Page 78 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Seriously?

I go to have breakfast with the wife and find her on a gurny with paramedics taking her to hospital... seeing an ambulance in front of the nursing home did not even register... so as we meet in the hall she see's me and I say "Seriously?" She smiles and says yup, tempreture is up and got an infection.

At ER I make sure they have all up to date meds and recent history, use doc at advanced care for consult as she has not seen her primary in months. blah blah blah... she's off to CAT scan. I take off for breakfast and say a prayer... at end of prayer I ask God... "Seriously?"

Pull out of my parking spot and look at bumper sticker on car next to me and God has answered!
    Don't make me come down there!

"God"

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Seriously?

I go to have breakfast with the wife and find her on a gurny with paramedics taking her to hospital... seeing an ambulance in front of the nursing home did not even register... so as we meet in the hall she see's me and I say "Seriously?" She smiles and says yup, tempreture is up and got an infection.

At ER I make sure they have all up to date meds and recent history, use doc at advanced care for consult as she has not seen her primary in months. blah blah blah... she's off to CAT scan. I take off for breakfast and say a prayer... at end of prayer I ask God... "Seriously?"

Pull out of my parking spot and look at bumper sticker on car next to me and God has answered!

Kind of makes me wonder...mysterious ways.

dave w

Well I'm praying that the suffering she has gone through was for a reason and this time we will have the full healing!

CAT scan shows a intestine leak, large absess and turned once again to a full body/blood infection. There is no treatment or fix. Major surgery all over again! But it's being done here this time. Will be a few days before her blood thinners wear off and they can start...

-= =-

Administrator
    Seriously?

Don't make me come down there!

"God"

It's all above my pay grade. Prolly a good thing, too. Sometimes a good message is all it takes.

When I met my wife she couldn't drive a standard trans. Despite warnings from everyone in her family, I decided to teach her. She learned to do an OK job but never perfected getting the car moving. She managed to burn a new clutch out of my '57 in about 20k miles. She was so proud of herself for what she knew that I never said much. But I didn't let her drive the truck much.

At one point the '82 Phoenix 2.5 I'd purchased for her was breaking so often I couldn't keep up with it. There was a '93 Cavalier in the used car lot at work that she really wanted but I didn't have the $$ and she couldn't drive standard well enough. I'd spent yet another Saturday morning working on the Phoenix but this time I had to take a 50 mile "rush" drive to get the parts to put it back together before Monday. Fixing the Phoenix was getting old. I got permission to test drive the Cavalier to get the parts and to keep it the rest of the weekend which meant I was probably going to buy it. If she was willing to learn to drive properly.

I let my wife drive it up to the "big city." In 5th on the highway I remember she was so happy because she was driving standard just fine. Yeah... ok. In the city we got into some trouble at the parking lot of a theater that was just letting people out. There was a technically challenging spot and ultimately she got completely frustrated. She abandoned driving to get into the back seat and stare in silence out the window. Of course it was my fault. Of course I'd done everything wrong. The rest of our night out was ruined and I was supposed to suffer her wrath. Sheesh...

I was sitting at a big intersection waiting for the light to change and I was lost in thought about the whole situation. I didn't want to talk her into driving, because she might not want the car later. I didn't want to force the situation in any way... she had to want the car and want to learn or else I just wasn't going to spend money that I didn't really have. I was thinking about when I learned to drive standard. If I screwed up I just went back and tried again. No emotional factor and no one had to sugarcoat the issue. And I was thinking about how most of the guys I knew were the same way about learning to drive standard. Just do it and if you screw up, you screw up. If the teacher says "You screwed up" that's all it meant. I was thinking about how much more complicated teaching my wife was. And I was wondering why it had to be this way.

Right about then I looked up to pay attention to what was around me. Across the street was a huge LED billboard that must have been four feet high and 12 feet long. Messages constantly scrolled across the billboard in all sorts of colors with animated graphics and cutesy fonts. But just as I looked up all the messages stopped. One word filled the sign, top to bottom and left to right, in the most attention getting red you could imagine: WOMEN!!! Really??? I started laughing so hard I almost missed the green light. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has to deal with this. If The Higher Power gets frustrated with the gender from time to time, well, who am I to complain?

I can only hope that you and your wife find resolution in all this. You two have been through so much. I think of you when it seems like my small issues are getting big and I remember gratitude and humility.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 11-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

So did she ever learn to drive a stick?

-= =-

Prayers for Kathy please!!!

God please take care of my wife and heal her! Give the surgeon all your knowledge and blessing to do your miracles! Amen!

Her blood pressure dropped overnight, something is leaking other then intestine. They added blood, got the blood thinners worked out so blood was thick enough for surgery and decided to do it today, she went in at 11.AM. Surgery time is estimated at 6 to 12 hours...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I'm terrible with words in this type of situation....But I wish the best of luck for the both of you. I'll be hoping for the best!
    '86 Grand National

Thanks and it looks like we got the best!

Just got the call... She's out, easy surgery, everything went well, no more leaks means no more pockets of infection. She is in ICU but no ventilator and Dr does not think she even needs to be there overnight but for now... going to see her!

-= =-

Administrator
    Good to hear, for both of you.

And yes, Reva did learn to drive standard and very well, too. We bought that Cavalier with 104k on the clock. I replaced the engine at 220k or so and the original clutch disc was still installed and in fair condition. I saved the disc as a reminder not to be too quick to judge a person's abilities.

Wow! Kathy is doing great! Only a couple hours after surgery and it reminds me of how she is doing at 2-3 weeks!

Surgeon says he always has to plan for worst and in Kathys case it is usually not enough. This time was easiest case scenario!

Thank you God!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    good news mate

Here is some EFI eye candy. I've been asked to make a custom '0411 harness. By the looks of things, I'd say the engine owner has more than two nickles in his pocket to rub together.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Here is some EFI eye candy. I've been asked to make a custom '0411 harness. By the looks of things, I'd say the engine owner has more than two nickles in his pocket to rub together.

dave w
    Damn........

TOM
    1994 3500 Dually , 502 (509) , 264HR , Edelbrock MPFI , PFI '7427
    1992 S-10 434 SBC/Tremec - '7427
    1986 Monte Carlo SS
    1984 S-10 , SAS, 496/700R4/205 , D44/14BFF -'7427
    1980 Z-28 496/700R4
    1979 Corvette 496/700R4
    1977 Olds 98 Regency 403/700R4

That must be a lot of coin in the motor if Tom is impressed!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    That must be a lot of coin in the motor if Tom is impressed!
    That block alone cost more than my entire BBC build in my Camaro And it is NO underperformer

Dave ,

Any idea if the SBC PBM blocks are still made in China ? The BBC blocks used to be World blocks and the SBC stuff was made in China, IIRC PBM now owns World but I really do not remember , things may have changed.......

Anyway , nice looking bullet , care to share any specs ?

TOM
    Last edited by Nasty-Z; 11-17-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    1994 3500 Dually , 502 (509) , 264HR , Edelbrock MPFI , PFI '7427
    1992 S-10 434 SBC/Tremec - '7427
    1986 Monte Carlo SS
    1984 S-10 , SAS, 496/700R4/205 , D44/14BFF -'7427
    1980 Z-28 496/700R4
    1979 Corvette 496/700R4
    1977 Olds 98 Regency 403/700R4