Thread: Hello from down under...

Carb and Points!

Hello from down under...

Hello all,
    I'm situated in North Eastern Victoria, in Australia.
    Being a relative newcomer to efi tuning, especially the GM platform, this place seems a great resource for people like myself.

The TunerPro platform is one I've been using recently, as a mate & I have a track car, a VY Holden Commodore, with substantially modified Ecotec V6 engine, which his son drives.
    While not an ideal engine platform, imho, we've had to stick with the V6 (Class rules), so we were obliged to make it work...

We run a 808 ecu with an NV Ram board from the guys at PCM Hacking, which has been very successful, however, it's been a steep learning curve for me!

After learning on the fly, we've had good success, winning our category in 2018.

Unfortunately, the powers that be then changed the class rules mid way through 2019, & then we were all stopped in our tracks by the 2020 COVID situation, like many others.

The rule change has also meant that we are obliged to run a Motec ecu into the future, so farewell to the 808.

On a more personal level. I'm in the process of restoring/modifying a 1978 VC Commodore, which is based, as some may be aware, on the German Opel platform of that era.

It's about ready for paint, hopefully early in the new year.

The engine I'm building for it is a 402ci L98 based version of the LS series.

That will be controlled by a Haltech ecu & IQ7 dashboard.

One of the main reasons I'm interested in learning/contributing on this forum, is that I have a couple of mates running the LS platform with the original ecu, which I'm attempting to learn how to tune effectively.
    We're all enthusiastic amateurs on a budget, & enjoying the challenges this presents.

I've been using TunerPro, however I'm also interested in learning the pros & cons of other software platforms.

My knowledge level of the ins & outs of the software is pretty basic, so there's plenty to be looked at for me in that regard.

There's lots more to say, however, I will say,
    Thanks for the opportunity to participate!

Cheers, Ray.

Link to gearhead-efi OBD1 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...GM-EFI-Systems

Link to gearhead-efi OBD2 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank you