Page 75 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

I haven't updated in awhile on the outcome of my wife/Kathy major surgery in Portland. All went so well we were amazed and she made it home in only 2 weeks, was tough trip home and slow going for a week and were seeing improvements.

The things started to deteriorate... infections, abscess and more fistulas. She's been in hospital for a few weeks... maybe a month, I've lost track... now moved to advanced care hospital. She has not eaten in three weeks, on intravenous TPN for nourishment. Waiting one more week before they attempt another surgery to correct two small intestine leaks that have just eaten away a large part of her abdomen. If successful she will need another reconstruction mucsle/skin graft to fix that damage. She's become resistant to the 3 anti biotics needed so now on six others to make up for it.

She is in good spirits and still fighting hard each day. Does double PT classes and never slows down. But other complications like blood thickness/thinning and no medication seems to be able to keep it right? Heart palpitations... lot's of weight loss...

Hope was so high this nightmare was over! Watching that hope slip away, again, my faith is really gone too, I just don't have any hope left, it's all used up! I just enjoy spending time with her each day and have stopped worrying and hoping...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Mark, my prayers are with you and your wife. I hope for nothing but the best. Just hang in there and dont give up on your faith. Now is when you need it more than ever.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Mark, my prayers are with you and your wife. I hope for nothing but the best. Just hang in there and dont give up on your faith. Now is when you need it more than ever.
    What he said X2!

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    hope your wifes doing ok mark.

today i got some motivation and got out and made my first merge collector.made one out of toilet rolls first then used the toilet roll version as a template for the 2 angle cuts on the end of each pipe.turned out pretty good for a half hour slap together

CAD drawing for a piece of test equipment (non-automotive).

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!

right angle wrench

has anyone used one of them right angle wrenches with their zip or burb gun? and what kindof reselts did you get. I was thinking about buying one an just trying to see if it would be useful to me before I purchase one.

Wicked!!

I am getting a hang of this assembly code.

One of my classes this semester is "microprocessors", and its ALL assembly code.

The few few weeks I've been fumbling my way through it, getting input from other class mates and such, and just getting the tasks done.

Well I finally got my 2 port serial PCI card working in Win7 over the weekend, so I could attach the Dragon12P development board that has a Freescale HCS12 microcontroller at the heart of it.

Well, we get our lab assignments at least 4 days a head of the lab. So I decided that this week instead of just typing out the base to code to have ready for lab, that I would try to figure out how to get the lab done at home.

I did it, on my own, piecing together previous labs with this one to make it work the way I want it and the way I read the assignment. It doesn't do much, but take the input from two specific keys on a PC keyboard, and either counts up from 0 to 9 on one seven segment display or down from 9 to 0 on a different seven segment display. I'm glad I did it at home, it's taken me about 4 hours to get it working (including typing out the base code that was given to us and de-bugging why it didn't work, which was just that I missed adding a terminator at the end of a bunch of hex values.

Anyway for once I'm ahead on something this semester! :D

The only thing I haven't been able to get it to do is to keep looping in the direction until a key is pressed for the opposite direction. I can get it to work perfectly to count in each direction once and then wait for input, which depending on how you read the assignment may be exactly what he wants.

I'm hoping that in a couple months I'll be able to add some e-fan code to an ECM that a friend of mine uses, from scratch. That's going to be a real test. :D lol
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    yes i know for all things not car related but i dont do much not involving cars LOL
    its my mates bday so today i made a cake (shaped like a car) LOL

I just had this happen:

Although it was only a modification of a similar code from last lab, I usually have more issue trying to get the functionality correct. lol

It's nice when I don't need to debug code for hours. :D
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I really hate it when that happens, I so look forward to hours of debugging
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    I really hate it when that happens, I so look forward to hours of debugging
    LOL!

Air filter? Whats that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Just have not had time or mental capacity to actually concentrate here lately. Just to much stress for to long... then today the next door neighbor and good friend's wife died! Same age as me, just went to take a shower and died, heart attack, could not revive. No health issues...

My friend, Mike is a wreck. Seriously the nicest guy in the world. The last several years he and his wife Eve have taken care of their parents as they each passed away. Kind of the same deal as my wife and I. Now this. Both of them do nothing but help others. Take a few elderly women out shopping each sat morning, always there for anyone, teach bible study one night a week and started their own church just six months ago.

I saw Mike going to his car and he did not look well? He saw me leaving and walked over and asked how my wife was doing? I said quickly she is still in hospital but doing better... now what's wrong with you? His wife just died a couple hours ago and still he asks me about my wife... I gave him a hug and we both cried for awhile.

If someone would have asked me who was going to pass away today this would have never made the list.

God Bless you Eve, you will be missed.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

It takes all kinds...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-ZZ4-350/page3

Why do people come into a thread thinking that what they are saying has not been covered previously, and only repeat internet folk lore just "because other people have done it for years"? That may be the case, but that doesn't make it correct.

It would be nice if there was some way to weed out these types of people before they join...

Fuel Injected!
    awesome efi conversion