Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Well, had quite a interesting moring/day.
    Came into work like normal, had a gator I had to finish up, then another one to work on after that. Finished gator #1, started on gator #2. worked on it for probably a hour and got the problem with the engine fixed, all I needed to do was drive it around a bit to get it up to temp/fully warmed up. We have a old shut down gas station next to the shop which is the corner lot of a big intersection. I was driving around in the parking lot/yard of the station and saw a van stop in the road, then a man and woman get out and push it to the side of the road at the entrance of the gas station parking lot. I drive over to see if I could offer any help. He said he just ran out of gas. I told him we had a can with a couple gallons in it at the shop I could give him to get him to the next station. He thanked me. I go and get the can, come back, park next to the van and walk to the back, look for traffic, none coming, they were stopped at the light. walk around the van, just a few inches inside the white line on the sholder side. I raise the can to start filling it then I suddenly see a black flash, car parts flying and the feeling like I got hit by a car, next thing I know I am setting on the road looking the opposate direction and my right leg killing me. Holy crap, I DID just get hit by a car! My right leg from the knee down hurts badly and cant move it. By then, people were stopping, I got the couple in the van to help me up, since only my leg was hurting and get off the road. They carried me to the gator and I set on the floorboard of it. A few people stop to help, call the cops and whatnot. The car that hit me, stopped a couple hundred yards down the road. We watched them waiting for them to come back, we saw the lady get out of her car, look at the right side of it, where the right side mirror got knocked off by ME...lol. She walked back around her car, got in and drove off! WTF!?
    Rescue squad showed up as well as the cops, one took off after her. Rescuse guy took off my boot and looked at my leg/foot. I can still move my toes and everything looks normal other than from my knee to where my boot started looked like you ran a strip of sandpaper down it. Apparently when she hit me, the mirror spun me around and then her back tire got my right foot/leg. Got a ride in the ambulance so my leg could get checked out. Everything else on me was fine, nothing hurt but my leg. While waiting for the x-rays to come back, me and the boss were trying to figure out what and how it hit me. We just so happened to look at my boot and noticed tire tread marks going across the toe! HA, man I LOVE steel toe boots! So her tire ran over my toe and caught my leg. X-rays came back and no broken bones, just a real good sprained ankle. They wrapped it in a ace bandage and sent me on my way.
    As the old saying goes, no good deed goes un punished...lol. Cop came back by the hospital to have me a sign a paper and I asked if they caught the woman that hit me. He said they did and she claimed she didnt know she hit anything....LOL. Have no idea what they did to her or whats going to happen to her.

So here I am, bored at the house, have had my leg propped up while laying on the sofa. Now have it propped up on the table next to the computer, I was going crazy just laying there. Surpriseingly my leg doesnt hurt as much as you would think after getting hit by a car. Havent even taken any pain pills, dont think I will need to, didnt even go get the rx filled for them. Only hurts if I try to bend my ankle.

But anyways, just a story to remind you you have to watch out and be carefull no matter what. Hope everyone elses day was better than mine...lol
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Wow, that is an interesting day.

Hope you recover quickly.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Unbelievable!

Glad your still with us.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    random fact of the day:

my wife loves waffle crisp, but hates maple syrup...
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Ankle has felt better today. I can stand up without the crutches and no pain unless I try to bend it. Got home from work today and unwrapped my foot, still swollen, and now starting to bruise..lol. But feeling much better. If its like my last sprained ankle (the other foot) I should be able to walk without the crutches by the end of the week or sooner.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Somehow I stumbled across this video of someone with a supercharger on a 4cyl YJ. Very interesting way of mounting it, and makes sense to use a un used spot. They have it mounted basicly where the stock AC compressor would have been.
    Only odd thing, is they have it blowing into throttle body, how does that work? I know very little to nothing about superchargers, but all the ones I have seen, the throttle bodies are on the inlet of the supercharger, and the supercharger is bolted to the intake. Thats how all the supercharger kits I have seen for the jeep engines were set up. Had to replace the intake.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhGD1-Izt_M

Here is another one except its on a 4.0. But looks to be the same supercharger as the first vid. Only he has what I am guessing is a blowoff valve. But whats with the extra air filter on the tube going from the supercharger to the throttle body?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ADX...eature=related

Here is yet another, and yet again appears to be the same supercharger with the same 3.8 on the outlet part. Where do these come from? Is there some junkyard engine people are pulling these from? This one however looks to be done more correctly, with the stock TB replaced with a elbow, and the TB moved to the inlet of the charger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2MOy...eature=related

Edit.
    Found it. These superchargers are from 3.8L ford thunderbirds. I think something from like late 80's to early-mid 90's. Interesting. If I only had the money...lol
    Last edited by JeepsAndGuns; 09-23-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Yep the Eaton M90. They also used them on the GM 3.8 V6's. years ago a guy had a site on Geocities with a 5.0 Thunderbird that had two of them hooked up somehow. They go for about a 100 bucks on ebay I thought about putting one on the old 20r Toyota pick up I used to have but didn't get much further than that.
    '88 Camaro 305tbi factory 5 speed car engine all stock except for Thrush(just like a flowmaster) muffler and open element air cleaner. LS1 brakes, wonder bar, Founders LCA/PHB & caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Hurst shifter, Ford 2 speed fan and 17's with 235's in front/275's out back. Running a 7427 $0d. rsmith085 over at TGO

Super Moderator
    you can have the TB ahead of or behind the blower, but IIRC, it's safer to have it in front of it.

Super Moderator
    http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/toad/

i don't know what's going on here, but i don't like it.

Wow on http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/p...d-vehicles.htm it even lists the tuning files as being .xdf and .ads......
    '88 Camaro 305tbi factory 5 speed car engine all stock except for Thrush(just like a flowmaster) muffler and open element air cleaner. LS1 brakes, wonder bar, Founders LCA/PHB & caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Hurst shifter, Ford 2 speed fan and 17's with 235's in front/275's out back. Running a 7427 $0d. rsmith085 over at TGO

There's tons of those programs for OBDII, most are crap. For the cables and all the Europian vehicles there are also tons of them, I've even seen software to reset speedometers.

But looking at the OBDI list it's a direct copy from TunerPro. So either TP sold rights or was ripped off.

-= =-

Just got an email from the China comapny who does these...

Dear good client
    How are you
    I am lisa, we do car diagnostic tools such
    as vag diagnostic tools,professional diagnostic tools,launch x431 tools,key
    programmer,chip tuning tools,Mileage correction tools and so on
    We have many new tools now

1.Launch x431 tool
    2.Auto ecu programmer
    3.vag diagnostic
    tool
    4. IC socket
    5.Auto key programmer
    6.Mileage
    correction
    7.oil service reset
    8.obd2 scanner tool

We have the best quality with best after-sale service
    Please contact me
    when you need
    Best wishes
    Lisa

-= =-

Super Moderator
    i sent Mark a message about it, he was unaware as well....

Humm, definately something fishy smelling about that place.

WTF??

My "math" professor wants us to write a JavaScript program to take some numerical input and convert it to a different numerical output, involving, in my case, concerting the arctangent of .5714 to the cos result...

JavaScript is not even part of the program I am in. :facepalm:

We have example code, but no direction on how to manipulate it...

There are lots of complaints about this "professor," amongst the students, and not just because of this.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.