Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Yea taurus seems to have a pretty good rep and most people I talked to that has them seems to like them. So that was one of the reasons I decided to get this one.

.454 is quite a round. A bit much for me. I do however love my hand cannon Desert Eagle .44 mag. I wouldnt trade that thing for the world. Its a older Mk. VII, back when they were still made in Israel and before they came out with the .50AE. Only downside is that because its a Mk. VII and not a Mk. XIX, I can not simply install a .50AE barrel on it unless I also install the Mk. XIX slide, basicly converting it over to a Mk. XIX. For the price of doing that, I would be better off buying a Mk. XIX with a .50AE barrel already on it. The Mk. XIX can change between .50 and .44 by simply swapping the barrel and mag.
    I did see a brand new solid black Mk. XIX .50AE with a muzzle brake at that last gun show. I just had to drool over it for a bit. It was only $1800 I love solid black model, I hate the shiney, or chrome, or gold ones. They just look stupid to me.
    If I had $1800 to spend on a gun, I would be putting it twards a springfield M1A. I have been wanting one of those for years and years and years. They had a brand new national match, beautiful walnut stock, and SS barrel at the store I bought my taurus at. Oh man it was pretty. Only a cool $2500 I think my dream of owning one is pretty much gone seeing how things are going lately, with price hiking and the threat of another ban.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

SO the GF and I go out early this afternoon to go look at some office chairs for me. As I walk out the door I look at my truck that is at the end of the (two car) driveway, and notice that the area where my rear slider is, looks pretty bright. So I walk to the back of my truck, sure enough, the slider is open.

When I actually open my truck, I see the brand new Mishimoto intercooler has been removed from the box, my glove box was open and rooted through, my console was rooted through, but nothing that I can find is missing. They tried to remove my deck it looks like, but were unsuccessful.

The part that REALLY pisses me off, is that I HEARD them, but since EVERY other time I have went to look at some noise I had heard it turned out to be nothing, I just shrugged it off. NEVER again will I shrug it off.

So now I'm going to replace the rear window with a solid window. I never open that slider anyways.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I had a similar car prowling / break in problem with my old 82 GMC until I install a bed canopy over the bed, blocking access to the slider window.

dave w

that sucks... I have a solid rear window and a locking fiberglass bed tonnou cover... good neighborhood and nosey neighbors so my big issue is away from home.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    http://dx.com/p/diy-ssr-60da-solid-s...-silver-182250

possibly a cheaper option for you guys running SSRs for whatever reason...

i can't think of any reason why it can't be used for DC on the load side....
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Its rare enough to get snow down here, but we are getting it now. And not just any snow, but THUNDERSNOW. I did not even know such a thing was eve possiable untill I was walking from my Jeep to the house and heard it. I was like WTF, did I really just hear what I thought I heard? Thats when I googled it and found it was a rare event.
    Gettin pretty bad down here right now, as we have no snow equipment for the roads. All they can do is put out sand. We got sent home from work at 1:00, and 20-25mph all the way home on the slush/ice mix.
    I am now bored off my butt trying to figure out something to do in the house...lol
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Super Moderator
    yeah, we have rarely gotten that to happen around here.... i seem to remember it right as we transition from winter to spring though, not mid-winter.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Its rare enough to get snow down here, but we are getting it now. And not just any snow, but THUNDERSNOW. I did not even know such a thing was eve possiable untill I was walking from my Jeep to the house and heard it. I was like WTF, did I really just hear what I thought I heard? Thats when I googled it and found it was a rare event.
    Gettin pretty bad down here right now, as we have no snow equipment for the roads. All they can do is put out sand. We got sent home from work at 1:00, and 20-25mph all the way home on the slush/ice mix.
    I am now bored off my butt trying to figure out something to do in the house...lol
    Go snow wheelin!

I only remember thunder storm and snow once up here. It was kinda scary?

-= =-

I remember a snow day when I was in Jacksonville Florida. At least the most of the roads are on a level grade in J-Ville. I would hate to see what would happen in Jacksonville Florida on a snow day if the streets and roads were steep like where I live now. Image an 8% grade, curved residential street about 1/2 mile long with cars parked on both sides of the street and no traction ... I call that an Auto Body repairman DREAM!

dave w

About a hour after posting that, the storm was over, the sun came out and it all started melting. Total count was 3 inches on the hood of my Jeep. Supposed to be bright, sunny, and 50* tomorrow and the rest of the weekend...lol
    Mother nature sure has a sense of humor. Last saturday it was 75*

Best telemarketing phone call ever!

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

-= =-

Super Moderator
    i miss listening to Bob&Tom every morning.....

Hauled off some scrap metal in my 79 cherokee a couple weekends ago, just found the reciept and it weighs 4600 lbs! And thats with no rear seat (wich I swear feels like it could weigh 100lbs by itself ) and half a tank of gas.
    Over 2.5 tons of american steel, iron, and rust.

My 1993 K1500 weighs in at about 5200 lbs.

dave w

Cool

guess my car is lite! a mere 3468 pounds. that is UNTIL I SIT IN IT!!!!! then she weighs in at 3778. man I need to go on a diet!