Page 77 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Fuel Injected!
    that build thread is awesome some nice work for a young fella.

Been searching for a specific shotgun, every night, for about a month straight now and having no luck.
    Its not finding a needle in a haystack, its like finding a needle in a stack of needles. I am looking for 1 specific model in a sea of simillar models.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I have one of them?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I am looking for a early model Benelli M3 tactical. The early models are stamped with H&K, as they imported them for benelli for many years untill benelli started importing themselfs. I am looking for a H&K marked M3 with the factory ghost ring sights, 7+1 mag tube and the factory pistol grip stock. This is turning out to be something thats not easy to find. I can find all kinds of the newer benelli usa imported models with a 4 or 5+1 mag tube, but can not find the H&K marked model with ghost ring sights and 7+1 mag. The stock can be changed out easy, so I would take a model with the straight stock as long as it was H&K marked, 7+1 mag and ghost ring sights.
    I currently have a early H&K marked M3 and love it. I have had it for a long time, but ever since I have had it, I wished it had the ghost rings sights and pistol grip stock. But mine has the straight stock and rifle sights. The rifle sights are made onto the barrel, and the ghost ring sight models use a different barrel. I priced a ghost ring sight barrel, the pistol grip stock, the rear sight, and machine work to mount the rear sight on my current one, and I am a little over half the cost of just buying one in the configuration I want. Then I figure I could sell my old one. All the H&K marked models I am finding, are in the configuration of the one I already have.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

SOunds like a rare find. Sorry all I had was a needle in a stack of needles...

-= =-

My kids 88 Chevy truck has had a rear brake issue, grabbing. So he's been after me to fix it? Why? He's afraid he won't be able to get all the springs and such back together let alone right!

So I told him NO! He's like Huh? But I will teach you! Oh, OK... so he got all new parts together and we pulled both drums. Drums were new as were pads. But it looks like they did not adjust brakes so they cocked and cracked. Been like this since he got the truck but just recently the pad fell off and jambed things up.

So I taught him one side and when we went to the other I said your on your own, kicked back in a chair and wathced. He almost made a couple mistakes but recovered before I had to say anything. He did well!

-= =-

Yep, I HATE drum brakes! Thats why 2 out of my 3 jeeps have rear discs. The 3rd (my 79 cherokee) will be getting rear discs when it gets lifted with 1 tons.

Super Moderator
    i guess it would depend on the vehicle, but the rear drums on the monte carlo have been more reliable than the front disks considering the many times i've had to make it home using only the e-brake to slow me down. with the amount of salt that gets thrown on the road here, brake lines take no time at all to turn into dust.

of course, the e-brake cable is so stretched now that i have about 2" of ground clearance when it isn't applied.

i am curious about slotting the inside of the drum, i've seen it done before and heard of good results, but never felt them.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    you would be surprised what that orange clay dirt dose to any galviniesed metal [quarry clay].

Some of you know I've not been doing well... then I went and got really sick! Really have not felt well since my gall bladder was removed in June. Spent most of that month in Portland while the wife had a major surgery and I was staying at Dave Ws house. No way to keep up to Dave on a good day but I was dragging ass... he was a gracious host! I thought it was just to early to be doing trips after surgery but it had to be done.

So things finally get worse, temperature going up, go to doctors and they want to know why I've lost 40 pounds since last there? Hell I don't know maybe because I'm sick and hardly eat!!!! Or how about stress??? Blood pressure should be down with that much weightloss but it's up? So many blood tests I've got a bruise on my arm and look like a junky! ... anti biotics, blood in urine, CAT scan showed a 11mm leason on my left kidney, same kidney I had a huge stone removed from and benign tumor removed from couple years ago... now ultrasound shows nothing? This is a good thing because if it was something it would have shown more, not less. Next is a MRI...

Feeling a little better and getting some strength back, looks like a bladder infection this entire time... so far... everything else is back in order.

All the while trying to hide it from the wife (but she caught on long before I told her, she had been calling doctor and knew I had appointments) who is still in the hospital. Been close to 4 months now... couple months ago they moved her to the advanced care hospital where they found underlying causes of her getting worse and not healing! Some very rare skin diesese around the surgery site, piroderma gangranous (SP) now that it is treated and gone she is healing up along with probably the only treatment she has never had for her chrons diesese and it is also totally under control.

She's doing well and looks like she will be home for Christmas! Hoping for a better winter because this summer and fall has sucked!

-= =-

Good to hear.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Sounds like things are looking up for you guys. Glad to hear it and I wish yall the best!

Mark,

Sorry to hear about all of this. I knew your wife was pretty sick and had been in and out of the hospital for some surgeries. But I did not know you were also dealing with your own problems on top of all your wife is going through.

I am glad to hear you and your wife are doing better and hopefully are receiving proper treatments now. Hope you and your wife continue healing and regaining your strength. Hang in there buddy and even though it may be hard in times like this don’t let your faith in the Lord falter.

Reading the book of Job and sometimes I feel like him but not quite the worthy adversary...

-= =-

Well first day in nursing home went well. Went in early and had breakfast with her after helping her dress. She get's to leave for several hours if approved and she is approved. Then we went out to Walmart and got her some clothes and things for the house, she wanted these baking dishes... seems shes been collecting recipes. Tomorrow after breakfast we shop for food and she comes home to make the son and I dinner since we are working on his truck tomorrow, his day off. First family day and dinner together in four months? Looking forward to tomorrow. Kind of strange it will be the first time she will see the wide screen TV I bought her for her birthday in August.

-= =-