Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Our dealership got broken into thursday night. I hate theives!
    Guy cleaned out every tool from every compartment from our service truck. Unbolted and stole the generator/welder and also the air compressor. He used our forklift (which we usally leave parked outside) to take them off the truck. Our delivery driver had drove the truck trailer home that night because he had a tractor to pick up far away and wasnt going to make it back in time for closing. He left his 96 3/4 ton diesel suburban there and had left the keys in the center console. Thief found them, loaded it with the tools, the air compressor, then hooks to our small single axle lawn mower trailer, loads up the generator/welder onto it, stole another air compressor out of the back building, along with some cases of oil. The service manager had also left his ford ranger there with the key in it, and the guy originally was going to use that and had loaded the welder into it, but then found the keys in the suburban and changed his mind. He stole his company laptop out of his truck, and also stole another company laptop out of the service truck. He then used a skid steer loader to push down the fence and then drove out of there.
    Guy had some balls! Every bit was caught on camera, he was just walking around in no hurry at all like he owned the place, he was there a few hours, stopping and smoking. The pictures from the security cameras were too grainy to make out his face He didnt get into the building, otherwise the alarm would have gone off. Me and the other techs were worried about our tools as soon as we found out. Luckaly he didnt get inside. But we did find out that insurance would cover them if it did happen. So me and another tech went through our boxes and tooks pictures of everything we have so would would have proof and be able to list everything we have incase this guy comes back.
    It needs to go back to the old days where they cut off his hand if he gets caught. I HATE THIEFS
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Sounds like someone comfortable there, like they know exactly how it all works. An ex emplyee? Someone close?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Crate engine

Here's a real crate engine...

crate engine.jpg

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Here's a real crate engine...

crate engine.jpg

dave w

Administrator
    Bad news is the esophogous came back as cancer... so Tuesday I get a full body scan to see if it has spread... then start Chemo and radiation... then after that a surgery to remove....
    The chemo's tougher to endure than the cancer. Talk with your boy and get some help. You'll need someone around. Sometimes your body just won't work the way you want and it's tough on everyone who's involved so be prepared. People tell you to keep fighting but early on it can be a matter of just remembering to breathe. But the good news, after several weeks it starts to get better.

Woo Hoo! Good news again! CT/PET scan shows isolated to esophagus cancer, absolutely no spread to other areas, lymph nodes or organs!

The tech was great, I told him you gotta tell me something, I can't wait through Christmas not knowing... he said come on just don't tell anyone and act surprised when doctor tells you. Ok Fine! So he went over it all with me and said you know this is the best news you can hear at this point!

:woot:

-= =-

Nice, cancer is never good news, but knowing that it's isolated is.

I can't imagine going through what you and your wife have this year.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

That is so awesome, the surgery, chemo and rad. will be more bearable know that there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Merry Christmas to you and your family Mark.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Ahahahahaha:

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Woo Hoo! Good news again! CT/PET scan shows isolated to esophagus cancer, absolutely no spread to other areas, lymph nodes or organs!

The tech was great, I told him you gotta tell me something, I can't wait through Christmas not knowing... he said come on just don't tell anyone and act surprised when doctor tells you. Ok Fine! So he went over it all with me and said you know this is the best news you can hear at this point!

:woot:
    Jeez man, best wishes to you, I hope all things are positive from here on in..
    peace
    Hog

That's very good to hear Mark, hang in there. My mom passed a few years ago from stomach cancer, so I have an idea of what you're going though. It sounds like they found it early enough that you can beat it down. We'll be praying for you.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Okay, change of pace here. My son and a friend went mudding Christmas eve. My son got home about 9:30pm covered in mud. His buddy's full size chevy was still stuck. He nearly tore his front bumper off trying to get him out, but when his friend fell in the lake up to his neck they decided that was enough for the night. Here is a picture of my son's front bumper on his 4-runner. DSC00457.JPG

This is a video we made Christmas day trying to get it out. 4 hours = 8 feet. They were using a splitting maul to chop ice. The ford was a 3/4 ton with a 390. we broke a 6000 nylon strap, a 24000 lb. chain binder and and a 5/16 link on a chain rated at 15000 lbs. It took a big tow truck and that barely got him out. enjoy.

Square body stepsides forever!!!

Maybe a moderator will strip my wifes and my own health posts to it's own thread so I stop messing up the fun here, like Jims post was very enjoyable... to me... not them...

But I have not been feeling well at all and even thinking is an issue, doctor says it's the massive amount of weight lost in short time and will feel better when we get some more calories going. Right now I'm lucky to get 500 calories a day down and have lost 60 pounds in 5 months. Last three days have been 0 calories and Dr has helped with some meds and I'm eating... well drinking again.

Today I had another endoscope with ultrasound to map out the esophagus cancer, this helps define area for radiation. Problem is it is more accurate then a PET scan and shows it has spread to stomach and lymph nodes in area, so going to be a little tougher then expected...

-= =-

-= =-

You had me excited that it was an actual V12 engine powering a coffee maker...