Page 85 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I hope I'm Ok posting the pics? Goggle image search...right click...save as

dave w
    No, no it's OK to post them 100%, I wasnt trying to retain ownership but merely to say that I took those pics so that I knew exactly what was in the pics, and they were of a single roller timing chain version. I just didnt want anyone to be misled and order a part that was ill fitting. Sorry if it seemed that way.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take it easy Mark. I think I'm gonna be on the table myself, Right Upper Quadrant pain, worse after meals, feeling of fullness. But main issue is pain on my right side just under my last rib and no matter how I position myself it wont go away.
    Sound familiar?

peace
    Hog
    Last edited by Hog; 12-15-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Take it easy Mark. I think I'm gonna be on the table myself, Right Upper Quadrant pain, worse after meals, feeling of fullness. But main issue is pain on my right side just under my last rib and no matter how I position myself it wont go away.
    Sound familiar?

peace
    Hog
    Gall Bladder, probably stones. All that pain went away when mine was removed. Reason it's worse after meals is the gall bladder releases bile then. Want it to really hurt? Have a really fatty greasy meal! Ouch! Then it pushes out more bile. This is what happened the day I got severe pain as it pushed out a stone...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Gall Bladder, probably stones. All that pain went away when mine was removed. Reason it's worse after meals is the gall bladder releases bile then. Want it to really hurt? Have a really fatty greasy meal! Ouch! Then it pushes out more bile. This is what happened the day I got severe pain as it pushed out a stone...
    That doesnt sound pleasant at all. How bad was your pain say, mid afternoon? On a scale of zero to ten out of ten? 0 being no pain, and ten being the worst pain you've ever experienced. I'm at a 5 or so, but again, worse after meals.
    Thanks

peace
    Hog

Sounds about right! Then one day you'll hit a 10!!! It will go away but next day or so your temperature will rise and rise as when the stone you have stuck now passes it will cut and cause a nasty infection.

I thought I was just sick and let it go... temp was 105 on second day, sweating like a pig, arms and legs shaking because the infection was systemic/whole body in blood by then. Four bags of IV fluid while in ER waiting for surgery...

Go get it done now. The gall bladder removal surgery is out patient same day, sore for a few. Make sure they do it laproscopy! Few little holes and not a big stomach opening!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    OK, I'll go get it checked out. A couple years ago when I was in nursing school I actually got to see a choleycystectomy (gall bladder removal) They did is laprascopically at 1st, but then something went wrong and the surgeon switched over to a laparotomy and cut the guy open. Its weird how they inflate the stomach cavity with CO2 when using teh scope. I thought he was going to pop.
    thanks man

peace
    Hog

Super Moderator
    Make sure they do it laproscopy! Few little holes and not a big stomach opening!
    that's how my wife had hers removed.... she tends to have issues with random, minor infections from where they cut at the navel, but that seems like a better compromise.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    that's how my wife had hers removed.... she tends to have issues with random, minor infections from where they cut at the navel, but that seems like a better compromise.
    Mine did too, then infection pushed out the grit? No more issues.

I found that after surgery my belly button was still filthy? Figure surgeons would make sure an area they are poking into would be cleaned first.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    OK, I'll go get it checked out. A couple years ago when I was in nursing school I actually got to see a choleycystectomy (gall bladder removal) They did is laprascopically at 1st, but then something went wrong and the surgeon switched over to a laparotomy and cut the guy open. Its weird how they inflate the stomach cavity with CO2 when using teh scope. I thought he was going to pop.
    thanks man

peace
    Hog
    They had said my gall bladder was so infected it may burst and then they would have to open me up to get it out and clean up.

-= =-

Mark, sounds like you have been having nothing but bad luck lately. I hate that for you and I pray for all of you. I hope everything goes well.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Aftering trying almost everything to get the heater core in my WJ flushed out with no luck, I finally had to break down and put a new one in.
    Had to pull the dash completely out to get the hvac system out, then change the heater core. While I was in there I also replaced the broken recirculation door, replaced the door actuators, and also replced the evap core. Evap core was pretty nasty looking, but the picture didnt pick it up very well. After all was done, I took a hack saw to my old heater core to see what was in it. Here was what I found:

Heres the evap core:

79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    getting there now

I have CAD for the LS Engine!

Now I can design just like the big name aftermarket suppliers.

It's a limited package, mostly external component geometry.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    nice

Well the wife is home and doing well so far!

I got good and bad news... spot on kidney is benign so I'll be like the thousands of others who just have it checked every 6 months. Bad news is the esophogous came back as cancer... so Tuesday I get a full body scan to see if it has spread... then start Chemo and radiation... then after that a surgery to remove....

Down to fluids only, no solid food wants to go through. So I sip on protein shake all day. Still loosing weight!

-= =-

Well the wife is home and doing well so far!

I got good and bad news... spot on kidney is benign so I'll be like the thousands of others who just have it checked every 6 months. Bad news is the esophogous came back as cancer... so Tuesday I get a full body scan to see if it has spread... then start Chemo and radiation... then after that a surgery to remove....

Down to fluids only, no solid food wants to go through. So I sip on protein shake all day. Still loosing weight!
    Cancer is a tough / heartfelt medical diagnosis to receive. Let us know the body scan results.

dave w