Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

I wouldn't mind taking JeepsandGuns new rifle for a spin! But don't think I'd be caught dead in that batmobile? Maybe the real one would be cool!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking JeepsandGuns new rifle for a spin! But don't think I'd be caught dead in that batmobile? Maybe the real one would be cool!
    Mark you almost got it. I think using JeepsandGuns new rifle while using that batmobile for target practice might be fun.

-= =-

Anyone here have a use for some desktop computer memory? I dismantled my old as hell desktop and saved a few parts out of it. I have two 1GB sticks of memory I do not have a use for (since my new desktop uses different memory)
    They are 1gb each, one I bought from a local computer store years ago, its kingston brand, the other is crucial brand I bought from newegg a year or so after that. They are DDR PC2700

Look here for specs on the crucial: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145086

Anyways, I will sell super cheap to any member who might be able to use them.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Seahawks are sure kicking some butt today!

-= =-

Wow, Chemo and radiation really hit me hard this week. Sick, weak and getting what they call Chemo brain? Hard to think. Won't be much help if this continues... this is why I had asked 1project2many to take over my Admin duties awhile back... glad I did...

Lots of good stuff going on here in forums, keep up the good work. I'll have to catch up to you guys someday.

-= =-

So I'm done with radiation and chemo and the next Tuesday I get sicker and weaker but it never stops?

So by Thursday, haven't eaten since Tuesday morning, just sips of water or a get sick my wife says she will give me a ride to hospital or she can call an ambulance... what's my third choice? Ooops! Have'nt seen that look in awhile... She had called the cancer doc and he said I need to go to ER, this is not normal!

So after the standard blood tests and X rays it's off to CAT scan and they inject me with stuff, back to ER and wait for results and guess I won the CAT scan test because they didn't even wheel me to my room... just wanted to know if I had a preference for Surgeon? Straight to operating room!!! Huh? Looks like I lost so much weight my intestines had room to move around and got a hernia, completely kinked off.

Luckily surgeon could do it laparoscopy or recovery would be a lot longer! He said how long have you had this issue? I said ? Happens every once in awhile but goes away... he says yeah it has happened a bunch of times, he could see the dead rings around the intestine!

Back home today and feeling much better.

-= =-

Wow, glad to hear everything is going better now though.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I've been having that issue every once in awhile since all this other stuff was found!

Am felling pretty darn good now though!

-= =-

Wow that really sucks, but at the same time I am really glad you are feeling better!
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Ok header guys, I want some opinions.
    The cheap aftermarket header I bought for my 4.0 YJ to replace the factory cracked one, well, has now cracked. Thats what I get for buying cheap. So I want to purchase I better quality header and hopefully be done with it.
    There is nothing short of a crapload of different headers out there for the jeep 4.0. I have narrowed it down to a couple that are in my price range. I really cant afford much over $300, but it looks like I have no choice. Both of these I have never heard of, have no experance with the brands, and both are pretty close in price. Looking at them, anyone have any opinions on either one?

AFE:
    http://www.amazon.com/aFe-48-46201-S...sim_sbs_auto_3
    From the looks of the pictures, it looks like a nicely built and sturdy header. Welds look good. No reviews yet, google didnt bring up much either.

JBA:
    http://www.amazon.com/JBA-1526S-Stai...eep+4.0+header
    Looks pretty decent. Found a couple reviews online, nothing bad so far.

What say yall?

Well it looks like I made the wrong choice. I picked the afe header and installed it a couple monts ago.
    Since day one it has sounded like there was a leak. I felt all around it but could not locate it. I thought I was just hearing things, but as time went on, I kept hearing it and a leak is the only thing it could be. I thought, maybe I messed up the gasket when I put it on. So I buy a new gasket on my way home from work friday and tear it apart yesterday. Once off, the gasket was fine, but you could clearly see it was leaking around the #5 exhaust port. I cleaned and lightly sanded the head and header and put the new gasket on and put it back together. Leak is still there. Flange has to be warped. Header is supposed to have a limited lifetime warrenty. Guess I will find out monday when I call them. If they do warrenty it, I do not think I will install it. I have not been very happy with the fit and finish of it.
    The design of the tubes put them right in the way of the mounting bolts. Factory header and the crappy one I had on before this one, you could get all the bolts with a long extension from the top. Not this one, tubes are in the way. All but 1 of the lower bolts I had to get from under the jeep reaching way up past the front driveshaft and inbetween the header and the block with a rachet wrench. Not fun! Also the output flange of this header is not in the same spot as factory. Its way close to the block, it has shifted my front pipe and whole exhaust system to the right, placing my front pipe really close to the oil pan.

I've been having that issue every once in awhile since all this other stuff was found!

Am felling pretty darn good now though!
    It amazes me how your able to keep up the fight!

