Page 98 of 115 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

I think I had more tire kickers call yesterday that I did all week. One for sure said he was going to call and meet out there yesterday afternoon. Never heard back from him. People calling asking for parts I have clearly listed on my ad that are not for sale because I am keeping them for myself.
    WTF is wrong with people. Its getting to the point its not even worth trying to sell or part something out.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I'm not sure why this happens? Maybe people are bored? But it's my experience as well to have many of the same calls from Craigslist. Now if I run the ad in our local Nickelsworth I get a much better class of people...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yep, I usually end up giving stuff away to people I know. I only buy parts cars anymore if I can get my moneys worth of parts for myself.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I think I had more tire kickers call yesterday that I did all week. One for sure said he was going to call and meet out there yesterday afternoon. Never heard back from him. People calling asking for parts I have clearly listed on my ad that are not for sale because I am keeping them for myself.
    WTF is wrong with people. Its getting to the point its not even worth trying to sell or part something out.
    I'm not a fan of paying Ebay fees! It's a very different kind of transaction ... Craigslist vs. Ebay. Buy it Now / Best Offer works good for me when I sell on Ebay. It really depends on what the item being sold is ... heavy stuff, not something I usually sell on Ebay. I seem to do OK with items that can ship USPS Flat Rate.

dave w

Well, this afternoon, we decided to mockup the bumper we are building for my son's 4runner. He tore the old one off at Christmas trying to get a friend unstuck. Here is a picture of the cardboard on the passenger side. He picked up a 10,000 pound winch last week for $150 so it goes in the bucket.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 06-02-2014 at 02:10 AM.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm not a fan of paying Ebay fees! It's a very different kind of transaction ... Craigslist vs. Ebay. Buy it Now / Best Offer works good for me when I sell on Ebay. It really depends on what the item being sold is ... heavy stuff, not something I usually sell on Ebay. I seem to do OK with items that can ship USPS Flat Rate.

dave w
    I've signed up for Vflea. Not a bunch of traffic now but I'm spreading the word...
    http://www.vflea.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I only buy parts cars anymore if I can get my moneys worth of parts for myself.
    I think thats what I am going to start doing now. I will probably think long and hard too before I buy another vehicle to part out.
    It has been a few years since I have parted out a vehicle, but last one I did, I got the parts I needed, plus made my money back selling the rest. So far its not going good on this one.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

That would make for some big jumps!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Well its starting to look like I will be crushing a perfectly good and 100% rust free chevy truck body. I have had not one single person buy any parts or even come look at it, and have not even had a tire kicker call in a week.
    Is there really no market for this year range truck?

Well its starting to look like I will be crushing a perfectly good and 100% rust free chevy truck body. I have had not one single person buy any parts or even come look at it, and have not even had a tire kicker call in a week.
    What year?

EDIT: NM, I saw your other post - '93. Wish I was closer, would love to drop that onto my '74 frame.
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 06-07-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Your 93 vehicle and similar vehicles were targeted with the cash for clunker deal a few years ago, which has me thinking might have killed the market for used parts for those vehicles. I recently read that new vehicle sales are doing well lately.

dave w

I tried a different tactic this morning. Instead of having just one ad listing all the parts on craigslist, I divided it up into 3. I listed the engine, bed, and rest of the body seperate. Hopefully that will increase my chances of selling the parts. Otherwise, to the crusher it will go. I dont really want to, because I hate throwing away perfectly good parts. But in this case I do not have a choice. Only reason I was able to buy it was because I had a friend agree to store it for me with the agreement it wouldnt stay there over a month. I agreed and I am going to keep my word.

I tried a different tactic this morning. Instead of having just one ad listing all the parts on craigslist, I divided it up into 3. I listed the engine, bed, and rest of the body seperate. Hopefully that will increase my chances of selling the parts. Otherwise, to the crusher it will go. I dont really want to, because I hate throwing away perfectly good parts. But in this case I do not have a choice. Only reason I was able to buy it was because I had a friend agree to store it for me with the agreement it wouldnt stay there over a month. I agreed and I am going to keep my word.
    Good tactic!

Administrator
    As the phrase goes, You're trying to sell ice to Eskimos. Up here to the northeast where everything turns to junk after 10 years you could sell your parts.
    http://nh.craigslist.org/search/sss?...dodge&sort=rel
    Lotsa rust and garbage up here for the 3k to 4k price.