Page 97 of 115 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Administrator
    Oh gawd. lmao.

Super Moderator
    Riker seems to have taken after Kirk in that aspect....
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Six Shooter...wtf man! lmao

EagleMark, glad to hear you're on your way to recovery.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Six_Shooter, Do you have any use for a 1974ish datsun 6cyl and 5speed? if so do you plan to be anywhere near Oklahoma? :)
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

LOL, I could probably find a use for that, but no, I'm not going to be anywhere near OK, not even in the States.

Just engine and trans?

If you have some details I can put the word out for people near you and might be able help you get rid of it.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    bit of fun the last couple of days
    gearbox is a dick wont change even on 7psi diff gears and twin throttles dont help has a mean idle and sounds like a nissan on high boost as heard in next video LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b1THbWxRIA
    with no suspension and a bumpy yard certian measures were required for a light throttle 7psi pass so we could get traction and get some foward drive to see how it is actually gonna perform LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VmzTloOyj8

Some 4x4 eye candy. LT1 engine. Big axles. Big tires. Aluminum body.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    damn that's beautiful

i hope you live in the desert though!
    Work in progress.

I live in the rain forest of the Pacific NW.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Some 4x4 eye candy. LT1 engine. Big axles. Big tires. Aluminum body.

dave w
    Damn, that is fun. Making an old farm boy thinking wrenching can be fun again.

Administrator
    I live in the rain forest of the Pacific NW.

dave w
    I frequently talk about heading to Oregon or Washington coast to pick up used cars. To a person from the rust belt, seeing stuff on Craigslist like an '82 Toyota diesel pickup for $1500 with virtually no rust is absolutely amazing. Right now I'm trying to find a VW TDI for my wife and we've considered drives as far south as Florida to get a vehicle, just because everything up here rusts so badly. If I had the time I'd be shopping on the left coast due to the distinct lack of corrosion.

Anyone watch the Indy 500 today?

I got to watch most of it and as always simply amazed at the technoligy in these cars and how fast they go!

Watching a full lap at 100% TPS and speeds of 215 to 220 ish is simply amazing. They showed one guy who would change wing angles for corners and straight away... but never take his foot off the floor at around 12,000 RPM the whole time! Never did see them making fueling adjustments though?

One driver had called into pit saying he had a vibration in a corner, the pit said yes we see it and it is.. blah, blah, blah... I forget... but because they knew what it was there was no need for him to worry and kept flat out racing! If it were something of real concern I guess they would have called him in or slowed him down before the car self destructed?

Simply amazing stuff!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Anyone watch the Indy 500 today?

I got to watch most of it and as always simply amazed at the technoligy in these cars and how fast they go!

Watching a full lap at 100% TPS and speeds of 215 to 220 ish is simply amazing. They showed one guy who would change wing angles for corners and straight away... but never take his foot off the floor at around 12,000 RPM the whole time! Never did see them making fueling adjustments though?

One driver had called into pit saying he had a vibration in a corner, the pit said yes we see it and it is.. blah, blah, blah... I forget... but because they knew what it was there was no need for him to worry and kept flat out racing! If it were something of real concern I guess they would have called him in or slowed him down before the car self destructed?

Simply amazing stuff!
    I did watch a bit of it. I really liked the telemetry that the broadcaster was showing. The car I saw had its TPS at 100% all the way around teh track and his trans was in 5th gear all the time(there was a 6th available gear). Revs were around 12,000rpm. The announcer explained that some drivers keep the TPS at 100% and then play with the fueling controls that will reduce a bit of power but mainly had to do with fuel economy.

There was another car that had parts of its telementy displayed and this driver was always shifting between 4th 5th and rarely 6th gear. From what I could see was that those top 3 gears were geared VERY close. It seemed that there was only about 200-300rpm difference during the WOT upshifts.

I remember driving around that track, and in the corners up in the banking, it felt as though the bus would roll downwards when not driving very fast.

I learned something about the Indycars and F-1 cars.

This an open wheel race car, notice the large fan-blade. This fan-blade was driven by a 45hp 2-stroke engine thats sole purpose is to drive the fan. The fan draws air from under the car, and coupled with the skirts that surround the perimeter of car, causes an area of low pressure, which helps to increase cornering forces as the car is sucked down to the track. (Technically the car is PUSHED down because as the higher outside atmospheric attempts to fill the low pressure area.
    After this extra engine to drive the fan was banned, another fan setup that actually used the main gearbox. This allowed for greater downforce, that faster the car goes as the fan is driven faster and faster. This car design was only raced 3 times then cancelled. All "fan cars" werent banned by the FIA.

Cool stuff for sure.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    I remember driving around that track, and in the corners up in the banking, it felt as though the bus would roll downwards when not driving very fast.
    And that was only 9 deg banking. Imagine Daytona at 31 degs.
    I agree, watching the Indy cars run 100% TPS all the way around the track at 220 is unbeleivable. Makes Nascar take a back seat.
    Last edited by Woods; 05-29-2014 at 07:30 AM.

I get so tired of the "tire kickers" that come out anytime you try and sell anything. You know the type, they call, ask about it, beat around the bush, and then make up a excuse to "call you back in a few days" then never do. They always make it sound like they are ready to just come right on over and buy it.
    Irratates me to no end, stop wasting my time! If you know you are not going to buy it, why even call? I just can not figure out what goes through their mind. "I dont get paid till XX, I will call then." "I'll call you when its closer to the weekend and we will set up a time to meet" Or just "I'll call you back in a few days." none ever call back.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.