Attached are some pics that might bring you a smile? A "barn find" with a LS engine transplant in progress.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well it looks like I made the wrong choice. I picked the afe header and installed it a couple monts ago.
    Since day one it has sounded like there was a leak. I felt all around it but could not locate it. I thought I was just hearing things, but as time went on, I kept hearing it and a leak is the only thing it could be. I thought, maybe I messed up the gasket when I put it on. So I buy a new gasket on my way home from work friday and tear it apart yesterday. Once off, the gasket was fine, but you could clearly see it was leaking around the #5 exhaust port. I cleaned and lightly sanded the head and header and put the new gasket on and put it back together. Leak is still there. Flange has to be warped. Header is supposed to have a limited lifetime warrenty. Guess I will find out monday when I call them. If they do warrenty it, I do not think I will install it. I have not been very happy with the fit and finish of it.
    The design of the tubes put them right in the way of the mounting bolts. Factory header and the crappy one I had on before this one, you could get all the bolts with a long extension from the top. Not this one, tubes are in the way. All but 1 of the lower bolts I had to get from under the jeep reaching way up past the front driveshaft and inbetween the header and the block with a rachet wrench. Not fun! Also the output flange of this header is not in the same spot as factory. Its way close to the block, it has shifted my front pipe and whole exhaust system to the right, placing my front pipe really close to the oil pan.
    There has got to be a quality header? I've been through the cheap route and it's never worth the savings of a good header.

My old and sold 1990 Blazer had cheap headers and the rust, they looked like crap but were there when I bought it. Went through the gaskets, lock tyte, specail bolts and they were always loose and blowing gaskets. When a freind was moving he had a set of Headmen Elite Ceramic coated headers brand new in box he gave me. When we finished his moving project they say for months and I decided to try them. Bolted right on with no tool issues, spark plug wires all worked fine and no way to burn, cleared everything, bolts never came loose and gaskets never blew? D'oh! Add to that they still looked like new a year later? Then I looked them up and Headman does have cheap headers as well but these were closer to $450 for the set... worth every penny! Oh, and underhood temps dropped like a rock, open the hood mid summer running AC and it was much cooler under there and the one wire O2 sensor had plenty of heat to stay CL!

Wow that really sucks, but at the same time I am really glad you are feeling better!
    Thanks! Weak still, really weak. Need to get some health and strength back, protein drinks and yesterday bought some liquid vitamins and push it a little a day! Now that food can go through, still have the stricture in esophogous but if I'm careful eating it's OK, soft food... Was weak before this, haven't really had enough calories a day in months. Now more weakness from another surgery but it was quick one. The longer you are under anesthesia the worse it is...

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    It amazes me how your able to keep up the fight!

Attached are some pics that might bring you a smile? A "barn find" with a LS engine transplant in progress.

dave w
    Cool truck! Thanks for the smile!

You would hardly recognise me since I stayed at your place last summer. Lost 70 pounds total and it was not a good way to loose weight. Shaved my head and beard before Chemo started.

Need to get the healthy back and heal up from all this cause I still may have a big surgery coming up... It's amazing the things they found while looking for this the whole time!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------

My kid has his rock crawler just about finished so my first job will be tuning the 8708 with DIS on his Toyota 22re motor, we did work out the issues awhile ago but it's still running a stock memcal.

-= =-

There has got to be a quality header? I've been through the cheap route and it's never worth the savings of a good header.

My old and sold 1990 Blazer had cheap headers and the rust, they looked like crap but were there when I bought it. Went through the gaskets, lock tyte, specail bolts and they were always loose and blowing gaskets. When a freind was moving he had a set of Headmen Elite Ceramic coated headers brand new in box he gave me. When we finished his moving project they say for months and I decided to try them. Bolted right on with no tool issues, spark plug wires all worked fine and no way to burn, cleared everything, bolts never came loose and gaskets never blew? D'oh! Add to that they still looked like new a year later? Then I looked them up and Headman does have cheap headers as well but these were closer to $450 for the set... worth every penny! Oh, and underhood temps dropped like a rock, open the hood mid summer running AC and it was much cooler under there and the one wire O2 sensor had plenty of heat to stay CL!
    Sad part is, is this is not a cheap header! I paid like $385 for it from amazon, and it looks like the price for it has went up, as they now list it for $400!
    When I removed it yesterday, none of the bolts were loose. On the Jeep 4.0, the intake and exhaust are on the same side, and the same bolts with special washers hold on both. In the 18 or so years I have had this jeep, I have never had any of them work loose. I have had a couple break off, but never come loose.
    I noticed yesterday, when I bolted it on (you bolt the header in place with the very front and very rear bolt, then put on the intake and rest of the bolts) that I tightened down the front bolt, and a large gap opened on the rear, and I had to pull it up to the head with the other bolt. This tells me the flange is NOT flat! I guess I will find out tomorrow when I call the company, if they are going to stand behind it or not.

I had a cheap header on before that (like $150) and it cracked after like 6 months, but atleast the flange never leaked. I thought I was going to get a better one. Guess not.

Well that really sucks you had that much trouble after spending big bucks and expecting a good header!

It's not like the 4.0L Jeep engine is rare or not improved by aftermarket parts, there should be a good header out there?

There warranty should cover it as it's obviously not built right! Who knows how many were built in that jig and sent out that way and if they fixed it yet?

-= =-