Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

I was at that point a couple years ago, didn't need to take the laptop, because it drove beautifully. I would just find some little thing to tweak, and do that every couple of months.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I was bored a couple weeks ago and used a stock chip in the suburban with the AutoProm, went through my procedure, did my smothing, re logged, called it quits and compared to the last one I did and it was almost spot on! 2 hours... So i think that one is concoured!

Did the same with the vortec PCM... lot harder, way more work and not near as good results...

Now when I'm bored I'll do the 0411 in the vortec truck from scratch and see how long it takes? The RoadRunner and wide band sure take all the work out of it though.

Seriously the last week driving without a laptop attached was weird? I haven't driven without a laptop in years...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Well, I was about to upload what I thought was going to be a beautiful set of VE tables into my '95 LT1 so I could then focus on MAF tuning and then I toasted the PCM. I threw my spare in and kept going but I've been looking around at how to repair it because I hate throwing stuff away. It doesn't look too hard, but LT1 OBD1 PCMs are still pretty plentiful so until I toast another one I'll just keep it on the shelf; not worth buying an EEPROM burner until I have two, but I'm also going to build a benchtop programming harness to minimize this issue in the future. Mark, I did read your MCUMall review and that looks like a nice piece. Looks like I need a 32PLCC to 32DIP adapter (adp-005?) and I'll be good to go?

I did poke around on the net and found a hack where you use an old Intel 10/100 NIC with the same size (32PLCC) socket for the BIOS chip and basically fool everything into believing that you're doing a BIOS update, and thereby put a new image on your EEPROM. May try to find one of those in one of my IT buddies' closets.

Administrator
    SOmthing really wierd has been happening to me! I drove a week and can't find anything to tune in my truck?
    Now it's time to learn the code because you'll realize that you don't like the factory compromises, and maybe you want to try something from a newer car, or maybe you can dump unneeded routines, or maybe you'll realize that you just want to see if you can do it better.

I did poke around on the net and found a hack where you use an old Intel 10/100 NIC with the same size (32PLCC) socket for the BIOS chip and basically fool everything into believing that you're doing a BIOS update
    I saw the same thing. Pretty creative, actually. Too bad those cards never came with a 44 pin socket.

Fuel Injected!

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Now it's time to learn the code because you'll realize that you don't like the factory compromises, and maybe you want to try something from a newer car, or maybe you can dump unneeded routines, or maybe you'll realize that you just want to see if you can do it better.
    Man your not telling me something I already know! Just because of one good ASM I've added so many things to tweak the measly old 7747. It's XDF is so complete that when doing a compare to any bin file the only items that come up un defined are SOME error code checks, I have added others like EGR so you can change the test and pass after changing to dual exhaust. I learned so much from that.

Then I look at others and ? There's so much missing? On the good ones!

I really need to spend the time to learn this...

Wish I had some software money for IDA...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock9c1 View Post
    Well, I was about to upload what I thought was going to be a beautiful set of VE tables into my '95 LT1 so I could then focus on MAF tuning and then I toasted the PCM. I threw my spare in and kept going but I've been looking around at how to repair it because I hate throwing stuff away. It doesn't look too hard, but LT1 OBD1 PCMs are still pretty plentiful so until I toast another one I'll just keep it on the shelf; not worth buying an EEPROM burner until I have two, but I'm also going to build a benchtop programming harness to minimize this issue in the future. Mark, I did read your MCUMall review and that looks like a nice piece. Looks like I need a 32PLCC to 32DIP adapter (adp-005?) and I'll be good to go?

I did poke around on the net and found a hack where you use an old Intel 10/100 NIC with the same size (32PLCC) socket for the BIOS chip and basically fool everything into believing that you're doing a BIOS update, and thereby put a new image on your EEPROM. May try to find one of those in one of my IT buddies' closets.
    The only reason I got the GQ-4x was to do 2732a chips, it's fool proof. The other capibilities I have not used it for... well I have done 27Fs512 too.

There's always a possibility of turning a PCM into a brick when flashing in a car, some worse then others. It has to do with other modules (and voltage of car battery, voltage of laptop battrey, chargers, alarms, virus protection, on star, etc...) on same ALDL line that your are flashing on. Like OBDII if you do calibration changes only then OK, but your taking a big chance if you do the entire OS, once the other modules loose mother ship contact they freak out and start sending out may day calls and mess up the flash. LT1 has other modules...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i have one of them gq-4x programmers i hooked it up been used 705 times, 251 sst27sf512s and the rest are 2732a. before i got the adaptor and zip i had to unhook the ecm wires to remove the chip just about wore them out. why do they have a knock retard on a 747 -awdr file then have the cts set to 140c where it wont retard?

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    why do they have a knock retard on a 747 -awdr file then have the cts set to 140c where it wont retard?
    Maybe they knew that when they superceeded to BCZK ?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i have to many bin files in my head, its a awdn bin 6cylinder .

Fuel Injected!
    Did http://www.ltxtech.com just get hacked or am I seeing things?

wow haha thats messed up bunch of people to do that
    Last edited by Aholt91ss; 02-19-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Ok, the animation is cool, but it's annoying when hackers do that.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Yo dawg, we heard you liked Windows, so we installed Windows in your Windows...

So you can use Windows while you use Windows...

All this, just so that I can use my copy of Desktop Dyno 2000.

So my kid thinks his Toyota Rock Crawler, dual tranfer case and lower gears in one... needs bigger axles then to toyotas, although he has never broke one on 36 inch tires...

Now we are rebuilding the dana 70 rear, Dana 60 Front with 39 inch tires...

-= =-