Thread: New guy from AR

Carb and Points!

New guy from AR

Hey everyone! Found the site searching for GM TBI swap info and I believe I came to the right place! I have a 77 K10 that I am wanting to convert to GM TBI. I have a 89 and 93 Chevy truck that I can pull all necessary pieces from I just trying to figure out what all I need to pull. The hardware doesn’t scare me it’s the software/tuning that does. Will I need to tune for my 77 5.7 with no emission if I pull from a 5.7 TBI? If so who are some well know and trusted tuners? I have already asked around my area and everyone only does 97+ LS style tuning. If there is a software that I can use to tune my self I am open to that option as well but would need guidance the whole way through.

truck details are: 1977 Chevy K10 4x4 Quadra jet 4 barrel carb(hopefully not for long) SM455 transmission(plan on keeping manual at this point) 3:73 gears 31” tires ( may bump up to 33 in future)

my plans for this truck are to use it like a truck still so figure in towing, off-road some, and general driving to town. Most of driving will be on groomed roads/asphalt and maybe like 5% off-road. This will be a 3rd vehicle for me and I want to use it mainly for hauling/towing duties. It won’t be drove every week which is kind of the drive behind the efi swap as I am tired of fighting carb after sitting for a month.

this will be my second efi swap but my first was a LS 5.3 swap into my 80 Jeep CJ7 so there are several small details that changed between the two but I have a general grasp of what needs to happen.
    thanks in advance!
    Jared

dave w