose. I then had to use the carbide cutter and finish off the bolt untill I could knock it loose and out of there in two peices. All while laying on top of the engine and sticking my head and arms down there to get to it. That took up a good bit of time.
    Then I ended up having to pull the radiator to get the power steering line off the steering box. (I was hoping I wouldnt have to pull the rad)
    I then coated the intake and header, and let them dry.
    Then I had bought a PSC "field serviceable" hose kit, since their are no off the shelf hydroboost hoses for a YJ. Supposed to be able to install the ends yourself. Yea, that doesnt work. Absoultely no way in hell the ends will go onto the hoses (starting to think they sent the wrong size fittings). I spent probably a hour straight trying, no luck. Gave up and installed the header, intanke and new PS pump with its new later model mounting bracket.
    Thats where I stand now. Still need to get a new belt (different lengths). install and bleed the MC. Figure out what to do about the PS hoses, reinstall the rad (cant do that till PS hoses are on). Then finally install the new front pipe.
    Probably wont get done today.

People can't really be this stupid:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nsfer/Rgm7TvBr

Super Moderator
    yes...... yes, they can.

however, that specific issue.... i'm fairly certain is a troll petition, since if you truly believe we can repeal a law of thermodynamics, i'm fairly certain you can't use a computer well enough to create a petition.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

All of us where I work have been paying more atention to the petitions for states to secede. Texas seem serious, 109,000 signatures, wow.
    Most southern (southeast USA) states have more than the required 25,000 signatures. But its all wishfull thinking by them, it will never happen. They will simply see the petitions and say pfft, and hit the delete button.

Just like all the business that have been holding off till elections to decide what to do, when Obama was re-elected they knew there was going to be no recovery in economy so they laid off. Other business cut everyones hours to below what they would be responsible for Obamacare.

The petitions are a statement.

Actually Texas is the only one that could pull it off.

What is a shame is more then 50% of Americans are idiots... we have become an entitlement nation, people will choose free whatever from government because government has crushed opportunity. Social programs are the only opertunity, but we have no way to pay for them... the next 4 years is going to be ruff and things are going to get a lot worse before we see any hope.

-= =-